Thread: Uncertainty, having doubts for EIEs/ENFjs

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Uncertainty, having doubts for EIEs/ENFjs

Hello, this is to all ENFj, ENFj-Fe, Enfj-Ni. I would like to know the doubts and contradiction you experience in your head. how it has affected your life, and shape you as an indivuduals. Have you ever tried to do something with your doubt and let it go. To what degree do you experiences this kind of doubt becuase it has bothered me alot, to a point of what I have to say, do, and the direction I am taking in life. What are some of the things we can do to let go of the doubts? Lastly, an interesting face is that on socionics.com it has mentioned that this is part of the positive features we have as an ENFj, how so can this be more positive than negative?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Hello, this is to all ENFj, ENFj-Fe, Enfj-Ni. I would like to know the doubts and contradiction you experience in your head. how it has affected your life, and shape you as an indivuduals. Have you ever tried to do something with your doubt and let it go. To what degree do you experiences this kind of doubt becuase it has bothered me alot, to a point of what I have to say, do, and the direction I am taking in life. What are some of the things we can do to let go of the doubts? Lastly, an interesting face is that on socionics.com it has mentioned that this is part of the positive features we have as an ENFj, how so can this be more positive than negative?
    Hey this is an interesting post and I thought I should include my input. A lot of the time when I think I'm so sure of something I just start to doubt it and I tend to think of the negative aspect rather than looking at it positively. For example there is someone I like now and I thought he liked me for sure and after looking at the entire situation overall I realized that maybe that isn't the case. Currently I'm very confused and I'm doubting everything. There are of a lot of signals that indicate he's interested but at the same time he mentions his ex. The thing is he's LSI and we get along so well. Right now I'm at a place where I can't handle anymore emotional pain so I decided that going with the flow and not being in such a rush is for the best. The way I stay more positive is by knowing that everything happens for a reason and I choose to believe that there could be a brighter future ahead and that is why I'm going through all this. So just by accepting things for what they actually are will help you achieve your goal. Okay I said too much
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lastly, an interesting face is that on socionics.com it has mentioned that this is part of the positive features we have as an ENFj, how so can this be more positive than negative?
    your doubts help you to make a good decision, after considering all possible outcomes. doubts help you to keep your options open, to consider all sides of a situation. they help to consider the point of view of others, how others will look at something, and in so doing, EIE engages others in their process. all good things i think.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doubts have made me who I am. I see my doubting nature as a blessing: it means I think my positions through just that much more thoroughly and am that much more confident, but am also always open to new viewpoints when mine seem to fall apart. It's a curse in the sense that it can cause me some anxiety, true, but overall I see it as a key factor in having shaped who I have become, and at the end of each "episode" caused by my insane questionings, I see myself as having derived some kind of benefit.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubting sucks. Just smash and grab.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII? Yeah, oookaaayyy...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    LII? Yeah, oookaaayyy...
    Lol @ gilly for typing from an atypical forum post.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    your doubts help you to make a good decision, after considering all possible outcomes. doubts help you to keep your options open, to consider all sides of a situation. they help to consider the point of view of others, how others will look at something, and in so doing, EIE engages others in their process. all good things i think.
    i'm not completely sure i'm ENFj, but i do know that my doubts GET IN THE WAY of making a good decision. when i make a decision based on my inner knowing, it HAS ALWAYS been the exact right one in the end.

everything you've said here sunshine lively sounds Ne to me. as rationals, we're not that good with keeping options open, we like closure and doubts get in the way of closure, which actual make us feel more anxious, etc... at least for me...

i do keep my options open until the exact moment that the closure is needed. and then, bam, that's when i make a strong decision. the only way i've found to get rid of doubts is to make that strong decision and MOVE ON, move on, turn my direction to something completely different or i'll keep looking at the decision and doubting again.

i know that this whole figuring out my type thing is very nerve racking for me. i just need to say I AM THIS and not come to this board anymore, move in a new direction or i'll go on doubting whatever decision i made.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i'm not completely sure i'm ENFj, but i do know that my doubts GET IN THE WAY of making a good decision. when i make a decision based on my inner knowing, it HAS ALWAYS been the exact right one in the end.

everything you've said here sunshine lively sounds Ne to me. as rationals, we're not that good with keeping options open, we like closure and doubts get in the way of closure, which actual make us feel more anxious, etc... at least for me...

i do keep my options open until the exact moment that the closure is needed. and then, bam, that's when i make a strong decision. the only way i've found to get rid of doubts is to make that strong decision and MOVE ON, move on, turn my direction to something completely different or i'll keep looking at the decision and doubting again.

i know that this whole figuring out my type thing is very nerve racking for me. i just need to say I AM THIS and not come to this board anymore, move in a new direction or i'll go on doubting whatever decision i made.
    lol. yeah. you don't value the benefits of doubts. but doubting is inherently Ni not Ne, since Ni looks at the dynamics of things and sees how they are always changing and how they could change in any given direction. the strength of Ni is to see how a situation could change over time....hence how it drives doubting. but it's good to doubt; helps you make the right decision like i say.

Ne is static...snapshot type of perception. Ne perceives possibility and probability, all gray area, lots of room for flexibility. Ne almost revels in gray area i think lol.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    the strength of Ni is to see how a situation could change over time....hence how it drives doubting. but it's good to doubt; helps you make the right decision like i say.
    i can go with that.

then i say
    I HAVE changed so much over the course of my life that to pigeonhole me into one type doesn't make any sense. And I know that I will be a different person again in 5, 10, whatever years....those things I don't doubt. LOL

any doubts actually HELP me to grow and change in new directions within myself. cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    Why ditch the board, especially if you are going to decide on a certain type?
    LII

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    Why ditch the board, especially if you are going to decide on a certain type?
    there's this thing in me that wants to know/understand something. once i "get" it, i'm ready for something new and different. if i don't move in a different direction, i will continue to doubt my decision which will keep me "stuck" and not enjoying life.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh... okay. I'm sorry to bring this up yet again, but holy crap, dbmmama, you are probably the forum member I am now most annoyed with. Everything you say is so devoid of logical thought and so incredibly airy-fairy. You think you were once an angel? You are too "into" yourself and your own ways of thinking/feeling that you can not see another's viewpoint and merely "agree to disagree" with them. Stop. Please stop.

You know absolutely nothing about Socionics and come up with ludicrous reasonings for your own type. I can't help this sense of dislike towards you, I never have had such an occurrence before, especially online, which seems quite silly. There is no one else I have been more annoyed by. Every time I read your posts I have a need to roll my eyes at their content and form.

You are proud, too proud of your own "revelations" towards what is meaningful towards life. I think it is just the fact that you base so much of your ideas and impressions on subjective feelings and you ignore the facts, the logicality behind things. There is NO way you are a logical type, absolutely none, and unfortunately, I do believe you are just a deluded EIE. I very, very highly doubt SeFi for you. I think an ILI would be incredibly pissed off with your thought processes and such. A certain type of LSI would however, desire someone like you.

A lot of what you post is purely FeNi. You're just all about the dramatics, the emotional expression. You use all-caps to make your emphasis, etc. The Ni comes through and I think that is exactly what annoys me - your use of Ni. You talk as if you had a great power with it and you are some extraordinary "all-seeing" individual ... uhm, right. You need to learn some humility in regards to that function, pretty please ? Your desires to "keep active" are not reminiscent of an Se leading type. I rarely find Se leading or even Se ego types "brag" about how they need to move unless directly questioned of it or something. The Se hidden agenda is quite evident in you - you like to think of yourself as Se dominant, like to think of yourself as intimidating, strong, powerful, physically active, etc. There is a huge difference between it being natural and it being something you knowingly work on and are conscious of.

I think you really need some sense knocked into you by an LSI. Yep, that's right. Someone to really flesh out the theory of Socionics for you and set it in your mind. I'm sorry for all the rudeness, I'm not sure what has gotten into me. Meh. I thrive on the controversy.

Err, I perhaps should not have posted this here. Ah well. Oh look, an EIE is doubting themselves, right here, right now! Ooh!
    Last edited by ScarlettLux; 06-21-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see ENFjs as doubters. Their dominant world is an established and judgmental one of Fe....their minds are made up...................their perceptions that follow are attempts to reconcile the views of Fe in an ever-changing way---their intuition is dynamic...and their external senses very much aware of the reconciliation process.

The Ni subtypes...have the Ni of an ENTj and this in-itself does not constitute doubt.

Any type can have doubts if their functions are not working in the right place at the right time.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I made up my mind it is done, but it is not before i doubt it internally, I dont think you can noticed our doubt so much externally, though we can show it too.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I made up my mind it is done, but it is not before i doubt it internally, I dont think you can noticed our doubt so much externally, though we can show it too.
    I often deliberately show my doubt - people are often willing to help a damsel in distress therefore sometimes vocalizing potential problems helps prevent them. Also, it gives me a chance to do an "I told you so".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know what life is like for you, but I think ENFJs can be incredibly sensitive, actually, and almost have a phsyical memory of events and that we can hold onto things and see predominating patterns in others. We can be somewhat analytical and are obviously very emotional and intuitive.

So that being said...I think that unless we're raised in very supportive environments or miraculously surrounded by warm, sensitive people who understand us, that we're probably going to experience doubts.

In terms of dealing with my own problems in life I think i tend to attract narcissistic types of people and what I'm trying to focus on right now are things like this:

*Oppression causes bodily changes. These changes make you think you are going crazy. There is a difference between a mental illness and a psychological injury.

*When one is in a "victim state," one sees the oppressor as the enemy, as the one with the power, and as a result, the victim is easily manipulated into frustration and anger. The narcissist will utilize this dynamic to incite people into emotional states which can be exploited into distractions from the core issues.

*An excellent emotional boundary system does not allow the force of another person's emotions to penetrate one's own personal space.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post

First of all - How do I figure out if I'm Fe or Ni?

Secondly - As I've been posting I've found my dual recently and I think ENFJ doubts stem from their uncomplimented INFP Model B Unconscious. I think we can waste away like an INFP ghost never asserting ourselves and kind of being afraid to live for fear of hurting others or the planet, etc. But that the ISTJ's ESTP Model B Unconscious brings out the best in us, dares us to live, makes us feel real, brings us back to life.

It's positive, because all though we can be, we are generally not destructive assholes. We are thoughtful contemplative sensitive caring buddhas . The world suffers from a deficit of the conscientious personality type were something like the second or third rarest based on a set of statistics I read. And we're a threat to all types. We challange the Alphas to create things that wont destroy us, we challenge the Gammas to match their concepts and products etc. with humanism and we challenge their wars, and we challenge the Deltas to recognize the individual and the individuals desire and rights to sovereignty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leftylib View Post
    First of all - How do I figure out if I'm Fe or Ni?

Secondly - As I've been posting I've found my dual recently and I think ENFJ doubts stem from their uncomplimented INFP Model B Unconscious. I think we can waste away like an INFP ghost never asserting ourselves and kind of being afraid to live for fear of hurting others or the planet, etc. But that the ISTJ's ESTP Model B Unconscious brings out the best in us, dares us to live, makes us feel real, brings us back to life.

It's positive, because all though we can be, we are generally not destructive assholes. We are thoughtful contemplative sensitive caring buddhas . The world suffers from a deficit of the conscientious personality type were something like the second or third rarest based on a set of statistics I read. And we're a threat to all types. We challange the Alphas to create things that wont destroy us, we challenge the Gammas to match their concepts and products etc. with humanism and we challenge their wars, and we challenge the Deltas to recognize the individual and the individuals desire and rights to sovereignty.
    I never studied Model B but I really relate to a lot of what you talk about here and your thought process, you seem to grasp the socionics systems like how I would interpret it, mind if I ask you if you are a guy or a girl?

1)

2)