Thread: Superficial Charm Poll

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Superficial Charm Poll

Superficial. Charming. "Ignorance is bliss." Well-dressed.

I'm thinking of the "Charro" type. Or Latoya Jackson.

SEE? SEI? What do you think?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    Superficial. Charming. "Ignorance is bliss." Well-dressed.

I'm thinking of the "Charro" type. Or Latoya Jackson.

SEE?
    Um, the type that shouldn't be supervising me?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say SEE between those two, partly because I don't see SEI as (don't want them to be?) superficial.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of idiot could say ignorance is bliss? I only agree with it in very few cases.

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention"
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    What type of idiot could say ignorance is bliss? I only agree with it in very few cases.

+1

As to the poll question I think SEE could be the most superficially charming type, though I see it all the time in an SLE i've been around in school.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to socionics, this idiot would say ignorance was bliss.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    When it comes to socionics, this idiot would say ignorance was bliss.
    TOUCHÉ MADEMOISELLE
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    This idiot breathes a fervent amen, Jem.
    Thankyou. Idiocy loves company.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're trying to be contradictory?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of idiot could say ignorance is bliss?

there are few greater truths.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometime I'm taxed by the great weight of my profound knowledge and I wish it would all go away. It's very hard experiencing the world in a way that is as naturally omniscient as my perspective. If only I were ignorant and my god-like vision would rest for even the merest blink of an eye I could find peace.

Nick and Hitta know what I'm talking about.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Nick and Hitta know what I'm talking about.
    ingredients: water, sucrose syrup, high fructose corn syrup (glucose-fructose syrup), citric acid, natural lemon and lime flavors with other natural flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, glycerol ester of wood rosin, yellow 5.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lemon-Lime Gatorade. You see?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lemon-Lime Gatorade. You see?
    Try doing that without Google.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't google. It was the amazing powers of my superior understanding of the universe. I had the foresight to see into the future, know that niffweed would make such a post and then make sure to check the ingredients of all the beverages in the vending machines on campus on Wednesday so I would be prepared for just such an occurrence. You see how hard my life is? I wish I didn't know so much. Didn't understand things so well.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't google. It was the amazing powers of my superior understanding of the universe. I had the foresight to see into the future, know that niffweed would make such a post and then make sure to check the ingredients of all the beverages in the vending machines on campus on Wednesday so I would be prepared for just such an occurrence. You see how hard my life is?
    Yeah I see. You should use Google instead. It only takes seconds to find it out. I guess it is not as cool though.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    Yeah I see. You should use Google instead. It only takes seconds to find it out. I guess it is not as cool though.
    I sometimes condescend to use something as mundane as google, but usually nothing more than my brilliance is necessary.

Alas, I see a headache in your future if I continue to tax you with the incredible weight of my forbearance.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every second somebody dies! And somebody gives birth!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I wonder what is the shortest theoretical life span any species that has to reproduce with another gender can have.

It was a good thing you posted since all Alphas are starting to group hate me so I better not converse with them today. I think I'm bored and I should be in bed.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what is the shortest theoretical life span any species that has to reproduce with another gender can have.

It was a good thing you posted since all Alphas are starting to group hate me so I better not converse with them today. I think I'm bored and I should be in bed.
    What? I'm not hating you, I'm playing a character, lol. Yesterday numbers (not sure what his user is here) was talking about how hard it is to be Ni and have all that kind of foresight and understanding and Nick and Hitta were giving him a hard time about it. I was pretending to be an omniscient Ni. When you mentioned google it made me laugh and it gave me an excuse to exaggerate the character even more.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? I'm not hating you, I'm playing a character, lol. Yesterday numbers (not sure what his user is here) was talking about how hard it is to be Ni and have all that kind of foresight and understanding and Nick and Hitta were giving him a hard time about it. I was pretending to be an omniscient Ni. When you mentioned google it made me laugh and it gave me an excuse to exaggerate the character even more.
    Oh. That's good. Now I can go to bed peacefully. But - that also means you are not really omniscient. You use Google like everyone else. Hmph.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're never bored...in bed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Here are the real statistics concerning Population, Death Rates, and Reproductive Rates from the World Health Organization, by geographic region: http://www.who.int/choice/demography...eath_rates/en/

You can reproduce and die before you are even born (so you have a negative lifespan). A male Acarophenax tribolii will impregnate his fifteen sisters while still in the womb (there is a 15:1 sex ratio in this species). I wonder if the unborn children can also house internal orgies, in an infinite cycle.

Last edited by Nexus; 07-04-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    You can reproduce and die before you are even born (so you have a negative lifespan).
    Hmm..perhaps lifespan should not be calculated starting from when you are born then but sometime earlier. I hate the concept of lifespan now. It is too gray. It should cease to exist.

A male Acarophenax tribolii will impregnate his fifteen sisters while still in the womb (there is a 15:1 sex ratio in this species). I wonder if the unborn children can also house internal orgies, in an infinite cycle.
    Hey, isn't that a fractal. Kind of. In any case this kind of stupid species mess up my whole idea. I was kind of thinking there could be species whose lifespan is really short and they have to reproduce at great speed because they die so quickly. They could live in one specific area in the world where would be constant orgy going that would keep the species alive. Then one day a short disruption would come which would stop the orgy for a while and then the whole species would disappear in one big wipe. Nah this would only work on TV.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm..perhaps lifespan should not be calculated starting from when you are born then but sometime earlier. I hate the concept of lifespan now. It is too gray. It should cease to exist.

Hey, isn't that a fractal. Kind of. In any case this kind of stupid species mess up my whole idea. I was kind of thinking there could be species whose lifespan is really short and they have to reproduce at great speed because they die so quickly. They could live in one specific area in the world where would be constant orgy going that would keep the species alive. Then one day a short disruption would come which would stop the orgy for a while and then the whole species would disappear in one big wipe. Nah this would only work on TV.
    Those have probably already become extinct or evolved. I believe that there is no bith canal in that species, the progeny must eat their way out of the mother.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those have probably already become extinct or evolved. I believe that there is no bith canal in that species, the progeny must eat their way out of the mother.
    I know some women who would prefer that to normal childbirth. Hmm..I think Alien did something like that too. In a way.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, there's plenty of stuff to get upset about, if that's what you're looking for. That doesn't sound like a very enjoyable way to live though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sure, there's plenty of stuff to get upset about, if that's what you're looking for. That doesn't sound like a very enjoyable way to live though.
    This could be an ideological difference, but I want to change the status quo, at least in the way of universal justice.

For example, some people take the notion that we should get resources any way we can, by installing pro-American dictators in one century and handing out smallpox-infected blankets in another. I would say this is the "If it helps American interests, it's all good" tent. I would be in the other tent, the group that considers the social and moral consequences of these actions. Things like this have been occurring for hundreds of years, and I don't consider it right and/or fair to others.

I don't stand for injustice to other people if it can be helped, and it usually can be. I'd rather focus on the injustices in the world than burp and say all is good.

Some people will say that I don't know how the world works and that I am naive. I simply haven't accepted injustices as correct.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think that your being upset will improve things, then I suppose it is your imperative to do so.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    You're putting people in two black and white catergories, plus you're implying that people who don't support you are murderers. And you're drastically simplifying, disorting, and misrepresenting the issue.

You sound overly self righteous and judgemental. Not every single injustice in the world can be helped. People have unfair things happen to them all the time, and it's often not one person or group's fault, but a whole string of circumstances that lead to the issue and cannot be so easily corrected by somebody coming in and saying "I ahbor and will fight injustice blah blah". What good is that actually doing? Until you demonstrate that you are actually doing something about whatever problem, you do others a disservice by catergorizing them in such an ignorant manner.

I don't see how you can accept the world in such a dogmatic, black and white way, but whatever.
    I believe it is because Kam is an ethical type, so he will make moral value judgments as he sees the need arise and respond compulsively. You are a logical type, so you will require a logical basis and refuse to accept an absolutist construct in the absence of absolute reason.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're putting people in two black and white categories, plus you're implying that people who don't support you are murderers. And you're drastically simplifying, distorting, and misrepresenting the issue.
    Fill me in. I'd love to hear you expound these issues. Unfortunately, you yourself are guilty of what you are accusing me of, by drastically simplifying, distorting, and misrepresenting the issue.

How much recent world history have you read Dolphin? And I'm not talking about Iraq or even Vietnam, I mean the trail of blood that we've been drawing ever since we've landed here. But that is not my point, to rail against indian murders and slavery. The native american issue is very muddled and technically we needed to expand ourselves. But this is an entirely different story.

America has been intervening in world affairs since the Monroe doctrine. We support democracy, yet Britain and us have installed dictators in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and elsewhere. I don't think the Saudi nationals are too happy about this. We have held bloody coups in Grenada, Iran, Nicaragua, etc. Why do we do this Dolphin? Why? It's not just for fun, it's for the "gain" of American interests. And if people suffer, so be it. They're not American.

We should have no right to encroach on others personal rights, but we do, year after year. And we have become so attuned to it that we believe that we are installing democracy in these states, when history tells us otherwise.

People have unfair things happen to them all the time, and it's often not one person or group's fault, but a whole string of circumstances that lead to the issue.
    I agree. 9/11 didn't come out of nowhere, and they don't just hate our freedom, it was our cavalier attitude towards their well-being that pissed them off so much. As I stated before, the killing of innocents is intolerable, be they American or others.

All in all Dolphin, there is a lot of background that needs to be covered before we can talk.

I believe it is because Kam is an ethical type, so he will make moral value judgments as he sees the need arise and respond compulsively. You are a logical type, so you will require a logical basis and refuse to accept an absolutist construct in the absence of logic.
    My argument is not without logic, even though my compassion towards all humans might take a bit of ethics. But we are not all so gifted, as the record shows.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My argument is not without logic, even though my compassion towards all humans might take a bit of ethics. But we are not all so gifted, as the record shows.
    I'm not saying that your argument is not logical, but it is not absolute in the way that you are trying to convince dolphin...there is not a fine line between good and evil; the Shah of Iran was deposed in 1941 so that the Allied Powers could get to the oil before the Axis Powers did, and it was a huge factor in their success. While the US has a military presence in 191 countries (according to http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=5564), they also send aid money to 185 of those (according to http://qesdb.cdie.org/gbk/index.html).
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-07-2008 at 05:44 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read enough, thanks. My own history books emphasized the complexity of the issues of the time....they weren't soley attributed to "evil burping Americans" and "injustice" either. They were attributed to a host of causes - the current president, the political party in control, the disagreements and fights between the 2 political parties, the sentiments of Americans at the time considering what world problems were an issue, current technology, and the list goes on and on...
    You haven't read enough. Your own history books, American-made? Just saying. They aren't going to expose themselves that much.

Btw. Egypt is a republic.
    Saudi Arabia is a monarchy.
    Pakistan is a federal democratic republic.

Where are the dictators???
    Egypt-Mubarak is a dictator.
    Saudis-A king is a dictator, and he has been proving it.
    Pakistan-Run by the military? Musharraf is a military general, although I think he is retired now. He can declare martial law whenever he wants. He is at least almost a dictator.

All propped up by the west.

take some links:

UN Resolutions

Israel has been attacking the palestinians for 60 years, bulldozing their homes. The suicide bombings are the only thing they can do to fight back, other than throwing rocks at tanks. Every time the UN passes a resolution condemning Israeli actions, the US uses its veto to save Israel.

1953 Irani coup

The Iranian coup of 1953, overthrowing a democratic government so the oilfields could be nationalized.

There are others I will get to later.

I'm not saying that your argument is not logical, but it is not absolute in the way that you are trying to convince dolphin...there is not a fine line between good and evil; the Shah of Iran was deposed in 1941 so that the Allied Powers could get to the oil before the Axis Powers did, and it was a huge factor in their success. While the US has a military presence in 191 countries (according to
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=5564), they also send aid money to 185 of those (according to http://qesdb.cdie.org/gbk/index.html).
    This is true. I am not to say that we are out to attack every country there is, I am simply saying we have no problem with invading and subjugating nations when it serves our interests.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it is because Kam is an ethical type, so he will make moral value judgments as he sees the need arise and respond compulsively. You are a logical type, so you will require a logical basis and refuse to accept an absolutist construct in the absence of absolute reason.
    oh my
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You haven't read enough. Your own history books, American-made? Just saying. They aren't going to expose themselves that much.

Egypt-Mubarak is a dictator.
    Saudis-A king is a dictator, and he has been proving it.
    Pakistan-Run by the military? Musharraf is a military general, although I think he is retired now. He can declare martial law whenever he wants. He is at least almost a dictator.

All propped up by the west.

take some links:

UN Resolutions

Israel has been attacking the palestinians for 60 years, bulldozing their homes. The suicide bombings are the only thing they can do to fight back, other than throwing rocks at tanks. Every time the UN passes a resolution condemning Israeli actions, the US uses its veto to save Israel.

1953 Irani coup

The Iranian coup of 1953, overthrowing a democratic government so the oilfields could be nationalized.

There are others I will get to later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Ir..._d%27%C3%A9tat
    Actually, the Palestinians left Israel in 1948 of their own accord; the Israelis did not kick them out when they were suddenly attacked by five Arab armies (Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, and Egypt). When they were refused entry into these countries, the Palestinians tried to take over some of them and butchered many innocent citizens of these other (non-Israeli) Arab nations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September_in_Jordan). The Palestinians were still allowed to find work in Israel, until a misunderstanding during the Lebanon War was propagandized to demonize Israel and the Intifada began. Also, the occupation of the Palestinian territories was only a response to the missile and suicide attacks, and even now the two major political parties of Palestine, Hamas and Fatah, are causing more deaths in Palestine then was ever caused by Israel.

Also, if you actually believe that the UN has any merit, watch this:

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black September happened after the war of 1967. It cannot justify what happened in 1948.

Tell me, why would people who lived in Palestine for hundreds of years suddenly leave? It is a fact that many massacres were perpetrated against the Palestinians. They were forced out, either by compulsion or fear.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...inian_conflict).

Unfortunately, much of this is covered up because of America's support of Israel, billions of dollars of weapondry and cash has been sent to them every year, more than any other country.(http://www.rense.com/general41/trill.htm)

The UN has merit, Israel has violated the Geneva conventions in many different areas. We just never hear about it.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such as the clause that you cannot abridge an occupied territories right of free movement. Israel controls that with many checkpoints.

From http://www.refugeesinternational.org...le/detail/848/
    Under the Geneva Convention (IV) Relative to the Protection of Civilians Persons in Time of War, Israel is responsible using all the means at its disposal to meet the basic food, health, and education needs of the Palestinian civilian population.
    I don't see that happening.

something else:

Collective punishment is a common Israeli response to Palestinian attacks against Israeli civilians and military personnel, as recently when the military demolished 177 homes in the Rafah refugee camp between March 1 and March 4 2003. The UN Humanitarian Plan of Action for 2003 reports that, “Israeli authorities have acknowledged that denying access to the basic necessities for survival, such as water and medicine, cannot be justified on security grounds.” Yet this practice continues to the detriment of Palestinian civilians throughout the OPT.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black September happened after the war of 1967. It cannot justify what happened in 1948.

Tell me, why would people who lived in Palestine for hundreds of years suddenly leave? It is a fact that many massacres were perpetrated against the Palestinians. They were forced out, either by compulsion or fear.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...inian_conflict).

Unfortunately, much of this is covered up because of America's support of Israel, billions of dollars of weapondry and cash has been sent to them every year, more than any other country.(http://www.rense.com/general41/trill.htm)

The UN has merit, Israel has violated the Geneva conventions in many different areas. We just never hear about it.
    That is a load of shit...the only reason you have even heard of this is because it is the only thing ever discussed at the UN. Did you watch the video? Did you happen to watch the UN proceedings on 9/10/01? The title of that meeting was "Zionism as Racism", and it was the only thing discussed despite every other global problem, the day before we were attacked. The only question now is, who can you blame when the Palestinians are killing themselves? BTW, that list doesn't say how and why those massacres occurred, but people die in war and Israel certainly wasn't the aggressor. And check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Hebron_massacre
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938_Tiberias_massacre

Such as the clause that you cannot abridge an occupied territories right of free movement. Israel controls that with many checkpoints.

From http://www.refugeesinternational.org...le/detail/848/
    I don't see that happening.

something else:
    Right, like we don't have security checkpoints in Iraq, to protect American citizens. And terrorism isn't collective punishment.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those massacres of jewish settlers are very sad, I agree. I am in no way condoning that. You VI as jewish btw. That's cool

But the fact is, very few jews were around before WWII 11&#37; in 1922 and maybe before WWII 33%, and then Hershel and his cronies's vison of a jewish state were realized. The horrible Holocaust happened. All the displaced jews were sent to Israel when they stole the land. 73% of the land, 37% of the people. Not sure about the exact statistics, but it is very uneven.

Right, like we don't have security checkpoints in Iraq, to protect American citizens. And terrorism isn't collective punishment.
    That is another issue entirely, the Iraq debacle.

forget this, this will never go anywhere online.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those massacres of jewish settlers are very sad, I agree. I am in no way condoning that. You VI as jewish btw. That's cool

But the fact is, very few jews were around before WWII 11% in 1922 and maybe before WWII 33%, and then Hershel and his cronies's vison of a jewish state were realized. The horrible Holocaust happened. All the displaced jews were sent to Israel when they stole the land. 73% of the land, 37% of the people. Not sure about the exact statistics, but it is very uneven.

That is another issue entirely, the Iraq debacle.

forget this, this will never go anywhere online.
    Actually emigration to Israel began in the 1880s and land was not stolen: in fact, most of Israel was a desert, then, and it was the immigrants that made most of it habitable.