Thread: Introversion: how new is it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introversion: how new is it?

How long have there been *true* Introverts?

Evolutionists believe that human beings shouldn't be considered Homo Sapiens anymore. We are getting to the point of calling ourselfs a new species, one sperate from the Homo Sapien, called the "Homo Sapien Sapien". This means the "Man who knows he knows". They believe that we are seperate from the original Homo Sapien in that modern man has the ability to look within himself and understand what he knows (as oppossed to just knowing); introspection. They believe that, some where along the line, man learned "reflection". We have seen it ever since the days of Socrates, through people like Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Jung, and of course, through to day.

My question is... are we (man) getting more and more Introspective as time goes on? Are there more and more Introverts than before? And, considering we are in the computer age and everything, will human beings start to devlop more Introverted? We have less of a need to "do" things in the outside world than ever before, because everything is getting much easier... simplier... for us.

Is everyone going to be an Introvert one day?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introversion is only half of the experience. I don't think it is any more evolved or developed. it is also dependent upon the contents of the outside world in order to fill itself. One could just as easily turn that argument around and say people are more extraverted in this day and age and that extraversion is the way of the future.

Since everything is done for us we don't need to look into things to solve problems as much.

Interesting thought but I really think its all about the scenery.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course, both Extraverts and Introverts can reflect and draw things from the enviorment... we all have both Extraverted and Introverted functions... but what I meant is that it seems like people are relaying more and more on the Introverted funcitons (in comparison) than we have in the past. Things like the computer can do that.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Introversion: how new is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    How long have there been *true* Introverts?

Evolutionists believe that human beings shouldn't be considered Homo Sapiens anymore. We are getting to the point of calling ourselfs a new species, one sperate from the Homo Sapien, called the "Homo Sapien Sapien". This means the "Man who knows he knows". They believe that we are seperate from the original Homo Sapien in that modern man has the ability to look within himself and understand what he knows (as oppossed to just knowing); introspection. They believe that, some where along the line, man learned "reflection". We have seen it ever since the days of Socrates, through people like Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Jung, and of course, through to day.

My question is... are we (man) getting more and more Introspective as time goes on? Are there more and more Introverts than before? And, considering we are in the computer age and everything, will human beings start to devlop more Introverted? We have less of a need to "do" things in the outside world than ever before, because everything is getting much easier... simplier... for us.

Is everyone going to be an Introvert one day?
    the theory sounds a little hokey to me. i think it's more like we have more free time on our hands. we don't need to stay on alert for danger, we can think more. and each generation enhances a section of their brain, and passed the legacy.

the real question is - are extroverts introspective? in the way that real introverts are. do they reflect in a deep way like we do. unless there are more people hiding at home instead of going out and partying all night - i don't think so. i think there are simply more people messing with stuff online.

or even a mouse potato that reads boards like this reads about introversion, and applies the model to themselves. they use this to discover themselves using a checklist and yoga. while a real I can do this at will at any time, any where. we don't need the list, or the pretzel movements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean Rocky. If there is a whole population the extraverts are a little less extraverted. So society is developing introversion as a whole.

Still though, i could plead the opposite about that. I could say people are more extraverted because they don't require as much inner reasoning and spend more time focusing on externals, such as television or entertainment.

But if you look globally I can see a little bit of a different picture. It depends really upon how you look at this information and you believe this perspective:

Lets say, for example, you have a few introverted "countries" and a few extraverted "countries". The extraverted countries dominate the introverted countries, and extraversion eventually takes over. but did the introverted countries diminish to some extent the extraverted qualities? A sort of dilution ?

You'd have to wonder if the focus on the external was replenished by something. What would that be? I'm not so sure at the moment.

So if you look at it that way I can see what you mean. But since this is an information and technological world, it seems the introversion is being dished out to the computers and technology, whereas less is asked of the integrated understanding of peoples' inner worlds. Our internal worlds are becoming, in general, more superficial and dependent upon external stimulators. Introverted sensors, even, they pop pills, which come in the form of extraverted information.

That, however, is looking at Socionics as a global brand of Sociology.
    So if society is becoming more introverted my vote, perhaps, is going towards the technology, at this point anyway. But I'll plead chaos on this and say it changes case to case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeia
    http://www.planet-science.com/wired/wiredNL/archive/22_18_03_05.html
    http://www.wilderdom.com/personality...rsonality.html
    That saliva test sample is not really conclusive. It is not large enough, not random, and unreliable. It only says something about the people who acurately responded to the questions and followed the experiement without errors.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well, I guess the difference between introversion and extraversion mainly has due to deal with surviving by yourself or with a group. This can be emotionally and physically. I personally believe having a balance between the two is the best and I feel I straddle the fence, since I enjoy being by myself or with people, I can easily do introverted and extraverted activities.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeia
    http://www.planet-science.com/wired/wiredNL/archive/22_18_03_05.html
    http://www.wilderdom.com/personality...rsonality.html
    That saliva test sample is not really conclusive. It is not large enough, not random, and unreliable. It only says something about the people who acurately responded to the questions and followed the experiement without errors.
    Google it, Its not just those links its almost every study anyone has ever done on saliva and introverts has come out that introverts produce more.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Producing more saliva has to do with how much you breathe with your mouth as opposed to your nose. Mouth breathing is considered "less socially acceptable." It would follow that people who breath through their mouth are less socially active, and, therefore, are "introverts" as perceived by MB/popular definition.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Case in point.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...