Little background info; my brother is ISFP 26 years old.

He's been unemployed for approximately 10 months, well not unemployed since he's not looking for one. His daily schedule is waking up around 10 or 11oclock, then watching some tv and movies online and going out at around 5pm to go to the gym or hang out with his esfj bestfriend. He mostly goes out at that particularly time to avoid talking to dad who is ISFJ coming home from work. naturally there's conflict.

He has a good comp-sci degree and could easily find work if he chose to. He complain that his back hurts and that he has no luck. This is partly due to him being laid off due to his job being shipped to India. The part about luck doesn't sit well with me because I think you are partially responsible for your own luck. If you do nothing then nothing happens, no?

He has about 20,000 dollars and seems pretty content about that fact which I think assures him that he really doesn't have to do anything right now. He pays no rent or utilities so that amount could go for a long time. He seems stuck in a rut and I want to help him get going, and this is the money question, how can I help him get moving and be more active? I dont want any silly answers please(SEI and ambition thread didnt talk about ambitions at all, ironic?)

he was talking about moving out couple of months ago, since he and ISFJ dad do not get along at all, and I do think that this will help him in a way. But that 20k is not that much money without a job, we live in a pretty expensive city, Im thinking this scenario will pretty much force him to get a job which will help him in the end? surround himself with other Alpha or Fe types? As of now, i think moving out is the best option for him. all he really seem to want is to laugh and joke around.

So, you can speak now. Im an istp if you are curious.