Thread: Intertype Relationships

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Intertype Relationships

I think that one of the big misconceptions that people sometimes make is that if you get along really well with someone, they are a compatible type, or if you don't get along well at all with someone, they are conflicting. I think that one thing that has to be taken into account is how nice/cruel someone is. A really nice person is going to get along well with most people. A really cruel person would have a hard time with most people, even causing some people to hate them, regardless of whether or not the other person is a conflicting type.

Let's look at an example. Suppose someone is a really vicious parent, and they have several children. They abuse their children. They run their home like it is a concentration camp. These children will probably hate such a parent. This is a completely plausible scenario. Which is more likely: the children are all of conflicting types to the parent, or the children simply don't like the parent because they are vicious? Just because we don't get along with someone does not mean that they are a conflicting type. Likewise, just because we get along with someone does not mean that they are a compatible type. Life is more complicated than what is stated in socionics. This does not mean that the intertype relationships are generally untrue. It only means that there can be circumstances that socionics cannot account for. For example, having mental problems is beyond the scope of socionics. Remember that next time you consider someone to be of a compatible or conflicting type.

Jason

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Jumps in to kick dead horse*

[smartass] Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious. [/smartass]

Seriously though, things like that are pointed out quite a bit but I don't think it'll keep some people from making those types of correlations when it comes to typing people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ceteris paribus

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO! you keep posting that this forum have these misconceptions.
    maybe you're the one with these misconceptions when you started reading about socionics.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    LMAO! you keep posting that this forum have these misconceptions.
    maybe you're the one with these misconceptions when you started reading about socionics.
    I'm not sure how to interpret this. You certainly didn't analyze any of my arguments, but I'm not sure if it is a personal attack. If it is, I'm getting sick and tired about getting personally attacked around here. And it brings to question why people can't be civil and not resort to cheap shots. However, if you're not attacking me, then what I said doesn't apply to you.

Jason