Thread: Kensi started it!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Kensi started it!!

OK, so I'd been thinking about starting a thread in this subforum back a week or so ago when several other self-proclaimed SLIs opined that there are no uncontested members of our type. I'd never come across anyone suggesting I'm other than SLI - including in the multiple meetups. But now Kensi comes along and not once but twice suggests NFj for me.
    Whaaaaaaaat? I'm stumped.
    So, if anybody bothers, this thread is intended to explore the viewpoints of people other than myself on the subject of my type. Pro-SLI or otherwise - please discuss.
    Why the hell not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are intensely analytical, what you said about Jem and I was very cool.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    OK, so I'd been thinking about starting a thread in this subforum back a week or so ago when several other self-proclaimed SLIs opined that there are no uncontested members of our type. I'd never come across anyone suggesting I'm other than SLI - including in the multiple meetups. But now Kensi comes along and not once but twice suggests NFj for me.
    So, if anybody bothers, this thread is intended to explore the viewpoints of people other than myself on the subject of my type. Pro-SLI or otherwise - please discuss.
    Why the hell not?
    Never met ya. But you like pool. Let's pool.

I really do think you're SLI though. Why consider NFj?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kensi does that to everyone...he is the main reason I am considering LIE...

Creepy-Cyclops

OK, so I'd been thinking about starting a thread in this subforum back a week or so ago when several other self-proclaimed SLIs opined that there are no uncontested members of our type.
    Just about everyones types get questioned I s'pose. Who are the self proclaimed ISTp's that you speak of who say there are no uncontested ISTp's? Did you mean you were going to start a thread to say you are an uncontested member until Kensi queried you otherwise?
    I'd never come across anyone suggesting I'm other than SLI - including in the multiple meetups.
    On the forum, it's because you are not a regular poster. It does seem that the more an individual posts the more their type can be queried. Don't know why though. It may be the way of things but is it the way of the force?
    But now Kensi comes along and not once but twice suggests NFj for me.
    Why the hell not?
    Well you already know what I think of you (lol) Well I see no reason to re-examine your type, unless your fishing for compliments (because INFj or ENFj is an upgrade no? )

On an interesting note, i'm not sure if kensi is ENFp, but he knows of my suspicions anyhow lol all this typing stuff (and I dinna mean the buttons on the keyboard ugh) it's gonna blow my brainz haha

More importantly I guess, seen any new films or anything at the cinema? Gonna go see Danny Bryant and his Red Eyed Band at end of week (this is music now not film!) well could be cool I guess. You could check him out on you tube or something if your bored. It's like blues music so I think it could be quite good to hear it live.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 06-24-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh. Well, as for contested ISTps, I would include LokVanguard, Cyclops, Winterpark, Jessica129 and Force My Hand. Uncontested would include istpunk and DeAnte. Snegledmaca and Implied are a couple who have "tried on" SLI without declaring it as definitive.
    I just thought it was interesting because although I'm not the most regular poster here, there have been certain folks who have elicited reactions of "You are XXXx" "You are definitely not XXX" "You must have Xx in your ego block" "You're showing an Xx HA/PoLR" from the very beginning.
    "What's My Type?" has always been of low interest to me, because most of the times I wander in here I find myself spacing out and not getting much out of the threads. So I didn't think I'd make my own thread in this subforum. But I have been trying to figure out how to identify the different things that get talked about around here, from information elements to VI aspects, in myself and others, so when Kensi talked about NFj, my reaction is "OK, *what* is it you see?"
    So, even though I do feel like I'm blatantly attention-seeking with this thread, what I'm really looking for is observations that others have made based on what postings I have made. I'm hoping this will help me figure out how to observe these kinds of things for myself both in myself and others.
    (And no, I wouldn't consider NFj an upgrade. Nothing against those folks, but it's just not me. I like me, overanalytical, self-indulgent (and as yet still kinda self-centered), adventurous nomad that I am!)
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Creepy-Cyclops

Heh. Well, as for contested ISTps, I would include LokVanguard, Cyclops, Winterpark, Jessica129 and Force My Hand. Uncontested would include istpunk and DeAnte. Snegledmaca and Implied are a couple who have "tried on" SLI without declaring it as definitive.
    I just thought it was interesting because although I'm not the most regular poster here, there have been certain folks who have elicited reactions of "You are XXXx" "You are definitely not XXX" "You must have Xx in your ego block" "You're showing an Xx HA/PoLR" from the very beginning.
    "What's My Type?" has always been of low interest to me, because most of the times I wander in here I find myself spacing out and not getting much out of the threads. So I didn't think I'd make my own thread in this subforum. But I have been trying to figure out how to identify the different things that get talked about around here, from information elements to VI aspects, in myself and others, so when Kensi talked about NFj, my reaction is "OK, *what* is it you see?"
    So, even though I do feel like I'm blatantly attention-seeking with this thread, what I'm really looking for is observations that others have made based on what postings I have made. I'm hoping this will help me figure out how to observe these kinds of things for myself both in myself and others.
    (And no, I wouldn't consider NFj an upgrade. Nothing against those folks, but it's just not me. I like me, overanalytical, self-indulgent (and as yet still kinda self-centered), adventurous nomad that I am!)
    *shrugs* some people know what they are talking about, some don't, but just about everyone talks. You need to study privately to learn things and what works yourself, then you can look at what everyone else is saying and decide wether you think it's bull or not. Trying to learn without your own private study as your backbone and foundation will lead to confusion.

EDIT: My comment about INFj's and ENFj's upgrading was tongue in cheek. But .. I don't think i've seen you being overanalytical, how do you/we/me measure that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're ISTp

Anna, these folks have a really skewed view of ISTps. I wouldn't trust em as far as I could throw em.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the hell not?
    Sorry, i like to poke around for fun in an ENFp fashion 'n stir things up a little.

I just seen this thread now...almost went unnoticed.

If i don't have a reason to issue someone a type i usually dont. When i came across your look, i could relate it to a couple of people i known in my life who were INFjs (ENFj btw didn't even cross my mind)...so what the heck.

You could be ISTp for all i know...i just know that you relate to delta and INFj would be my VI guess from experience. INFj is a very easy type for me to diagnose...probably in the top 4.

But if you wanna be ISTp...i'm ok with it

Nothing is official until its IRL and you get bto relive some of those same feelings you picked up off of other similar people.
    Last edited by kensi; 06-25-2008 at 08:26 AM.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    Sorry, i like to poke around for fun
    ho
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-Cyclops

Hey man we should go out on the pull sometime and get ourselves a couple a' birds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Hey man we should go out on the pull sometime and get ourselves a couple a' birds.
    ENFp birds?

- Voltaire

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    ENFp birds?
    Dunno man, we might need to take the VI expert Phaedrus along with us so that we don't get the types mixed up. Yeah I could just imagine him being some wing man when your trying to chat someone up. He'd be like 'No your an idiot. No your wrong. No don't talk to Cyclops he may be your dual but he's a total moron' Infact the last one might work, I like being stupid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    You're ISTp

Anna, these folks have a really skewed view of ISTps. I wouldn't trust em as far as I could throw em.
    'nuf said.
    Of course, TRUE ISTps would be too lazy to throw them in the first place, right?
    SLI

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just went and read a few of your posts in depth, and for what it is worth, I think we are both the same type. Is that ISTp? It seems to fit for me, rather, it fits the best, so I decided awhile ago to run with it.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'nuf said.
    Of course, TRUE ISTps would be too lazy to throw them in the first place, right?
    We'd get someone else to do it for us if we had to

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Birds suck! All they do is poop.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    Birds suck! All they do is poop.
    LMAO.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE maybe, not very strong typing at all.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, fwiw, how do you see Fe polr manifesting in yourself? and out of curiosity, why does it have to be uncontested? i don't think there's much of a chance of getting full consensus on anyone's type tbqh, moreover in an atmosphere like this.

just in writing you remind me a little bit of dbmmamma, but other than that i'm not sure.
    Last edited by implied; 06-28-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei