Thread: Attn: Fe/Ti types

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attn: Fe/Ti types

Please briefly describe Te, Ti, Fe, and Fi.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting links to other people's descriptions is also encouraged (assuming they're written by Ti/Fe types).
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, Fe is pretty much the meaning of life. I believe my purpose of being here on earth as a human being is pretty much to experience the full range of conscious states available to me and enjoy them to the fullest. When I was 18, I decided that the most important thing in life is to experience emotion intensely (thank you Equilibrium ). I derive meaning and satisfaction from being happy, depressed, angry, morbid, contemplative; I am here to experience ecstasy, laughter, determination, vindictiveness, pleasure, and peace of mind. There is nothing that matters more to me than my ability to experience the world subjectively; if I knew that I had to be without it, I would probably kill myself, because there would just be no reason to wake up, go to work, pay rent, eat, etc. All of that is just means to the end of experiencing intensity, purpose, and sheer joy of living. If I could give something, anything of myself to another person that I think would be of meaning or real value, I would show them how I experience the world; the ups, the downs, the highs, the lows. I need someone who will think that it's as beautiful as I do, or else a relationship is pointless. But only one person has ever been that close to me, and she fucked me over, so it will probably be a long time before I share it with someone else.

Anyways...

To me, Ti exists to give some structure and consistency to life. I rely on personal maxims and rules as a reference point to keep me grounded and prevent me from doing everything on a whim; without them, I would be in jail, homeless, or dead. I experience lots of urges that just aren't compatible with a practical way of living, so I have to have some kind of reference point in order to remind myself of what I can and can't get away with (at least to a certain point). I still slam the accelerator on my car and do 120 on the highway, I still rip into people sometimes, I still feel disdain for people who try to tell me how to live my life or what I should be doing, but I use my rules to regulate the extent to which I "go all out" and keep things in perspective.

Te is something that I like to work on. I like trying to multitask, I am good at splitting up tasks into their nuts and bolts to do them more efficiently, and I can be pragmatic and efficient when I want to, but it all takes focus and significant conscious effort; after too long, I'm bound to get worn out. I appreciate having "methods" that help me do things efficiently and make big tasks seem less daunting; I enjoy a good challenge and overcoming obstacles, work related or personal, but when I feel out of my league I tend to get a little overwhelmed and just want to say "fuck it." It helps to know that someone has been there before and that there are little things one can do to make the big tasks in life seem not so intimidating.

Fi is very important to me. I am a very dedicated and faithful friend; I would take a bullet for any of my best friends or my family without hesitation. I enjoy nothing more than helping them get through their own obstacles in life and providing guidance and support. Without them, I would probably collapse in a heap and not bother going on, most likely turning back to drugs and selling them to make a living; I know I could make it that way, at least for a while, but I know that I matter too much to the important people in my life to let them see me go through that. There are other reasons, yes, but that's the most important one. However, I can sometimes be inattentive in my relationships and let their importance fall by the wayside when I get too locked in on whatever chapter in my life I am figuring out how to get through. Sometimes I just get wrapped up in my own every-dayness, and getting in touch with old friends or family can feel like a chore because it doesn't feel like the most stimulating thing to do; however when I do go out of my way to do it, or when they make a special effort to get in touch and see how I'm doing, I remember that in reality, it's what helps me make it from day to day.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Ask ifmd95 about the grading system.

(btw, thanks for the responses so far... keep em coming)
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Please briefly describe Te, Ti, Fe, and Fi.
    Any particular reason why?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking to someone who said that the descriptions of Te/Fi he read seemed better than the descriptions of Fe/Ti, but he was concerned that he had read mostly descriptions written by Te/Fi types, and that as a result they may make Te/Fi sound better and not give Fe/Ti fair representation.

This has come up before, so I figured it would be useful to have some Fe/Ti perspective descriptions all gathered in one place.
    SEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I sometimes wish that Fi people would be Fe people, ie: would stop reasoning with the ethics and express some passion ... some love and anger ... and listen to "my" (ie: a "Ti") kind of reasoning for a change.
    Fi ppl can express passion, e.g. love and anger... It's can be externalized just like Fe, e.g. for anger, there's intensity, yelling, etc. (It's just usually about ethics, hehe)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I was talking to someone who said that the descriptions of Te/Fi he read seemed better than the descriptions of Fe/Ti, but he was concerned that he had read mostly descriptions written by Te/Fi types, and that as a result they may make Te/Fi sound better and not give Fe/Ti fair representation.

This has come up before, so I figured it would be useful to have some Fe/Ti perspective descriptions all gathered in one place.
    To oversimplify the functions in just about one word, in some ways I the four information elements as follows:
    Te: action
    Fe: meaning
    Fi: reaction
    Ti: understanding

Te & Action
    Extraverted Logic primarily deals with the world of dynamically changing activity of objects. That is something of the textbook definition, but it is a good way to think about it. Yet with this awareness of external objects, there is also an awareness of how those outside objects can, and perhaps should, be properly manipulated and utilized. Te seeks to control and harness this external activity to suit productive ends or desires.

Fe & Meaning
    Extraverted Ethics perceives the same external objects of Extraverted Logic, but it is not its primary focus (and the same holds true with Te perceiving Fe). Instead, Fe is focused on the internal activity of the objects, which is honestly a bit less clear cut than Te, but it seems to be an awareness of a sense of connotative meaning of the object. The process of Fe is generally more easily observed in, but not exclusive to, humans and other more animate objects in which this meaning manifests itself as emotions. For more inanimate objects, Fe generally manifests in the form of moods or atmosphere of the object.

Te & Fe: Meaingful Actions?
    Just as Te is aware of how to manipulate the external activity of objects, so too is Fe aware of how to manipulate and utilize the internal activity of objects. But the conflict arises in how best to utilize this external activity, because a productive use of externalities for Te may be counterproductive for Fe. To use a minor example: arranging the furniture in a house. Te may see where things would efficiently fit that would maximize the amount of space or allow easier access to things. This use of space, however, may also not be very inviting or lacks in a certain warmth and therefore be counterproductive to achieving a maximized utility of Fe.

Fi & Reaction
    Intraverted Ethics seeks to create, develop, and maintain this sense of meaning in more static and subjective relationships between the subject and object. If Te is the realm of action, then Fi provides the static emotional reaction to that activity by seeking to determine the emotional bonds that exist between objects of activity. Although Fi is perceived to be more emotionally stable than Fe, Fi also has its own series of drawbacks since it may seek to maintain outdated views regarding the emotional bonds that exists between objects, and it may take a while for Fi to willingly readjust the perception of that dynamic.

Ti & Understanding
    First off as something of a disclaimer, understanding is achieved in many ways and not just necessarily from Ti, but this simplifies it to its core concern. Intraverted Logic is concerned about understanding the underlying relationship or mechanism that exists in the objective field of activity. Ti seeks to determine the grand design of the universe, so to speak, in either more concrete or abstract fields. If the universe had motive, Ti would want to find it out. Ti takes the Te that it sees and tries to catalogue and classify it for different reasons (ease of information access, bisecting components for multipurpose application, etc.). The problem with Ti is that sometimes it having to constantly reevaluate the Te dynamics, which sometimes gives the appearance that stubbornness is a trait of Ti. But Ti also requires that their understanding is paired with the dynamic meaning of Fe as a means to provide a phenomenon to extrapolate.