Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Settling in to my personality type (INTj)

  1. #1
    Creepy-

    Default Settling in to my personality type (INTj)

    Some of you may be aware of my thread in "what's my type". The point of this one is a result of my curiosity, in wondering what the response to my post will be, though I have no specidic question or trouble.

    Basically... I've gone through a period of searching out the many different facets of my personality. I know I am not one dimensional, and no one else truly is, either, in my opinion. (though there is room for variation in that regard). However... I am at last feeling a great pull in one direction, the direction of an INTj. It is not totally foreign to me, as nearly all of my tests results have been INTj throughout the majority of my life. But, remembering past instances... I am really noticing the differences.

    ........

    I will not limit myself to seeing things as only an INTj would, but I really think I have finally found a homebase.

    Heh, I suppose I have no questions, and this is more of an announcement. But comments are welcome.

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Settling in to my personality type (INTj)
    haven't you had your whole life to do that?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, Joy, being an INTj is like a way of life. Can't explain it, but when I found out more and more about what I was supposed to be, I started to see it in myself. I felt minor shift in my personality.

    For example... I'm supposed to be obsessed with my body and physical stuff. I eat whatever I want and I don't even exercise. But when I view it from another aspect, I have been regularly going to the dentist for the last 3 years. I had braces and surgery and other surgery... No one in their right minds would go through all that trouble unless they had an obsession about it. When I thought about it, I realized that this is a very INTj way to live my life. So in a way, I see more and more of an INTj in me...
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    No, Joy, being an INTj is like a way of life. Can't explain it, but when I found out more and more about what I was supposed to be, I started to see it in myself. I felt minor shift in my personality.

    For example... I'm supposed to be obsessed with my body and physical stuff. I eat whatever I want and I don't even exercise. But when I view it from another aspect, I have been regularly going to the dentist for the last 3 years. I had braces and surgery and other surgery... No one in their right minds would go through all that trouble unless they had an obsession about it. When I thought about it, I realized that this is a very INTj way to live my life. So in a way, I see more and more of an INTj in me...
    Yes! At times, you need the input that a type description can give you to realize better who you are.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

  6. #6
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Settling in to my personality type (INTj)
    haven't you had your whole life to do that?
    I do not think one can really understand oneself completely within only so many years of existance (I'm 18). I suppose people say it is common to 'know yourself' the whole way, but...... unless you really experiement with things, I don't think it is much of a 'knowledge' to have achieved. (I am reminded of a Kant quite about knowledge and experience...)




    ......I've been testing out different modes of living, and pushing my personality to the envelope for the last few years. All roads have lead me 'here'. I don't follow all the rules of an INTj, and don't ever really believe I will fit perfectly into one catagory. Never really have. However, as I really pay more attaention to how interact with others, and how I think, I really see the INTjness in my ways.

    But I do not seek to live life through a predetermined mode of existing. As part of realizing who I am, though, discerning my 'personality type', it has helped. I see the tendancies in myself, and I notice myself acting in the ways that I have read. This, however, is infinitely different from emulating a personality type or character. I have done both, and I know the difference.

  7. #7
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    No, Joy, being an INTj is like a way of life. Can't explain it, but when I found out more and more about what I was supposed to be, I started to see it in myself. I felt minor shift in my personality.

    For example... I'm supposed to be obsessed with my body and physical stuff. I eat whatever I want and I don't even exercise. But when I view it from another aspect, I have been regularly going to the dentist for the last 3 years. I had braces and surgery and other surgery... No one in their right minds would go through all that trouble unless they had an obsession about it. When I thought about it, I realized that this is a very INTj way to live my life. So in a way, I see more and more of an INTj in me...
    Yes! At times, you need the input that a type description can give you to realize better who you are.

    especially so for me, because for a while a part of my life was switching between different roles for many different sitautions. Finally bringing all of myself together, I realize that I am an "INTj". But that's just the starting point. Or homebase. ......... perahaps this explanation: I can be many different things, but they are all manifestation s of the INTj personality type, essentially. The essense of the psyche that is "INTj", that is sort of the root of everything.

    However.... if any one person lives their whole life in direct accordance to any preset definition of their personalitytype or anything similar...... I really don't think they can say that they have lived very much at all. That would be perhaps too typical. Or maybe it's just the INTj in me that makes me say this.....

  8. #8
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowyc
    www.neo-tech.com

    This looks possibly interesting, which believe it or not is a huge compliment in my world.

    I will check it out tomorrow, when I have the proper situation to do so.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    especially so for me, because for a while a part of my life was switching between different roles for many different sitautions. Finally bringing all of myself together, I realize that I am an "INTj". But that's just the starting point. Or homebase. ......... perahaps this explanation: I can be many different things, but they are all manifestation s of the INTj personality type, essentially. The essense of the psyche that is "INTj", that is sort of the root of everything.

    However.... if any one person lives their whole life in direct accordance to any preset definition of their personalitytype or anything similar...... I really don't think they can say that they have lived very much at all. That would be perhaps too typical. Or maybe it's just the INTj in me that makes me say this.....
    An INTJ finds himself at odds within himself when he asks himself "what if everybody did everything in the best way possible all the time? Is this not what I desire, but is this a loss of something else?" You yourself are expressing several harmonic/cross-SI traits in that paragraph. The prerogative of a harmonic personality is to be at peace with the patterns of reality that surround them. I don't think an INTJ would consciously change themselves so, except to perhaps emulate a character in service to their own internal world, or to amuse others. (barring archetypical transcention, and you're several years away yet from even the first of those.) They wouldn't do so even as a matter of survival, because to the INTJ such an act would seem contrary to their all-important self-identity.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit

  11. #11
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    (barring archetypical transcention, and you're several years away yet from even the first of those.)

    I am not familiar with this. What is it? or if you were to post a link, perhaps

  12. #12
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now that I'm at college........


    Yeah, I'm very confident about being an INTj. Orientation today proved it. I have my confidence, I'm just introverted and don't like to be social in that BS kind of way that takes place when there are so many people in the same room, etc etc etc.

    I planned everything.
    EVERYTHING
    And I'm still planning, and researching for my next day, what to do, when, how, what way is best, who to talk to, when, who can direct me, who cannot, etc, etc. I was pimping out the RAs for info on what we were doing every evening, and this weekend, just so I could make decisions. A lot of the "ballsy" aspect of me comes from the sheer quest for information when it comes to making decision.


    ========


    I would like to address self actualization, and solitude, here.
    HOwever, if the self actualization doesn't take off, then I will start a new thread about it in the more general areas...

    First, solitude. The reason for most of my sporadic postings at me initial arrival to this forum..... was due to a few things. Being in complete solitude was one thing, which brings out my quirkyness and oddball mentality. Secondly, I was bored, and had nothing to really focus my self on, unlike now. Honestly, I wasn't in the real world. I was in a stasis pod, for a few months, and........ now I'm finally out. But I've been refining and meditating, sort of, and now I reap those benefits

    I'm liking college a lot.

    I will be able to put my many talents to good use, and can even convert "jobs/programs" into "being social", which the school pushes ( I like their high standards). I'm not much one for "being social" and "being really nice" andall that....



    ========

    Self actualization.


    We went over Maslow's (sp?) self actualization in some classes, and, I think, especially in that solitude period I was mentioning, I was being my top, self actulized self, but perhaps too much. I had gotten to the top, and then began to crumble, I believe, because the top level personality traits were not supported but the foundations, and I believe this is why I ... appeared very odd. Sporadic would be a better term.

    But now that I am here, I feel more on the same page. I wonder, though, how the other students, coming back from break, will affect things.

    Regardless.....
    I am very confident about being able to maximise my potential in this environment.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  13. #13
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have some "INTj" moments sometimes.......

    anyone else have those, where you really just..... feel it?
    Stronger than usual?


    NOt feel as in "feel" or "sense"... but the intuition, and the rationality that follows through the thought process..... and the reasoning is completed, or at least accurate.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Note: I think I also had a "humerous / exceedingly ungraceful moment" ....... when I was looking at the campus map so intently that I stepped off into a ditch, whiched encouraged the laughter of the few people around me at the time.

    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    westfield, nj usa
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I have some "INTj" moments sometimes.......

    anyone else have those, where you really just..... feel it?
    Stronger than usual?


    NOt feel as in "feel" or "sense"... but the intuition, and the rationality that follows through the thought process..... and the reasoning is completed, or at least accurate.
    yeah, it's the passing fleeting moment, when you suddenly figure everything out. you know it in your head you can feel the calming rush - but don't know what the answer is. it's like knowing what the answer of the universe is (still not sure what the question was) - but not hearing the answer, just knowing it.

    where everything becomes totally clear, and you can do without thinking, simply because you know. kind of like matrix when neo could do what he could do without doubting himself.

    it's a state where you can control your subconscience, and do what you know, answer what you thought you didn't know and get it totally correct. but not be able to explain why you know what you know. of course people doubt this ability - it often manifests itself in predictions. i've made dozens, but no one believes them - and when they happen, they don't remember who made the prediction.

    right now i have to simply learn to trust my intuition - it's usually correct...

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I have some "INTj" moments sometimes.......

    anyone else have those, where you really just..... feel it?
    Stronger than usual?


    NOt feel as in "feel" or "sense"... but the intuition, and the rationality that follows through the thought process..... and the reasoning is completed, or at least accurate.
    yeah, it's the passing fleeting moment, when you suddenly figure everything out. you know it in your head you can feel the calming rush - but don't know what the answer is. it's like knowing what the answer of the universe is (still not sure what the question was) - but not hearing the answer, just knowing it.

    where everything becomes totally clear, and you can do without thinking, simply because you know. kind of like matrix when neo could do what he could do without doubting himself.

    it's a state where you can control your subconscience, and do what you know, answer what you thought you didn't know and get it totally correct. but not be able to explain why you know what you know. of course people doubt this ability - it often manifests itself in predictions. i've made dozens, but no one believes them - and when they happen, they don't remember who made the prediction.

    right now i have to simply learn to trust my intuition - it's usually correct...
    sounds very Ni. i get this sometimes, but rarely. and it doesn't feel like i have control over it. when i get that 'prescient' feeling, it's more like it's controlling me, overriding my normal mode. it bothers me, because i can't work out the why and how of the 'knowing'. from experience i know that when it happens, it's usually right and i've learned to go with it. but usually isn't always, and that always makes it hard for me to trust it without any doubts - especially if it's about something that's important. it's not like my Ne - i use that without questions, with great certainty. i get great Ne moments - 'in the zone' for an INTj so to speak - and i never question my reactions in those moments.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    westfield, nj usa
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I have some "INTj" moments sometimes.......

    anyone else have those, where you really just..... feel it?
    Stronger than usual?


    NOt feel as in "feel" or "sense"... but the intuition, and the rationality that follows through the thought process..... and the reasoning is completed, or at least accurate.
    yeah, it's the passing fleeting moment, when you suddenly figure everything out. you know it in your head you can feel the calming rush - but don't know what the answer is. it's like knowing what the answer of the universe is (still not sure what the question was) - but not hearing the answer, just knowing it.

    where everything becomes totally clear, and you can do without thinking, simply because you know. kind of like matrix when neo could do what he could do without doubting himself.

    it's a state where you can control your subconscience, and do what you know, answer what you thought you didn't know and get it totally correct. but not be able to explain why you know what you know. of course people doubt this ability - it often manifests itself in predictions. i've made dozens, but no one believes them - and when they happen, they don't remember who made the prediction.

    right now i have to simply learn to trust my intuition - it's usually correct...
    sounds very Ni. i get this sometimes, but rarely. and it doesn't feel like i have control over it. when i get that 'prescient' feeling, it's more like it's controlling me, overriding my normal mode. it bothers me, because i can't work out the why and how of the 'knowing'. from experience i know that when it happens, it's usually right and i've learned to go with it. but usually isn't always, and that always makes it hard for me to trust it without any doubts - especially if it's about something that's important. it's not like my Ne - i use that without questions, with great certainty. i get great Ne moments - 'in the zone' for an INTj so to speak - and i never question my reactions in those moments.
    the feeling is kind of like being the old chinese man with the long beard. he knows stuff in a comfortable way. can explain things in uncertain ways. he's seen as odd but wise. but otherwise difficult to explain.


    the feeling might be closer related to the upper stream of conscience theory - where there is a stream of thought, everyone's thought, where some can tap into...

  18. #18
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ sure, I can see that as being possible

    I have often written about being able to transcend barriers and such. (in the present day)

    (in the past)I remember somethin gof this sort at a very early age, where I would actually concentrate on a person (who was not aware of me), and I'd focus so intently that I'd feel like I was seeing what that person was seeing, and feeling what they were feeling.

    I did it when people were working on projectsin school, so that way it was easy to tell what they were focusing on...
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #19
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that, and moving through the halls, when everyone was in motion at the same time....... I have memories of this, experiences, that I really cannot put into words just yet
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  20. #20
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An ISFp friend once told me that he felt like he was a blood cell in someone's vein when he walked down the hall to classes.

    He was also a wicked big stoner.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  21. #21
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    An ISFp friend once told me that he felt like he was a blood cell in someone's vein when he walked down the hall to classes.

    He was also a wicked big stoner.


    ............. yeah...........


    It is a great dissapointment to me that I cannot honestly state that I shared a similar feeling or experience.

    .................................
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  22. #22
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They say that Thomas Jefferson was an INTj?


    Yeah, when they showed a biographical video of him a few years back in HS....... I felt a really strange connection to TJ
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Europe (somewhere)
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    right now i have to simply learn to trust my intuition - it's usually correct...
    Imagine if we all learned to trust _each others_ intuition.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    the feeling is kind of like being the old chinese man with the long beard. he knows stuff in a comfortable way. can explain things in uncertain ways. he's seen as odd but wise. but otherwise difficult to explain.
    Speaking of old Chinese man. I'm not Chinese, no beard, but I have had numerous occasions where people seem to bow before me or seem to show some kind of deep respect. I know it can simply be based on a flawed understanding. An ENFP woman once told me about me radiating feelings of ancient wisdom. By now I'm beginning to think that it must be simply crap. Reading your Chinese remark, I guess this 'wisdom' thing is relatively typical for some INTJ's where sometimes people naturally display a very profound respect and very trusting relating towards me. But it's only when I feel good and at ease, which lately I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I do not think one can really understand oneself completely within only so many years of existance (I'm 18).
    I think any branch of creation in the universe would only be able to understand itself completely if all previous creation before it would have matured into a universal consciousness or whatever. I think we can only learn from experience and so does creation itself.
    Logical-Intuitive Extravert (ENTj)
    TeNi

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal
    Speaking of old Chinese man. I'm not Chinese, no beard, but I have had numerous occasions where people seem to bow before me or seem to show some kind of deep respect. I know it can simply be based on a flawed understanding. An ENFP woman once told me about me radiating feelings of ancient wisdom. By now I'm beginning to think that it must be simply crap. Reading your Chinese remark, I guess this 'wisdom' thing is relatively typical for some INTJ's where sometimes people naturally display a very profound respect and very trusting relating towards me. But it's only when I feel good and at ease, which lately I don't.
    yech - for some reason, though i never become popular anywhere, i always end up being looked up to wherever i go. i seriously don't get it. i mean, people up to 10 years older or more ask me for advice. i wonder what it is that they see (or think they see)?

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    westfield, nj usa
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    Quote Originally Posted by universal
    Speaking of old Chinese man. I'm not Chinese, no beard, but I have had numerous occasions where people seem to bow before me or seem to show some kind of deep respect. I know it can simply be based on a flawed understanding. An ENFP woman once told me about me radiating feelings of ancient wisdom. By now I'm beginning to think that it must be simply crap. Reading your Chinese remark, I guess this 'wisdom' thing is relatively typical for some INTJ's where sometimes people naturally display a very profound respect and very trusting relating towards me. But it's only when I feel good and at ease, which lately I don't.
    yech - for some reason, though i never become popular anywhere, i always end up being looked up to wherever i go. i seriously don't get it. i mean, people up to 10 years older or more ask me for advice. i wonder what it is that they see (or think they see)?
    confidence i think. people look at me and say that i'm special (or get special attention from others at work). or they say i'm smart, but i have no idea why.

    i guess the only thing i can assume is that i don't have the usual aura of cluelessness that so many other people seem to have an abundance of. where i can figure out the root of an idea instantly, and not wowed by "manager speak".

    beyond that though, it's hard to tell why people come to me...

  26. #26
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Probably for the same reason they go to INFjs: you're non-judgmental and easy to talk to.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  27. #27
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking back at this thread,
    it seems it takes about a year of study with experience to really know your type and what it means.

    I would say only now am I really 'settling into my type'
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •