Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Comments?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Comments?

    Any thoughts about the type of this man, based on a description (this isn't related my other typing post):

    compassionate
    selfless
    modest
    loyal and reliable
    down-to-earth
    realistic
    quiet determination and dignity
    considerate
    gentle on the outside and strong on the inside
    kind
    hard-working
    high ideals
    always on the side of good
    thoughtful
    wise
    cautious
    reticent
    sensible
    logical/rational
    assured

    Five

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Perhaps you could order the characteristics as to how you perceive their relative strength?

    As it stands, I'd just say that my first impression - to be revised against further evidence - is ISFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure whether I could order them well. But I'm not sure about whether this person is a Feeler. He is a planner who remains pretty unemotional, stable and level-headed. He is also not timid - he is quiet but not under-confident.

    Five

  4. #4
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Five
    But I'm not sure about whether this person is a Feeler. He is a planner
    ISFjs are very much planners, precisely because of weak . They don't feel confident with not planning precisely because of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Five
    who remains pretty unemotional, stable and level-headed.
    Strong in ISFjs is more visible in their strong personal ethics and ideals than in being touchy-feely or highly "emotional" in the sense of always outwardly expressing ther emotions. Their role function may make them appear cold when they're not. They may even have a self-image of being logical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Five
    He is also not timid - he is quiet but not under-confident.
    ISFjs have tons of , so they're not timid.

    The above is especially true for sensory subtypes ISFjs - they are very easily mistaken for ISTjs. The difference becomes clear in that they tend to make decisions and judgements with base on ethics and principles ( ) rather than logic ( ).

    Still, without knowing the weight the person you described gives to and , he could also be ISTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  5. #5
    Creepy-

    Default

    Being an Ethical type doesn't necessarily mean that the person is effusive. I can vouch for ISFj's being pretty stable, at least on the surface.

  6. #6
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    I can vouch for ISFj's being pretty stable, at least on the surface.
    That's exactly it. Thanks!
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like an ISFJ...
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's compassionate and upholds justice because of his feelings that it is the right thing to do - he doesn't seem emotionally involved with those he helps. He is, first and foremost, a wise, thoughtful, intelligent, perceptive person. He's generally sober (in the sense of never being flustered).

    Five

  9. #9
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Five
    He's compassionate and upholds justice because of his feelings that it is the right thing to do - he doesn't seem emotionally involved with those he helps. He is, first and foremost, a wise, thoughtful, intelligent, perceptive person. He's generally sober (in the sense of never being flustered).
    All of that confirms further that he's likely an ISFj.

    If you were expecting a different answer - like, what, ISTj? - I think you do not fully understand especially in ISFjs.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  10. #10
    Creepy-

    Default

    hehe, there is a chance he is assuming all ethical types are like his effusive Beta cousins. You know, the attention-seeking function :wink:

  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Five

    I may be wrong but my impression is that you had already decided that he was ISTj and was expecting us to confirm it. The fact that we're all saying "ISFj" is leaving you disoriented.

    Further, you find it difficult to abandon your preconceived perception of types as being all outwardly emotional.

    Am I right?

    If I am, that is a good example of the ISTj hidden agenda at work.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12
    Creepy-

    Default

    He easily earns other people’s trust. He is polite, tactful, has fine esthetical taste and knows how to apply it. He knows for sure who loves whom, who hates whom, who wants (either what or whom), who influences whom and why. A moralist, often is distinguished by the sharpness of his comments. He perfectly remembers both good and evil, and considers it necessary to “repay” for them. He values friendship very much and does not forgive treason. However, he is not constant in love before marriage, because considers impossible to keep on relations that are exhausted. He does not like those who are incapable of loving. He regulates relations not as much by words but by voice tone and expressive look. He does not reveal emotions much, and so appears cold-blooded. Often he does not look directly into his interlocutor’s eyes, as though in order not burn him down. A complicated ethical situation inspires him.
    (ISFj)

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll admit I suspected ISTj ...





























    ... because I was describing myself.

    Five

  14. #14
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok then, would you say you base your decisions and judgements more on cold logic or on your ethical principles?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Normally I'd say cold logic, but that might just be my self-image ...

    How about you give me an example decision to make and I'd show my reasoning?

    (Even if this test turns me out as an ISFj, we'd still have to consider how all the Betas get the sense of connection from me.)

    Five

  16. #16
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly I can't give you an easy example.

    The problem is that you emphasized the ethical aspects in your description, while only mentioning "logical" at the end, almost as an afterthought. That is why we thought ISFj rather than ISTj.

    The role function in ISTjs manifests itself as a need to be dutiful and fulfill commitments, while the role function in ISFjs is manifested as a need to argue cases logically, even if in the end their conclusions are reached ethically.

    I think you're more likely ISTj than ISFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The list that came about was a modification of this list:

    thoughtful
    considerate
    compassionate
    gentle
    kind
    intelligent
    high ideals
    wide-minded
    quiet determination and dignity
    strong and assured type instead of the strong and silent type

    This list was the result of a question that I asked my father ("how do I come across/what is my demeanour?"). I guess the fact that I added so many 'feely' qualities like modesty and humility without really mentioning the logical mind and so on probably gave you an impression of ISFj.

    Five

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess that I must be an example of the ethical, gentle, very kind type of ISTj.

    Five

  19. #19
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OR an ISFj with a relatively developed role function.

    If you really want to find out, I suggest taking a few tests - both rmcnew's and Hugo's - and provide more information on intertype relationships.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •