View Poll Results: How has your life in general been since you began learning about Socionics?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely better

    14 31.11%
  • Maybe a little bit better

    18 40.00%
  • Maybe a little bit worse

    6 13.33%
  • Definitely worse

    5 11.11%
  • I don't really think about Socionics all that much, so this poll doesn't really apply to me.

    2 4.44%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 159

Thread: Has your overall condition improved or worsened since your learned about Socionics?

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Has your overall condition improved or worsened since your learned about Socionics?

    I'm particularly interested in responses from those who eat/sleep/breathe Socionics (you know who you are) and/or those who have been learning about Socionics for a little while now (say, six months). Particularly the former.

    To be clear, I'm not just talking about things that are directly related to Socionics.
    By "your overall condition" I mean your life and your mental/emotional state. Are you happier than you were before? How has your physical health been? Your social life? What about the events that have been occurring in your life? Are your circumstances any better? Or worse?

    Obviously this is a multifaceted question, but if you can give a very general answer based on your overall state of being, please do. It's an anonymous poll.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    up and down varyingly.

  3. #3
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've found that my closest relationships with friends and family have improved. After learning Socionics, I believe that I understand these ppl better, and thus am able to relate with them more effectively... So overall, better. Definitely.

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    there's no "my condition hasn't significantly changed either way" option
    Sure there is. The middle two.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  5. #5
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get laid twice the amount with a fourth of the effort.


    THANKS SOCIONICS.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it has improved.

  7. #7
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    r4tewtet
    Last edited by fox; 04-08-2009 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  8. #8
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I get laid twice the amount with a fourth of the effort.


    THANKS SOCIONICS.
    ahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  9. #9
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, my current state of affairs is a god-awful mess, but my self-awareness and conviction of character has definitely improved, which improves my all-important SEI "Truth, Beauty and Love Quotient".

    Yes.

    ZOMG SOMEONE BETTER PUT THAT IN QUOTABLE QUOTES OR I'LL BE IN A WORLD OF INTROVYRT STRYFE!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  10. #10
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,614
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's hard to say, I really can't remember specifically what my emotional state was like pre-socionics (2-3 years ago), but I tend to believe the only consistent effect on it has been because of things other than socionics - going to college, meeting new friends, intellectual challenges, etc. (notwithstanding what I wrote about this question here). However, the decision I made to consciously seek out these things was informed by socionics.

  11. #11
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    improved
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,630
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think more or less the same? I can't remember precisely my condition when I joined. However, I think it hasn't changed much since I was 13.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics has helped me understand things that previously baffled me, so my life has improved as far as that goes.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  14. #14
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have been on and off for two and a half years. In practical/material sense my life has improved (better education, better job, a cool SLE kid, better fitness, lost some weight). Overall mental and physical health hasn't improved or worsened much. Pretty ok but could always be better. I don't know if socionics has anything to do with all this though. I suspect not.

    At the same time I have aged 2.5 years and for some reason I actually feel older. I probably look older too. I feel more adult or something. I don't get inspired by same things as I did 2.5 years ago. And back then I kind of could still relate to what 18-20 year old people around here talk about. Kind of. Distantly but still. Now I feel like I have lost a lot of that ability. So I don't find this place as much fun anymore. Especially now that 80% of the talk is not really about socionics but about socializing and arguing/fighting. We would need more people aged 25+ and more socionics talk. More people I could relate with. There are some but not many. Some of them pretty young actually.

    I still don't know exactly what good is socionics but it is fun in the sense that it makes me analyze people and relationships I am faced with. I can kill boredom with it. And I suspect it somehow helps me tackle relationship problems which I otherwise couldn't tackle. Still the most important thing about socionics is not the practical applications but the psychological comfort of "understanding better" that it brings.

  15. #15
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've gotten mentally healthier, but not as a result of Socionics.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  16. #16
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I can say now without deceiving myself that life is pretty stinking good, and getting better.

  18. #18
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dunno really...on the one hand it's helped me understand myself and others better and also given me a general guide on who I'm likely to get on with in closer interactions (shocking as this may sound from an ILI (to those who can't get past stupid stereotypes anyway) , I can actually get on with most people in more casual situations). On the other hand, I'm fucking paranoid about Fe-egos (well, Fe-dominants more specfically) and how I act around them (moreso online oddly enough) so it's a mixed bag really. I've also got the tendency to prejudice people initially based on their type, which is something I try and stop myself from doing when I realise it. But I suppose if I'm doing that, it's because I already had the sort of mind to prejudice people (wittingly or not) rather than something Socionics itself has caused. I dunno, helps me socially I guess, which is always a good thing. Then again, at times instead of accepting others for being different, sometimes if I'm angry towards an individual I end up (in my own mind) having contempt for them being a given type instead. That's not to say I hate the entire type based on that individual, but...I dunno how to explain it, I'll probably do more harm than good trying to. Hell, I've probably already set myself up for someone to attack me just mentioning that I'm instinctively prejudiced but still.. I swear though, whenever I do post something that could possibly offend someone, anyone that might be offended by it suddenly gets some sort of homing beacon to suddenly rush to that thread and chastise me for my existence. It's like this episode of the n00b comic which is only funny if you understand what it parodies. Like any sort of satire really. meh.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  19. #19
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I've found that my closest relationships with friends and family have improved. After learning Socionics, I believe that I understand these ppl better, and thus am able to relate with them more effectively... So overall, better. Definitely.
    Same

  20. #20
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEE and ILE, even in their MBTI counterparts, are known as the "most open minded" of all types. So it's not a surprise to me that both types tend to believe socionics has greatly improved their lives. I don't think, however, that socionics has such a great effect on people and in those particular types, it's probably more about the inherent flexibility than the knowledge itself.

    My point is that I doubt people can really go beyond their type by themselves. I mean, it's difficult if not impossible to change the way you think, so even if you understand yourself and others, there is a big chance that you'll be unable to change anything.

    If socionics has a practical purpose, it is to filter the people you relate to. There it excells.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  21. #21
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    If socionics has a practical purpose, it is to filter the people you relate to. There it excells.
    Of course the problem is that you can do the filtering even without socionics. Actually it is easier to tell whether you relate to someone or not than it is to type them.

    Socionics just gives you an explanation of why you relate better to some people than to some others. Which is why I see the psychological comfort given by this understanding as the best gift of socionics. It is a theory. It helps you understand things but you can't do anything practical with it.

  22. #22
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,614
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    IEE and ILE, even in their MBTI counterparts, are known as the "most open minded" of all types. So it's not a surprise to me that both types tend to believe socionics has greatly improved their lives. I don't think, however, that socionics has such a great effect on people and in those particular types, it's probably more about the inherent flexibility than the knowledge itself.

    My point is that I doubt people can really go beyond their type by themselves. I mean, it's difficult if not impossible to change the way you think, so even if you understand yourself and others, there is a big chance that you'll be unable to change anything.

    If socionics has a practical purpose, it is to filter the people you relate to. There it excells.
    Yes, but the problem is that the filter is not always a good thing; it's really easy to overdo it. Of course you shouldn't be forming close relationships with your conflictors, but avoiding any interaction with them probably will do more harm than good.

  23. #23
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I guess we both must be INFps because we sometimes value closeness to individuals cuz that's not what REAL ILIs do. :rolls eyes: Gimme a friggin break.
    Hahaha...at least two people here have told me off the forum that they think I'm INFp. One of them because I'm "not as bitchy as all the other ILIs" that she knows, the other because of how emotionally sensitive I am. I won't say who they are, although they both know who they are . I find it quite funny really...then again that's because I like both individuals. OH NO I JUST OPENLY ADMITTED TO BEING ON FRIENDLY TERMS WITH TWO INDIVIDUALS :displayofethics: :mustbeinfp: :everyoneknowsthatlogicaltypesdon'thaveemotions:

    Seriously though, I'd imagine I'd get quite annoyed if lots of people tried to insist I was IEI though. I have considered it at times, usually based on really stupid reasoning, but too many things just don't make sense if I assume an IEI typing for myself. Not least of which are intertype relations (I think it makes much more sense to like your mirror and dislike your supervisor than vice versa for example, since that's how it often plays out for me IRL). That and various other reasons I've probably come up with in the past but can't think of right now. Heh, reminds me of a random slogan I thought up a short while back: "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrows indifferences!"
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  24. #24
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    better and worse... however i no sumone whose life has gotten much worse as a result of socionics
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  25. #25
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah, that's horrible.

    I wonder how Socionics can possibly make somebody's life bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  26. #26
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    My life is much better than it was when I joined this forum. It had much less to do with socionics than it did with developing some friendships, and awakening to acknowledge the fact that I was the proverbial frog being slowly boiled.

    I jumped out of the pot to land in the fire, hop-crawled out and have been slowly healing my burns while being periodically stabbed with a hot poker. I can say now without deceiving myself that life is pretty stinking good, and getting better. The poker is on it's way to being thrown in the fire and melted to a harmless puddle, my burns are well on their way to being healed, and a clear lake of cool water stretches before me. My life is turning into that of just another frog, with the minor regular difficulties involved in any life.

    The only part socionics itself played in that was to help me realize that there is a reason some people act so bizarre, and they think I'm just as weird.
    That's awesome to read. Hell yeah

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Same
    also awesome.
    Last edited by JuJu; 07-01-2008 at 07:56 AM.

  27. #27
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My ability to interpret relationships and understand why some of them fail and succeed has increased. I feel as though I have increased my ability to succeed in terms of having a functional and enjoyable relationship, and as such I am pleased.

    It isn't about what "type relationship" you have, but how people are dealing with the functional differences that is significant.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  28. #28
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think my understanding of myself has improved, even if that of others has declined somewhat. Overall it's been positive, since I don't put everyone else above myself like I used to. It's balanced things out a little better I think. Maybe with a greater understanding I'll grasp it all more firmly than I do now, which would be phenomenal.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  29. #29
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    better and worse... however i no sumone whose life has gotten much worse as a result of socionics
    Your most dearest INTp friend who you completely abandoned because you wanted to concentrate 100% on your socionics studies?

  30. #30
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    IEE and ILE, even in their MBTI counterparts, are known as the "most open minded" of all types. So it's not a surprise to me that both types tend to believe socionics has greatly improved their lives. I don't think, however, that socionics has such a great effect on people and in those particular types, it's probably more about the inherent flexibility than the knowledge itself.
    Mikemex, you realize--don't you--that those IEEs and ILEs who posted their "beliefs" in this thread, and whose beliefs you're dismissing ("probably," as you put it) almost certainly have better understandings of themselves and their own beliefs than you do..?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    My point is that I doubt people can really go beyond their type by themselves. I mean, it's difficult if not impossible to change the way you think, so even if you understand yourself and others, there is a big chance that you'll be unable to change anything. If socionics has a practical purpose, it is to filter the people you relate to.
    No personal offense meant, Mike--normally I would let a sleeping dog lie, so to speak--but essentially, but you're stating that several ppl's beliefs expressed here, including my own, are "probably" invalid... Don't you find this hubristic? Ill-conceived, at the very least?

    Peace, -Justin

  31. #31
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    better and worse... however i no sumone whose life has gotten much worse as a result of socionics
    are you talking about who I think you're talking about?

  32. #32
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    are you talking about who I think you're talking about?
    Am I missing something which I should know before I post? o_O

  33. #33
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think better.... although on the surface it probably seems like it's the same but only because knowledge = power = responsibility = inconvenience but in the long run I know that I'll definitely benefit from it and also it's not like I could have avoided learning about socionics, lol, my Ti Hidden Agenda is like a dirty little whore that always wants more
    INFp-Ni

  34. #34
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    are you talking about who I think you're talking about?
    yeah i blame aushra
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, my life certainly is not any worse. If anything, I am now aware of something that affects me where as before I did not have a clue.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  36. #36
    Twist-Tie Spider iAnnAu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxhell TN
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I get laid twice the amount with a fourth of the effort.


    THANKS SOCIONICS.
    And that is *exactly* what you should repeat to anyone who questions you being an SLI.

    I spose socionics has improved my life sumwat. I'm on a mission to lighten up; the theories help me feel less frustrated when my intertype relations seem askew - but telling jokes around here has obviously become my focus ...

    And mikemex, it's not impossible to change your thinking. It may be impossible to sustainably alter your information metabolism, but if you've got ideas that don't work well, it will always be in your favor to evolve them. So understanding that people are of different types doesn't equate to trying to "be" more like them - but it should include the willingness to accommodate their differentness. It sounds from your post like you don't think that awareness of differences would actually lead to that ability, but I think that in the best case scenario it does (and really, I'm about having social bonds with the least amount of maintenance and compromise, so maybe I got stuck on your point because I suspect myself of having a similar attitude to yours once upon a time...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

  37. #37
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    OH NO I JUST OPENLY ADMITTED TO BEING ON FRIENDLY TERMS WITH TWO INDIVIDUALS :displayofethics: :mustbeinfp: :everyoneknowsthatlogicaltypesdon'thaveemotions:
    Everyone knows that logical types are robots. Everyone knows that thinking types are destined for emotional destitution. You're INFp. Face it and be happy with your improved emotional lot.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  38. #38
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At first it got worse when I was subconsciously suppressing functions that did not fit with my type, but lately I've been able to switch between 'S and N' and 'F and T' much more easily and keep a separate attentiveness for each in my mind; though it seems my life is always getting better either way, as though all of my disappointments had a yield strength that applied pressure could overcome with time...

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    That's not to say I hate the entire type based on that individual
    That's probably your talking, rectification would involve not hating that individual deductively (as opposed to inductively not hating the type for ) based on the entire type (not that I'm implicating myself in this regard). The basis for this bias itself is probably holistically deep-rooted in your intuition, with your weaker T-function trying compensate logically (after all, being ILI-Ni you are an N-type's N-type).
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-05-2008 at 07:25 AM.

  39. #39
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "The more you perceive life through a mental screen of abstraction and conceptualization, the more lifeless and flat the world around you becomes." -Eckhart Tolle
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  40. #40
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree with that assertion. The world takes on many more nuances and dimensions when you are aware of the abstractions and conceptualizations that are in the world.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •