Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: What's my type?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type?

    I'm hoping people here might be able to give me some suggestions on what I could possibly be. Even better would be to pinpoint my exact type.

    I'll start off with some visualisation for the time being, and will post some background info on myself a little later on.

    One small detail is currently I'm not the most self-confident person so I'll take these photos down a while later, if that's okay. I'm the chinese child in the corner.

    Figures I can't use a spoiler function. PS. Please don't quote the pictures. Thank you...
    Last edited by Sanity Panda; 07-07-2008 at 09:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    welcome Mr. Panda, I salute your audacity in joining this forum, you will soon regret your decision. You will become addicted and slowly strangled by its bittersweet embrace.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you Bertrand and Kamangir. Looking forward to the embrace that is socionics, the insanity of trying to figure everything out with one mode of system.

    The photos leave me feeling a little vunerable, especially the child one but I'll refrain from removing them for the time being until tonight. How could I be posting my life photos on the internet

  4. #4
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,617
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Introverted, intuitive. Overall I think Ni leading makes the most sense.

  5. #5
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Panda View Post
    The photos leave me feeling a little vunerable, especially the child one but I'll refrain from removing them for the time being until tonight. How could I be posting my life photos on the internet
    I know how you feel. Welcome.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Right so background information!
    That's much easier to figure my socionics type with hopefully. Just tell me what sort of things you'd like to describe and I'll try give an answer. I'll write in bullet points for ease.

    I'd just like to mention that my self-esteem and confidence might affect the results, although I don't know how much. Does it matter in socionics?

    1. I've been brought up to listen to elders such as my parents. As a child I was mostly chaotic. However when I had to transfer school, for a long time I believed that I was responsible for being removed and consequently I must have changed my behaviour. From grade 3 onwards... I like to think that I was a good natured student who listened to the teachers.
    2. -
    3. My parents brought me up with reasoning skills, getting me to understand why certain things I did was wrong rather than punishing me directly.
    4. -
    5. Online friendship [Age 13] - (They were INFJ MBTI) where I started learning more about kindness, empathy and all that. During this time I was pretty insensitive without realising what I was doing, also played online computer games - Geeky chinese kid. :S
    6. -
    7. Last few years I've started developing more interest in psychology of the self and philosophical questions. Started browsing forums reading up things regarding love, relationships, truth, perception etc.
    8. -
    9. I never went through the stereotypical teenager phase of beng rebelliious for the sake of going against my parent. However over the last few years I've been clashing in terms of values...
      What's the reason we engage in this certain behaviour? Do we need to do it?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm usually a rather calm and quiet person; People often think of me as rather aloof, confused and lost. An old man once told me that he viewed me as a loner (accurate, I don't have many friends), he mentioned that I wanted to be alone. However that's completely opposite to what I want... I want good friendships.

    Being pleasent and kind is important to me. But my parents accuse me of being uncaring because I'm constantly forgetting to go down stairs, or that I'm lazy. Essentially what's happening is that I've got values and beliefs but my actions don't match it entirely. Something that I have to work on.

    Situations that stress me out are dealing with unknowns, if I'm given a task without any help or background information. I have absolutely no idea and can't proceed with confidence; doing things correctly is important to me since I don't want to disappoint others. This applies to other aspects of life such as relationship such as when I want to comfort another person but don't know what to do. In a way I'm emotionally awareless. <- Might be the esteem speaking however. I introspect alot, too much perhaps and thinking about ethical situations.

    I think this is the reason why I've looked towards psychology, philosophy and introspection for answers to understand myself better. I've made random startling discoveries like finding out that I don't really cry unless I'm shocked, instead I'd brood over matters for a long time. Other times when I lose things(such as dropping an mp3 into the ocean. I just shrug it off - My idea of care is very unbalanced)

    My interests therefore lie more within psychology but my abilities lie more within mathematics and science. I've had a conflict of interest on what to choose for university and the future.

    I'd love to become a teacher who inspires others to learn, and teach values etc despite it being subjective. However at the same time I suffer the conflict of teaching in this world being underpaid... I haven't really provided much for my parents who have worked hard most of their life and becoming a teacher won't help that.

    Anything else?

  8. #8
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cool nick name.

  9. #9
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well you are definitely in the NT club. Everyone wants friendships if they're healthy, but by stating that, you want someone who is friendly to you, so I would say you have (Fe) or (Fi) in your super-id. In effect, you seek friendships, someone who can understand you. Other things you have said also point to having those little shapes as something you actively look for.

    I might be jumping the gun, but when you say that you don't really care if you lose your mp3 player, that suggests you are strong in (Ne). People that are strong in the opposite of Ne(which is (Se)) usually value their personal possessions a lot.

    With this, the original hypothesis of Alpha NT sounds strong. They value and . Have you read the wikisocion entires for INTj and ENTp? I would side on INTj however.

    INTj
    ENTp

    I have a question for you also. What is your opinion on physical exertions? You enjoy it?, and what type of sports do you like? Do you run and stuff?
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Well you are definitely in the NT club. Everyone wants friendships if they're healthy, but by stating that, you want someone who is friendly to you, so I would say you have (Fe) or (Fi) in your super-id. In effect, you seek friendships, someone who can understand you. Other things you have said also point to having those little shapes as something you actively look for.
    That's most likely true.
    I might be jumping the gun, but when you say that you don't really care if you lose your mp3 player, that suggests you are strong in (Ne). People that are strong in the opposite of Ne(which is (Se)) usually value their personal possessions a lot.
    It's not that I don't care. I've sort of developed this attitude where I can't do anything about it anymore... I might as well shrug it off. It's more likely to be a self-mechanism combined with hopelessness rather than not caring. If I lost the toy I'd be upset...


    I have a question for you also. What is your opinion on physical exertions? You enjoy it?, and what type of sports do you like? Do you run and stuff?
    I'm not really that into sports... I've just grown lazy over the years. However I do like bowling and tennis, despite never really getting the chance to participate due to a lack of players.

    However in the past I used to engage in Kickboxing, I didn't enjoy the exercise... but I found the sparring with others rather fun. My teacher made a funny joke that I used to fight in a style where I'm basically charging into the door.

    I rarely fight though. I'm usually calm and a peaceful person, prefering to take blows and insults made to myself since I can tryto ignore them, it's more hurtful when said by a friend however since then it has truth. However when people bully my friends or people that I know, assuming I'm not overpowered (I.e. They look like knife wielders) I'll start standing my ground. Maybe it's the karate and kickboxing which has caused this effect.

    Anyhow to top it off... just a picture of something I value. I'm not usually into these cutsey stuff, but my friend liked this sort of romantic things so I tried to do things that were romantic except I'm not very good at it ^^'

    I like the sentimentality behind it however.


    Say hello to Bonbon =P

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    If you are ILI, you can say that the Fi HA is why you feel the way you do about good friendships. I am only speaking from what I understand. I relate to everything you said. I don't know what else to say.

    I don't know if you already know if you are a judger or perceiver which, in socionics, is more like rational or irrational, rational being a judging type. Anyways, a contrasting list that is good is http://socionics.us/theory/rat_irr.shtml

    For a logic and ethics contrast that I at least found enlightening in coming to my type was http://socionics.us/theory/log_eth.shtml.

    My inclination is INTx, but I don't want to assume things and mislead you, though I have my personal ideas that I feel strongly.
    Thank you.
    Using those website you gave me. I'm definitely rational.
    Regarding Logic or Ethics, I'm not 100&#37; certain but I feel my actions and behaviours reflect logic more however my motivation is more for the purpose of ethics. Hopefully I'm not contradicting myself, maybe it's to do with upbringing and because of interacting with my INFJ friend who is an inspiration to me... such positive and optimistic behaviour

    For the time being I'm not going to decide completely until I've gathered information. ^^'

    I'm curious as to what enneagram (I don't care how it is spelled) you are.
    The last time I was playing with enneagram I was looking more towards 6.

    However I can't remember if I had 9/5/1 involved too. I was messing around with wings for certain.
    Last edited by Sanity Panda; 07-06-2008 at 10:52 PM.

  12. #12
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Greetings Bonbon. Hmm, the more I think about what you are saying, the more it seems you indeed have an Fi hidden agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion Fi HA
    The individual longs for establishing stable personal relationships with other individuals based on mutual trust and understanding where deeper and private feelings and experiences can be easily shared. However, the individual lacks the initiative to establish such relationships and usually expects others to make gestures in that area, admiring those who do so.
    Sound like you? Anyway, I see Fi>Fe here, but get other opinions, I'm no socionics champ.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  13. #13
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The last time I was playing with enneagram I was looking more towards 6.

    However I can't remember if I had 9/5/1 involved too. I was messing around with wings for certain.
    6w5 is possible.

    How about temperaments? I believe this will clear up rationality/irrationality. The fact is that an INTp might act rationally, but his temperament is irrational.

    IP

    IJ

    That's not Fi. That's friendship. I can see anyone wanting that, not just Fi seeking.
    As I said before Dolphin. The fact is, he spends a lot of time talking about friendship-related matters. I wouldn't talk about something like that except for granted. And stable interpersonal bonds=Fi.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Greetings Bonbon. Hmm, the more I think about what you are saying, the more it seems you indeed have an Fi hidden agenda.

    Sound like you?
    Yes very much so.

    The individual longs for establishing stable personal relationships with other individuals based on mutual trust and understanding where deeper and private feelings and experiences can be easily shared. However, the individual lacks the initiative to establish such relationships and usually expects others to make gestures in that area, admiring those who do so.
    The bolded part is what I don't agree with so much. It's certainly easier for me if others make that connection. However it's something I want to learn how to do more effectively. The idea of expecting such a thing from other seems extremely unfair and it's not really my idea of a balanced friendship/relationship.

    How about temperaments? I believe this will clear up rationality/irrationality. The fact is that an INTp might act rationally, but his temperament is irrational.
    It was easier actually with purely rational/irrational. I identify with traits from both section, however it's probably more along the lines of IJ than IP (Just about... still could be wrong)

    I organise alot within in my mind and I become unhappy when I'm feeling lost. The problem is that IJ is described as calm, where as IP is described as flowing and relaxed....

    In relationships compromise is an extremely important thing that I usually engage in, taking middle ground.

    Socionics test from that other website
    If I go with my normal option (3) I'd end up with EII or ESI.

    However if I go down the logical path (1) - I'd end up with LSI/LII/LIE/LSE
    I don't really view myself as creative (Path 2).
    I've been described as water once... plain but sweet ^^'
    Last edited by Sanity Panda; 07-06-2008 at 11:35 PM.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    What she said.

    At least you're not a cookie-cutter type.

    The Bon-bon thing was very cute, btw.

    You sound like a very cool person, though. Hopefully this forum won't change that.

    Aww thanks! Yep it's a very cute thing. I take it with me most places I go, despite the fact that the friendship itself has been a little shaky in the past few months (although that might be paranoia speaking)

    Anyhow I'm sure this forum won't change me too much!

    Beside even it does, I don't think I'll mind. This place seems to have so many helpful people. It can only be a good thing

    Thanks once again!

  16. #16
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have little more to say, but I have this feeling that carrying around Bonbon because of a friendship(even though that friendship is now shaky) is a very Fi valuing thing to do.

    /end.

    Have a great time with socionics panda, and yes, take heed of what hostage said, I fell into the trap of acting more like my supposed type rather than my honest self. Took me a while to get out of it.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  17. #17
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bump.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  18. #18
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Panda View Post
    One small detail is currently I'm not the most self-confident person so I'll take these photos down a while later, if that's okay. I'm the chinese child in the corner.

    Figures I can't use a spoiler function. PS. Please don't quote the pictures. Thank you...
    Yeah, the spoiler function is messed up... our admin is ............. "working on it"


    As for taking your photos down, that's not necessarily a bad thing or a sign of lack of confidence. There are plenty of good reasons to not leave tons of photos of yourself all over the internet. So don't worry about it.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you remind me a lot of myself. I'm really wary of my socionics skills (so am hesitant to suggest anything definitive), but is INFj really out of the question? I'm not sure it is. I think maybe some Ne-IJ at least.

    (i'm not 100&#37; sure on my type, but in order of likelihood i think it goes something like this: INFj,ISTp(for delta values),INTp,INTj,ISFj,INFp)

  20. #20
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    you remind me a lot of myself. I'm really wary of my socionics skills (so am hesitant to suggest anything definitive), but is INFj really out of the question? I'm not sure it is. I think maybe some Ne-IJ at least.

    (i'm not 100% sure on my type, but in order of likelihood i think it goes something like this: INFj,ISTp(for delta values),INTp,INTj,ISFj,INFp)
    Your socionics skills are not bad in the least from what I have seen bro. However, I got the feeling that Fi is weak in him instead of strong. But maybe I am incorrect.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    you remind me a lot of myself. I'm really wary of my socionics skills (so am hesitant to suggest anything definitive), but is INFj really out of the question? I'm not sure it is. I think maybe some Ne-IJ at least.

    (i'm not 100&#37; sure on my type, but in order of likelihood i think it goes something like this: INFj,ISTp(for delta values),INTp,INTj,ISFj,INFp)
    There's a chance. I haven't narrowed it down as well since I don't have enough description websites... I identify somewhat on one website, but then I don't identify as much on another or appear neutral.

    Reading website 1 - socionics.com

    ISFp
    INTj - Unlikely (neutral)
    ISTj
    ISFj
    INFj

    Reading website 2 - info types.

    ENFJ
    INFJ
    ISFJ
    INTJ
    ISTJ
    INTP - Unlikely
    ESTP - Even more unlikely - didn't read
    ISFP - Unlikely... but more likely than INTP
    ISTP - Unlikely
    ENTJ - I'm unconscious in that case
    Does anyone have any more sources or profiles?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •