Thread: LSIs/ISTjs: body language and physical coordination

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSIs/ISTjs: body language and physical coordination

Can anyone tell me, based on their observations of LSIs, what type of physical movements they have? I'm wondering, because a person who I think is LSI appears pretty physically uncoordinated to me. What are their Si skills like?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one wants to talk about LSIs? :-(

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.com/prof/istj.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sergei Sillypants
    ISTjs often have a very firm, solid figure, especially males. They keep their feet rooted to the ground giving the impression that they are sturdy and secure. Their heads are firmly fixed squarely to their shoulders and are practically immovable. Their necks appear to be inflexible so when they turn their head their shoulders usually follow. Their facial expressions are somewhat unemotional and show great concentration.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad coordination is probably a characteristic of a dominant Ti function. I say this because I have bad coordination, myself.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad coordination as such - more jerky, forceful movements. The person seems to me to be using more muscle power than is necessary. For example she'll push a button with her whole arm rather than just her finger. And she walks like she's on a mission all the time, in a powerwalking style even when she's not trying to.

Has anyone noticed these sort of movements from LSIs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Not bad coordination as such - more jerky, forceful movements. The person seems to me to be using more muscle power than is necessary. For example she'll push a button with her whole arm rather than just her finger. And she walks like she's on a mission all the time, in a powerwalking style even when she's not trying to.

I do this as well, most people just say its due to my being "heavy-handed".

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markuz View Post
    I do this as well, most people just say its due to my being "heavy-handed".
    Do you tend to find other people that use less physical energy than you annoying at all?

Who are those guys, Esper?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk really know, I can see my best friend being heavy handed easily.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    idk really know, I can see my best friend being heavy handed easily.
    What does 'heavy handed' look like to you?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, I believe maybe using too much force instead of the normal amount.

or being very rigid in movements.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you tend to find other people that use less physical energy than you annoying at all?
    Not at all, and I can't think of a reason why they should be(unless it gets to the point where I see it as lazyness).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that in my best known LSI.

Because of that special manners, a paper in which she writes always have raised bumps.
    Last edited by Chocolate; 07-03-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Jem's correction - thanks :>
    IEE. subtype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example she'll push a button with her whole arm rather than just her finger.
    If you're gonna press the button, then PRESS THE FUCKING BUTTON! (c:

I'm not particularly heavy handed or uncoordinated but I'm definitely not graceful.
    LSI

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    I've noticed that in my best known LSI.

Because of that special manners, a paper in which she writes always have cambers.
    What are cambers?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    If you're gonna press the button, then PRESS THE FUCKING BUTTON! (c:

I'm not particularly heavy handed or uncoordinated but I'm definitely not graceful.
    Do you drive in the same fashion? All or nothing with the accelerator and brake? :-)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly certain my step-mom is LSI-Se and her movements are very competent. That's the best way to describe it. If there's something to be done it's point A, point B, do action, done. No need to exaggerate (unless she's in a bad mood) or indulge in superfluous action. She just does.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I'm fairly certain my step-mom is LSI-Se and her movements are very competent. That's the best way to describe it. If there's something to be done it's point A, point B, do action, done. No need to exaggerate (unless she's in a bad mood) or indulge in superfluous action. She just does.
    Mm, yeah - I guess that's what I'm seeing. Maybe I'm just more attuned to lack of Si more than anything, so her actions look unnecessary to me. Idk. But then Se dominants' actions don't look superfluous to me. It's weird.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps they seem unnecessary to you because your Si base naturally expects that another S-ego's sensory function will work in a similar manner to your own, but that's not really true. Where you desire to set an environment to rights to create internal harmony, Se egos, particularly those with a rational temperament, will be more inclined to use their external environment as a slave function to Ti or Fi. So their purpose is well defined in their own minds, but to you all you see is them doing things that do not satisfy the internal harmony of Si. Additionally, it may be a consequence of Dynamic vs. Static functions. Se is just an entirely different way of seeing and doing things.

While I don't feel this way about Ni particularly (Ni is just some weird exoticism), I do feel that way about Te. I can't see the purpose of Te when I can use Ti. It's not that Te is useless or unnecessary, I just can't see why anyone would want to use it when Ti is so much better.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you drive in the same fashion? All or nothing with the accelerator and brake? :-)
    For some reason quick acceleration is pleasing while quick deceleration isn't, so I accelerate fast and slow down gently.
    LSI

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps they seem unnecessary to you because your Si base naturally expects that another S-ego's sensory function will work in a similar manner to your own, but that's not really true. Where you desire to set an environment to rights to create internal harmony, Se egos, particularly those with a rational temperament, will be more inclined to use their external environment as a slave function to Ti or Fi. So their purpose is well defined in their own minds, but to you all you see is them doing things that do not satisfy the internal harmony of Si. Additionally, it may be a consequence of Dynamic vs. Static functions. Se is just an entirely different way of seeing and doing things.

While I don't feel this way about Ni particularly (Ni is just some weird exoticism), I do feel that way about Te. I can't see the purpose of Te when I can use Ti. It's not that Te is useless or unnecessary, I just can't see why anyone would want to use it when Ti is so much better.
    Yeah, I think you're right. What I don't understand though, is why an Se dominant's actions don't look 'too much' to me. I can see they use more force, but it just looks like it's natural for them. Like it's coming from within them or something. Idk. It's my mum I'm wondering about. I'm not even sure she's LSI - that's why I was asking.

Lol - Ni being weird exoticism :-)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably because people mistakenly identify Se as an overt and excessive manipulation of the environment. Certainly, Se-egos may act that way, but there are plenty of Se's who manage to live their lives in a way that is much more subdued. Se is just like Ne except it's externalized. Se is like viewing the kinetic potential of something. How can this be used in a physical sense. What you do with it afterwards is totally up to you. If anything, one would expect that ISTj would be very subdued in their manner of using Se because the IJ temperament is generally more controlled and understated, whereas ESTp would generally be a little more direct and overstated with their EP temperament. Of course, this is a generalization, but I think you get my point.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think that the people most likely to make excessive use of such force, by which I mean to an impractical and potentially self-defeating extent, are types that value Se but are not strong in it.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I've probably mistyped her. It's frustrating. I can't work her out. :-(

Thanks for your input, people. :-)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok, Jem. I can't type my mom either, though it's been a joint effort on both our parts. She's hard to pin down. We're starting to think she might be INTj, which gets kind of foggy when you get into female subtypes. But she's a little too artistic for LII most of the time, which is kind of tricky. She tends to get a lot of satisfaction out of photography in particular, and she has a really good eye for it, which is not something you would expect out of an LII. I keep going back to ILI, but that doesn't exactly seem right either. If she were ILI she would probably be Ni subtype. Bah, anyways. Off-topic.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps LIE? Just throwing it out there because I think LIE and LSI can mistype somewhat easily and LIEs definitely tend to be clumsy.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mm, maybe. I haven't really considered the extroverted types because she's got all the traits of an introvert. But I guess I should. :-)

It's hard to type someone you're really close to because you know all the contradictions about them that seem to rule out every type you consider.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of adults (particularly parents) tend to give off the impression of introversion. It's part of that settling down deal, extroversion becomes so much less obvious because you have a lot of responsibilities that keep you busy but seem necessary rather than a product of nervous energy. A lot of people become more subdued with age. I know for myself I've mellowed out a lot in the past couple of years, even. I used to be Gilly-style insane, if you can imagine.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of adults (particularly parents) tend to give off the impression of introversion. It's part of that settling down deal, extroversion becomes so much less obvious because you have a lot of responsibilities that keep you busy but seem necessary rather than a product of nervous energy. A lot of people become more subdued with age. I know for myself I've mellowed out a lot in the past couple of years, even. I used to be Gilly-style insane, if you can imagine.
    From the way Mum describes herself when she was younger though, she's gotten more extroverted with age. Apparently she was super shy as a girl. She's the sort of person who forces herself to interact with people for her own personal development. She's good one-on-one, but she doesn't small talk at all and has a fear of public speaking.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But there's also a difference between shyness and extroversion and shyness and introversion. For instance I had an INTj friend who hated it when people assumed he was an introvert just because he was quiet. Although he IS an introvert, regardless of what he claims, lol. He's INTj to the core. But in any case, I know some painfully shy extroverts and some rather gregarious introverts.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But there's also a difference between shyness and extroversion and shyness and introversion. For instance I had an INTj friend who hated it when people assumed he was an introvert just because he was quiet. Although he IS an introvert, regardless of what he claims, lol. He's INTj to the core. But in any case, I know some painfully shy extroverts and some rather gregarious introverts.
    How do you see shyness between Extroverts?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then there's this info.

She doesn't fit any of the Extroverted qualities except for the ones below - but these seem to me to be referring to a lack of F rather than extroversion

*often unsure of what ties actually exist between them and others
    *often afraid of losing control of their inner world (feelings, reactions to external stimuli)
    *mismanaging their inner world; trying to make sense of and find themselves
    *can become drifty and keep changing their external situation without changing their attitudes and inner world
    *develop and look after partners' external life (activities, interests, circle of friends, useful opportunities)

And the commanding, assertive voice one. Lol

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met extroverts who thrive on human interaction and get depressed and drawn out when they spend too much time alone, but are often very shy in large groups. It's not that they don't enjoy themselves in a group atmosphere, it's that they're unsure of themselves. They aren't necessarily comfortable with the social etiquettes involved with group dynamics. They're still extroverts though. They still need that kind of energy in large quantities in order to stay energized. They're just unsure of themselves.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are cambers?
    Apparently I didn't find a proper word in a dictionary. Except this I found: convexity, protuberance and crown. Which is proper? :>

So ... I meant that touching the paper with her handwriting causes the same sensation as touching letters from Braille.
    Last edited by Chocolate; 07-03-2008 at 02:12 PM.
    IEE. subtype.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met extroverts who thrive on human interaction and get depressed and drawn out when they spend too much time alone, but are often very shy in large groups. It's not that they don't enjoy themselves in a group atmosphere, it's that they're unsure of themselves. They aren't necessarily comfortable with the social etiquettes involved with group dynamics. They're still extroverts though. They still need that kind of energy in large quantities in order to stay energized. They're just unsure of themselves.
    These are usually fucked up Extrotims.

I've met a ++- IEE who was like that.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So ... I meant that touching the paper with her handwriting causes the same sensation as touching letters from Braille.
    Oh ok. :-)
    Apparently I don't find a proper word in a dictionary. Except this I found: convexity, protuberance and crown. Which is proper? :>
    You wouldn't use any of those really. I would just say "raised bumps". :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    These are usually fucked up Extrotims.

I've met a ++- IEE who was like that.
    IEEs tend to be less 'extroverted' than other 'extroverts' though.

But why would they have to be messed up anyway? What about yourself? You were saying that you have the qualities of an extrovert. That's not typical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought everyone's handwriting was like that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok. :-)You wouldn't use any of those really. I would just say "raised bumps". :-)
    IEEs tend to be less 'extroverted' than other 'extroverts' though.

But why would they have to be messed up anyway? What about yourself? You were saying that you have the qualities of an extrovert. That's not typical.
    What the fuck !? Can't IEE's be "real" extroverts ? There are +++ IEE's too ! Not only they're extroverts, but they also look like ADHD retards, like +++ SEE's and +++ SLE's.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    What the fuck !? Can't IEE's be "real" extroverts ? There are +++ IEE's too ! Not only they're extroverts, but they also look like ADHD retards, like +++ SEE's and +++ SLE's.
    Calm down. I didn't mean that they couldn't be 'real' extroverts, just that there's a lot of them that appear introverted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell me, based on their observations of LSIs, what type of physical movements they have? I'm wondering, because a person who I think is LSI appears pretty physically uncoordinated to me. What are their Si skills like?
    i think it depends on the individual but i do think they're introverts so they can forget what is going on around them. istjs are known for noticing details and that means they may miss out on the overall picture sometimes, i think.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus christ how stubborn can one human being be? lol.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast