Thread: Si - dominant or valued??

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si - dominant or valued??

I really don't know if my Si is dominant or dual-seeking, so I want to know who relates to this and who doesn't. I would especially like to hear from Ne-dominants and Si-dominants.

I have to be comfortable clothing-wise. Pain should not be borne for beauty's sake IMO. I don't care how good a dress may look on me - if it's uncomfortable I know it's going to ruin my whole night so I won't wear it. I hate being aware of physical discomfort. It distracts my brain. In a perfect state, I would be completely unaware of physical sensations when I’m conversing with someone or when I’m thinking. I just want to be completely attune with the person’s thoughts and feelings, and my body’s sensations sort of destroy that for me. They bring me back down to earth when I don’t want to be. I guess I just want to be completely focused on understanding and processing what the other person is saying, and what they're about.

I have to move around a lot when talking and explaining myself. It helps me express myself. Having to stand or sit perfectly still while talking would be an effective form of torture for me - and makes me speak too softly and incoherently. People can think I’m uncomfortable because I’m constantly changing positions when I’m sitting, but really I just have to move for my sanity’s sake no matter how technically physical comfortable I may be. If I have to sit or stand still, I’m playing with something in my hands or jiggling my leg up and down. I never sit down at bustops.

Doing something physical can make me feel on top of the world when nothing else can. Especially mastering some physical activity. Some technically hard passage on the piano. Making it to the top of a climbing wall. Playing soccer or football. I’m pretty competitive when it comes to those sort of things. I don’t show it, but I have the desire to be the best when I’m involved in a physical activity. I like being aware of what muscles I’m using and stuff like that. Those sort of topics fascinate me.

I usually walk pretty fast. I have to pass people and sometimes feel a compulsion to keep up my pace, so I can get annoyed when people slow me up. If I’m thinking about something that excites me, I walk faster. When I’m alternately walking and running, you know I’m in a great mood. I rarely amble along – usually only when I’m depressed or really tired. Lazy shopping excursions where everyone’s wandering around desultorily are not pleasurable experiences for me. Though If I'm talking animatedly while walking, or listening hard, then I can slow right down to a turtle's pace.

I’ve always been pretty good at taking foul-tasting medicines and stuff like that. I don’t see what the big deal is. I just tell myself not to pay attention to the taste, and I’m fine. (Within reason. Epson salts make me shudder.) Sometimes I don’t notice immediately if something’s off. I was drinking some milk the other day and I had to drink a few mouthfuls before I decided that it was bad. It didn’t really bother me. But I can be adverse to certain textures - the taste doesn’t bother me, but the texture can make me sick.

People standing really close to me make me nervous and befuddle my brain. In a good or a bad way. All I can think about is the person's proximity. If the person’s someone I dislike, it is especially uncomfortable. I like my personal space and the freedom to move around to express myself.

So - who relates? Does this sound more like dominant Si or dual-seeking Si????
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, Jem, I don't know what that is exactly, but everything there is true of me too, like to a T. Well, except the competitiveness for me is more of an 'against myself' than worrying about others. I just try to get better each time. Anyway, yeah, I don't know how to characterize that socionically. Sorry I can't be more help!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like the SEIs I know.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Um, Jem, I don't know what that is exactly, but everything there is true of me too, like to a T. Well, except the competitiveness for me is more of an 'against myself' than worrying about others. I just try to get better each time. Anyway, yeah, I don't know how to characterize that socionically. Sorry I can't be more help!
    and what type are you?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    You sound like the SEIs I know.
    Seriously?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    (Within reason. Epson salts make me shudder.)
    this is an odd thing to follow "within reason" with. To me this points to a developed taste, something I associate with Si/Ne quadra. It's a particular something that is individual to you.

In general I find Ne people are able to suppress hunger or bodily needs more than Si dominants. Overall, what you've written seems more Si than Ne. It could go both ways. But the way you've written about it seems like an Si type or else an ethical type (ie, ENFp).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously?
    Especially the proximity thing, the physical activity and the comfort>fashion.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and what type are you?
    Good question. I'm kind of wandering freely along the open plains of the socion awaiting sudden enlightenment. EII probably?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question. I'm kind of wandering freely along the open plains of the socion awaiting sudden enlightenment. EII probably?
    Hey, I'm also wandering on those open plains you speak of! Perhaps we could meet up somewhere? :-P

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I'm also wandering on those open plains you speak of! Perhaps we could meet up somewhere? :-P
    Well, I hope wherever it is they serve ice cream.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    this is an odd thing to follow "within reason" with. To me this points to a developed taste, something I associate with Si/Ne quadra. It's a particular something that is individual to you.
    Have you ever tried Epson salts? Men cry like babies at the thought of it. (o: It's not so much the taste as the fact that I can't help but shudder when I drink them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know if my Si is dominant or dual-seeking, so I want to know who relates to this and who doesn't. I would especially like to hear from Ne-dominants and Si-dominants.

I have to be comfortable clothing-wise. Pain should not be borne for beauty's sake IMO. I don't care how good a dress may look on me - if it's uncomfortable I know it's going to ruin my whole night so I won't wear it. I hate being aware of physical discomfort. It distracts my brain. In a perfect state, I would be completely unaware of physical sensations when I’m conversing with someone or when I’m thinking.
    I relate to this. You are an INTp. Case closed.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Oh thankyou!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    You're funny, Phaedrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to be comfortable clothing-wise. Pain should not be borne for beauty's sake IMO. I don't care how good a dress may look on me - if it's uncomfortable I know it's going to ruin my whole night so I won't wear it. I hate being aware of physical discomfort. It distracts my brain. In a perfect state, I would be completely unaware of physical sensations when I’m conversing with someone or when I’m thinking.
    If what I am wearing is uncomfortable, it is usually because I arranged my clothes in a way that I think accents my individuality. As the French say, you gotta struggle to be hot.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jem, most of these things aren't too indicative of strong or weak Si. Think more general: do you have trouble staying in balance? Can you usually figure out why or why not you're uncomfortable, and resolve it yourself?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Jem, most of these things aren't too indicative of strong or weak Si. Think more general: do you have trouble staying in balance? Can you usually figure out why or why not you're uncomfortable, and resolve it yourself?
    What if you know exactly why you're uncomfortable but want(/need) and basically "prefer" others to take care of it?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by 'staying in balance'? Yeah, I guess I'm pretty good at knowing why I'm uncomfortable, but is that very telling? That would be pretty easy for anyone to work out - using a process of elimination if nothing else.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    What if you know exactly why you're uncomfortable but want(/need) and basically "prefer" others to take care of it?
    Then probably weak Si.

What do you mean by 'staying in balance'?
    Like just generally staying calm and not getting too worked up about things that don't matter.

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty good at knowing why I'm uncomfortable, but is that very telling? That would be pretty easy for anyone to work out - using a process of elimination if nothing else.
    ok, but the second part is more important.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    THAT'S Si? Crap, I must be ENTj.
    Um, maybe that's not a good way of saying it...it's probably more applicable to Si subtypes.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like, Ne types (especially Ne leading) are always a bit internally restless and on-the-go, because there is always something new catching their interest. It's very hard to stay focused on enjoying whatever you're doing at the moment, to really experience it.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like just generally staying calm and not getting too worked up about things that don't matter.
    I guess if I got worked up about something, it would matter to me. (c: If there's something at stake, then I can't just 'be calm' for the sake of it. I'm calm when there's nothing to be worried about. Lol.
    ok, but the second part is more important.
    Yeah, I could resolve it myself, but it's nice when others do it for me if they're more competent at those things than me. I feel like I can relax then, because I can get a bit panicky if I think that I'm more competent at that stuff than the other person, and it's all up to me. Especially when it comes to making other people comfortable.
    Like, Ne types (especially Ne leading) are always a bit internally restless and on-the-go, because there is always something new catching their interest. It's very hard to stay focused on enjoying whatever you're doing at the moment, to really experience it.
    I relate to being internally restless. I'm usually looking forward to things more than enjoying things as I do them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THAT'S ME TO A T.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana our savior.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to be comfortable clothing-wise. Pain should not be borne for beauty's sake IMO. I don't care how good a dress may look on me - if it's uncomfortable I know it's going to ruin my whole night so I won't wear it. I hate being aware of physical discomfort. It distracts my brain. In a perfect state, I would be completely unaware of physical sensations when I’m conversing with someone or when I’m thinking. I just want to be completely attune with the person’s thoughts and feelings, and my body’s sensations sort of destroy that for me. They bring me back down to earth when I don’t want to be. I guess I just want to be completely focused on understanding and processing what the other person is saying, and what they're about.
    I relate completely to that.

I have to move around a lot when talking and explaining myself. It helps me express myself. Having to stand or sit perfectly still while talking would be an effective form of torture for me - and makes me speak too softly and incoherently. People can think I’m uncomfortable because I’m constantly changing positions when I’m sitting, but really I just have to move for my sanity’s sake no matter how technically physical comfortable I may be. If I have to sit or stand still, I’m playing with something in my hands or jiggling my leg up and down. I never sit down at bustops.
    don't really relate to this, maybe slightly, I can be restless, but I can also rest when I feel comfortable

Doing something physical can make me feel on top of the world when nothing else can. Especially mastering some physical activity. Some technically hard passage on the piano. Making it to the top of a climbing wall. Playing soccer or football. I’m pretty competitive when it comes to those sort of things. I don’t show it, but I have the desire to be the best when I’m involved in a physical activity. I like being aware of what muscles I’m using and stuff like that. Those sort of topics fascinate me.
    I relate somewhat to this, but not the competitiveness or the desire to be the best. I love atheletic/aerobic activity. Also I like the grittiness thats sometimes involved in playing the guitar (in the hand that frets the strings). I also love drumming because of the physical exertion. But I'm a bit uncoordinate, I can go overboard and start tensing up or making movements that aren't very precise.

I usually walk pretty fast. I have to pass people and sometimes feel a compulsion to keep up my pace, so I can get annoyed when people slow me up. If I’m thinking about something that excites me, I walk faster. When I’m alternately walking and running, you know I’m in a great mood. I rarely amble along – usually only when I’m depressed or really tired. Lazy shopping excursions where everyone’s wandering around desultorily are not pleasurable experiences for me. Though If I'm talking animatedly while walking, or listening hard, then I can slow right down to a turtle's pace.
    similar to me

I’ve always been pretty good at taking foul-tasting medicines and stuff like that. I don’t see what the big deal is. I just tell myself not to pay attention to the taste, and I’m fine. (Within reason. Epson salts make me shudder.) Sometimes I don’t notice immediately if something’s off. I was drinking some milk the other day and I had to drink a few mouthfuls before I decided that it was bad. It didn’t really bother me. But I can be adverse to certain textures - the taste doesn’t bother me, but the texture can make me sick.
    hmmm I'm like that now, but I think I might have been a bit fussier when I was younger.

People standing really close to me make me nervous and befuddle my brain. In a good or a bad way. All I can think about is the person's proximity. If the person’s someone I dislike, it is especially uncomfortable. I like my personal space and the freedom to move around to express myself.
    I think most people might relate to this... I don't really feel a need to have space so I can move around and be physically expressive, but just you know, to keep a bubble around me for myself

That probably wasn't helpful, considering what thehotelambush said, and also because when I first came to this forum a couple of people typed me as SLI, and others as IEI/ILI, though right now I'm fairly certain about EII. good luck on your search

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: Ok, maybe just maybe I've lost my proper perspective on things lately.

I really need to stop devoting this kind of energy to figuring it out, since I'm getting nowhere. I did find out for sure that my roommate is SLI these last couple nights. It's so damn odd to have a feel for others and be confused about myself.
    Last edited by munenori2; 07-02-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Esper, I had that same problem for a bit, personally the EII ego fits me perfectly. I'm just not rational and I am def strong in Fe.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: Ok, maybe just maybe I've lost my proper perspective on things lately.

I really need to stop devoting this kind of energy to figuring it out, since I'm getting nowhere. I did find out for sure that my roommate is SLI these last couple nights. It's so damn odd to have a feel for others and be confused about myself.
    Did you ever think you knew your type for sure?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jem, the lady in your avatar scares the crap outta me....seriously. Always givin me the evil eye.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jem, the lady in your avatar scares the crap outta me....seriously. Always givin me the evil eye.
    Maybe you're doing something you shouldn't be doing if you feel like she disapproves. Anything you want to tell us? Eh?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you're doing something you shouldn't be doing if you feel like she disapproves. Anything you want to tell us? Eh?

I feel the disapproval of others keenly. She looks at me as if she thinks I'm horribly disorganized (which is true) and scatterbrained (which is also true).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you ever think you knew your type for sure?
    Well, EII was the first type I read and it seemed to fit me pretty well, but there've always been pieces of the puzzle that I couldn't quite place. When I first arrived I was much more certain (never positive), yes, but I didn't understand enough then to make sense of the vague doubts in the back of my mind. Not that I'm completely capable of that now, it's just more readily apparent to me these days.

Edit: One of the main reasons I thought it worked was b/c I came from MBTI and I regularly tested INFx, so I just figured it would have to be one of those types in socionics.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the disapproval of others keenly. She looks at me as if she thinks I'm horribly disorganized (which is true) and scatterbrained (which is also true).
    Well, there you go. That's why she looks disapproving to you. I'm sure others see her as a very pleasant-looking individual.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, EII was the first type I read and it seemed to fit me pretty well, but there've always been pieces of the puzzle that I couldn't quite place. When I first arrived I was much more certain (never positive), yes, but I didn't understand enough then to make sense of the vague doubts in the back of my mind. Not that I'm completely capable of that now, it's just more readily apparent to me these days.

Edit: One of the main reasons I thought it worked was b/c I came from MBTI and I regularly tested INFx, so I just figured it would have to be one of those types in socionics.
    I get the impression that you and BG are the same type, but I don't know what that is. lol How's that for helpful?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression that you and BG are the same type, but I don't know what that is. lol How's that for helpful?
    Thanks for the compliment! I tend to agree.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say, I felt a little bit sick to my stomach reading that description also....
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this personality the one most likely to: be daddy's little girl or momma's boy far into adulthood; be financially struggling at middle-age; have multiple marriages and divorces; have addictions to drugs or alcohol; and be the ones who abandon their children, physically, emotionally, and financially?
    Hey, it's me!

Seriously, I always have to laugh at these parts of personality descriptions.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Jem, when I see the woman in your avatar, I always wonder if she's wearing a hairpiece. I mean, such a stark hairline, a perfectly straight contrasting line....it's not natural. I want to rip it off.
    Do so at your peril.

Loki, I relate to some of that, but not a lot of it. Esp the stuff about reacting physically to things.
    They filter life through their physical dimension and bodily react before their intellectual and emotional dimensions have opportunity to get involved.
    If I react physically without thinking, I usually do the wrong thing. lol I have to think first, then react when it comes to physical stuff. If I don't, the consequences are usually dire.

Um, yeah - pollyanna style is not me. And "people who need people" aren't that lucky imo. They're needy. :-P
    The first is to stop running when it hurts. Instead, start digging. Go deep, then deeper.
    I start digging before it even starts hurting. Lol
    If for some it is true, "I am what I think," for Scintillators it is usually, "I am what you think I am." Like children, they do not separate self from issues. For them, confrontation is a one-way ticket destined for rejection; tantamount to throwing the baby out with the bath water. Leaving is not cowardice; its self-preservation. When they do return to the "scene of their crime," they fully expect to first meet rejection, then abandonment. For people-pleasing dependents, abandonment is the greatest fear of all. Scintillators tend to leave before that shoe can drop.
    I couldn't disagree more with "I am what you think I am". If the person has the wrong idea of me, then I will do my best to enlighten them. I'm not going to feel bad about being something that only exists in the person's imagination. Abandonment is not something I fear. If I care to put the effort into making the relationship work, it usually does. If I don't think it's worth it, then I'll let it go and may be glad that something happened to make it easier for me to leave. Even if things do go bad when I don't want them to, there's always something in the back of my mind telling me that if I really wanted to, I could get things back on track. I'm not saying that's always true, but it's just the way I feel.
    With all their God-given gifts, such as intellect; physical attractiveness...
    Now we're talking. :-P
    Regardless of age, Scintillators are characteristically the fidgeters and squirmers among us. The ones who work and worry chairs with incessant tap, shuffle, scratch and shift. Being regularly reprimanded for restless behaviour and distracting animation is common for Scintillator children.
    I relate to this
    When unable to charismatically influence they may seek alternate means of maintaining their good-feeling high. Medicine cabinets of Scintillators tend to be well-stocked with pharmacological fixes. If Scintillators use tobacco, they will have their first cigarette shortly after feet hit the floor after waking. Chocoholics, or those "sweet-tooths" among us, often are dominant Scintillator in the working or emoting realms of their Profile.
    I can be ddicted to things and not aware of it. Like I'll stop drinking coffee for a few days for whatever reason and just generally start feeling bad, but my body doesn't tell me that it wants caffiene; I just know I'm feeling bad and don't know why until it occurs to me to make the connection.
    Scintillators filter everything, first, through their tuning-fork-sensitive physical body. They feel first, react, and only later review the emotional and intellectual consequences.
    I marvel when I feel my body's telling me the same thing that I'm thinking or feeling. It's something I stop and wonder at when I become aware of it. I would never react based purely on a physical sensation without first thinking it out. That would be like flying blind to me.

Sorry this sounds so negative, but I'm just highlighting the stuff that I disagree with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its interesting cos some people think of BG as the stereotypical ISFp, while others ("the others"? ) are set on him being an INFj-Ne.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast