Thread: study

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default study

Do You know any universities in Europe which are engaged in any research in the field of Socionics

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

If you wanted to study personality, find a psychology department that is at least not dismissive of personality theory. You will probably be pushed towards MBTI or the big five in any case.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ponttor View Post
    Do You know any universities in Europe which are engaged in any research in the field of Socionics
    I don't know, but you should start your own research centre, or make conferences in universities yourself, if you have the means...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if You start Your own research centre which direction for research would You choose?

any ideas

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ponttor View Post
    if You start Your own research centre which direction for research would You choose?

any ideas
    The right one.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd try to find a way to put clearly demarcatable results to the notion of "attraction". Socionics tries to predict things about attraction between people. To prove that it is a theory of merit, there needs to be a form of experiment where a discrete result regarding attraction between people is riskily predicted. Think of it as the "turing test" of personality research.