Thread: ENTps and moving on from dreams, relationships, friendships

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps and moving on from dreams, relationships, friendships

Opinions and advice please!

So the MBTI description says ENTps, quickly move on and forget about dreams, relationships, friendships... and I know Socionics is different, but is that true for other ILE's?

Personally I find it so difficult to move on. I question whether I've got out every last bit of goodness from something, and I often find myself unsure as to whether something may be useful to me in the future and hence I can't let go. I don't trust if I have bad feelings towards something, I do not trust what I see - maybe it's my perspective that's wrong.

Is this normal?

ENTp... love it

3w2

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cut loose and move on really easily. Transitions to different phases of my life are relatively painless. I'm extremely self-reliant, which can sometimes become tricky for others in my life. I don't like trusting anything other than myself, and for that reason I tend to stay pretty emotionally detached. I go for long period of time without seeing family, not because I don't care, but because I don't often need that sense of family security and I forget that there are others involved who might need my attention and reassurance.

I tend to cling to things as you've described, but only in the sense that I don't like to burn bridges. That closes opportunities, which is something I tend to avoid. But I shed myself of unnecessary baggage rather easily when the time comes. I have very little regret when I need to move on.

That being said, when you look at enneagrams, not all ENTps fall into the stereotypical role of cutting lose and moving on. For instance Steve, who most of the forum accepts as definitely ILE, identifies as 6w5, which is rather unlike what I've just described for you. I'm not particularly familiar with Enneargram in detail, but everyone experiences their lives in a different fashion, which can impact how our types manifest themselves.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    Opinions and advice please!

So the MBTI description says ENTps, quickly move on and forget about dreams, relationships, friendships... and I know Socionics is different, but is that true for other ILE's?

Personally I find it so difficult to move on. I question whether I've got out every last bit of goodness from something, and I often find myself unsure as to whether something may be useful to me in the future and hence I can't let go. I don't trust if I have bad feelings towards something, I do not trust what I see - maybe it's my perspective that's wrong.

Is this normal?

i find it hard to initially move on. i have to go through a grief/loss type of process, at leasta for relationships. but once i'm done, i'm done with that. then it's easy. so to answer your question, first it's hard then after some intensity, it's easy.

that said....they say the best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody. :-D

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    that said....they say the best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody. :-D
    I've never heard that before but it's funny!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I've never heard that before but it's funny!
    yes....it so is! LOL

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well.. yeah ive known some entps.. quite a few.. and ive been their shoulder when they thought their world was ending and ive known those who take a more mechanical approach and have no problem moving on.. and it will always involve another person or at least project.. somewhere else to get the Fe from.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    Is this normal?
    No.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha okay I feel comforted by your responses!

Does that mean nobody has any emotional attatchement to anyone or anything? I mean I consider myself anti-emotional, but I form loyal attatchements to some people, some dreams!!
    ENTp... love it

3w2

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    I think my SLE describes himself alot like you, but he will never seem that way to me. I think he tries to consciously detach in that very pragmatic way, but experiences the pain on a much deeper level than he can even touch.

That part of him will always be very close to me. Perhaps it's his tender spot, his vulnerable function. :<
    Mmm, sort of, but I would say the detachment is subconscious because I don't really notice the emotional detachment myself. Then when things strike to the heart of those feelings I get pretty explosive.

In any case, because of Fe-valued I think we would both come off as fairly expressive, that's not very surprising in ILE or SLE. From there, it's not that I don't care or that I'm necessarily ingenuine...It's a really weird line to describe, especially to Fe or Fi types.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Of course not. Why use a type description someone else wrote to define yourself? You should be questioning the description, not your behavior.

The way I see it, the more detailed socionics/personality descriptions become, the more chance you have of having the "ah! that's me, I identify completely" feeling if you happen to be in any way similar to the personality being described (disected).....there's also more chance that the description is too biased, too detailed to be of any real use. Think about it. When socionics tells you what type of cheese you're going to eat tomorrow....and you believe it.....well, it might be good to take a little break.
    good call