Thread: Vero's Enneagram Type

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vero's Enneagram Type

ok, bitches. I'm tired of mistypings, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Vero claims to be 7w8 so/sx, but I have problems seeing it (not the instinct stacking). so....

-she doesn't seem detached enough to be a 7. What I mean by detached is, 7's are constantly seeking external stimulation (in order to avoid being trapped by internal pain), so most experiences don't have any feeling invested in them because they are merely a diversion. As far as I can tell (and she can obviously contradict this with experience), she doesn't do that.

-7w8's are INTENSE. Not so much in the emotional sense (like an sx 4...lolz...explosive behavior....lol nvm) but in a sort of rock-hard way. Their will can seem indomitable and they are NOT afraid of conflict in the least bit (hence Ashton's typical attitude in stickam arguments). I see Vero as relatively averse to conflict, as she didn't seem to want to directly engage in one when I made a sarcastic comment about feminism, and her behavior in stickam seems to corroborate this.

-the so instinct leads one to seek external approval, yes, but 6's seek validation in order to establish an entire foundation to rest upon. She (and people will call this subjective bullshittery lol), like steve and eldanen, has this grounded energy about her; it's not flighty and scattered like Allie and Josh (JRiddy).

Now discuss, please.
    Last edited by bg; 01-09-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: edited to remove somebodies name (wants it to be private)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who else is a 7
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    Who else is a 7
    I think Ashton is a good benchmark for 7w8 and Allie for 7w6, but I can't think of many off the top of my head.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw lol, I think Vero is either 6w7 or 7w6, so/sx regardless.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Who else is a 7
    me

as as 7, I don't honestly have much against her being a 7. Perhaps she's a 7w6 as opposed to a 7w8, but that doesn't make a lot of difference, especially if the variant we are speaking about is so/sx
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she doesn't seem detached enough to be a 7. What I mean by detached is, 7's are constantly seeking external stimulation (in order to avoid being trapped by internal pain), so most experiences don't have any feeling invested in them because they are merely a diversion. As far as I can tell (and she can obviously contradict this with experience), she doesn't do that.
    100% untrue. I ran myself into the health gutter last year because I was constantly on the run so I wouldn't have to slow down. It was completely unnecessary for me to do so, it wasn't obligations that kept me going. I never spend time alone with myself. Ever. Even if I'm completely by myself I'll do something so I don't have to be alone with myself. It's why I have so many books, video games, online interests, etc. And when something starts to bore me I quickly find something new to interest me so I won't have that down time. I don't do it in a flighty way, but I definitely do it.

7w8's are INTENSE. Not so much in the emotional sense (like an sx 4...lolz...explosive behavior....lol nvm) but in a sort of rock-hard way. Their will can seem indomitable and they are NOT afraid of conflict in the least bit (hence Ashton's typical attitude in stickam arguments). I see Vero as relatively averse to conflict, as she didn't seem to want to directly engage in one when I made a sarcastic comment about feminism, and her behavior in stickam seems to corroborate this.
    Obviously you're never there when Allie tells me to lighten the fuck up because I'm scaring her with my "I'm intense" face. Also, I'm not afraid of conflict. I dislike ruining a nice atmosphere for a reason that I see as unworthy of my time, but when conflict is called for I get down and dirty. When someone truly rubs me the wrong way I get pretty intense. When things aren't moving I quickly become impatient and take control. I have a very fierce sense of independence. Though I do absolutely nothing to encourage it, many people defer to me for leadership.

My manner is just different than Ashton's. I'm a subtle person where Ashton is more direct. If I think someone is absolutely wrong, rather than putting on a stubborn outward front I withdraw to an internal war zone and selectively make statements to try and disprove them. I don't need external validation of my conflicts to be in control. Also, most of the arguments you've seen me take part in have been on topics that I do not have an entirely decisive stance on (I'm a pretty indecisive person when it comes to intellectual processes) with people who I recognize as having opinions worth considering. If I thought I was without a doubt more knowledgeable than you about your subject, then you can be sure I would put up a much bigger fight.

And the example of your sarcastic remark on feminism is void because I'm not a complete idiot. I know when people are intentionally trying to goad my anger and deem it not worth my time. But if you want to see and intense discussion, ask me about my opinions on feminism, which I already covered pretty thoroughly somewhere in the anything goes forum.

the so instinct leads one to seek external approval, yes, but 6's seek validation in order to establish an entire foundation to rest upon. She (and people will call this subjective bullshittery lol), like steve and eldanen, has this grounded energy about her; it's not flighty and scattered like Allie and Josh (JRiddy).
    I'm not a six. I'm quite certain I'm a seven at this point and the more that I think about it, look at my past, look at how I am with people, who I am now, seven becomes more and more obvious to me. As though I could never doubt it. You can argue wings with me, but at this point you will have a very difficult time convincing me that I am anything other than a 7. Also, in reference to your 6 validation-seeking, I think it's a load of crock. I'm typically strongly anti-establishment and anti-hierarchical. I have very little respect for authority unless it's earned. Anyone who knows me IRL will tell you that without hesitation.

Also, for someone who criticizes others for using examples of manifestations of type in themselves or others as defining points in an argument for or against another person's typing, you've certainly done a good job of that here.
    Last edited by bg; 01-09-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: removed somebodies name (wants it to be private)
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's also say that 7s have never been defined as a particularly conflict-seeking type. Yes, 7w8s definitely might be somewhat challenging in their demeanor, but it isn't necessarily a central feature of their personality.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precisely. I think we would need too much invested to be interested in a lot of conflict.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the proposed 7's or stated 7's strike me as conflict seeking or conflict lovers. But neither are they averse to it. Just my 2 cents.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I guess Vero is just mentally healthy and genuine lol.

So, you're a 7. Now tell me why you have an 8 wing instead of a 6 wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vero
    I'm typically strongly anti-establishment and anti-hierarchical.
    ftr, 6's do not necessarily go with the norm. They can be very rebellious and anti-establishment. The important thing thing is that they are devoted to some ideology, system, etc. But yeah, you're not a 6, so whatever.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    yeah, I guess Vero is just mentally healthy and genuine lol.

So, you're a 7. Now tell me why you have an 8 wing instead of a 6 wing.

ftr, 6's do not necessarily go with the norm. They can be very rebellious and anti-establishment. The important thing thing is that they are devoted to some ideology, system, etc. But yeah, you're not a 6, so whatever.
    What system or ideology am I devoted to? If anything I take bits and pieces of things and put together the "Vero way"

Man, I'm purchasing myself a copy of the wisdom of the enneagram so I an argue this properly with you.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, you mean to tell me that I am not the only ILE that has enneagram 8

(although I do realize that 8w7 is not the same as 7w8, but it is still cool )
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should have helped me out here when I needed it!

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=19495
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    Who else is a 7
    Peter Pan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Peter Pan.
    I like Peter Pan

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w8 and 8w7 are not the same thing, lol. Their motivations are entirely different.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What system or ideology am I devoted to? If anything I take bits and pieces of things and put together the "Vero way"

Man, I'm purchasing myself a copy of the wisdom of the enneagram so I an argue this properly with you.
    did I say you were a 6? Reread my post - I said you are not a 6, so that fact doesn't matter.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I'm trying to figure out why I would be a 6 wing.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I'm trying to figure out why I would be a 6 wing.
    Having a 6 wing does not mean you have a 6 fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanmoonshine
    Sevens with the Six wing are generally more openly anxious and ungrounded than those with an Eight wing. They tend to be mercurial and charming and generally more sweet tempered and engaging than their Eight winged counterparts. Overall, there tends to be a more obviously manic quality to Sevens with the Six wing. Sevens with an Eight wing are more success oriented, pragmatic and driven. They can be overbearing in the pursuit of their desires and are generally more aggressive and competitive than those with a Six wing.
    In my eyes, you're not intense enough to be an 8 wing.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick
    So, you're a 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanmoonshine
    Sevens with the Six wing are generally more openly anxious and ungrounded than those with an Eight wing
    Quote Originally Posted by nick
    She (and people will call this subjective bullshittery lol), like steve and eldanen, has this grounded energy about her; it's not flighty and scattered like Allie and Josh (JRiddy).
    ???
    Last edited by bg; 01-09-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: edited to remove somebodies name (wants it to be private)
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you know someone's enneagram type over the computer anyway?
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    ???
    DOES NOT COMPUTE

I don't really get what he's saying either.

- Voltaire

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop making threads about other people's types.

This is bullshit. You're no enneagram expert, and you don't know Vero.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop making posts about Rick Astley and Rickrolling.

This is bullshit. You're no Rickrolling expert, and you don't know Rick Astley.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Stop making posts about Rick Astley and Rickrolling.

This is bullshit. You're no Rickrolling expert, and you don't know Rick Astley.

The conversation about rickrolling got me in touch with a horrible part of myself that I didn't know existed.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    Eh, don't misinterpret what I say. You'll just sit there looking boring and unhappy. It's not intense or scary lol
    No, but you are a cold bitch