Thread: How do Delta types go about "settling down"?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do Delta types go about "settling down"?

I'm curious how each of the Delta types go about setting down.

I have an INFj friend with a new baby and it seems to me she'll probably be sitting on her living room floor with this child for probably the rest of her life. I don't think she's seen the sky in a while. This idea scares me.

Is this why ENFps and ISTps go together? Because we'd rather like, take the baby around the world (like Angelina Jolie does?)

I'm also wondering which types are most afraid of setting down.

Input please.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my type.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    my type.
    And what is your type?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the consensus lately is INTp but ISTp has also been suggested. this could just be a "me" thing, but i pretty much share your sentiment. the idea of settling down is some weirdly ambivalent topic for me.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very afraid of settling down but at the same time, I really like the idea of having security and knowing everything is "all right" and "secure". The odd thing is that when I do settle down for the time being, I have the urge to pick up and go and change everything and break free from it. I don't think I could ever actually settle down for good...I think that's when you've officially died a little inside.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm very afraid of settling down but at the same time, I really like the idea of having security and knowing everything is "all right" and "secure". The odd thing is that when I do settle down for the time being, I have the urge to pick up and go and change everything and break free from it. I don't think I could ever actually settle down for good...I think that's when you've officially died a little inside.
    yeah, i know what you mean. heh. i love and hate the idea of the security that comes with being "settled."
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for us the idea of 'settling down' is other's idea of 'horribly unstable'.

Well I say fuck everyone else. Jewels, let's run away.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh - I thought Deltas were about picket fences and aboveground swimming pools and so forth. :-P
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to have kids mostly because most of the women I've come across want someone they can boss around or are utterly CRAZY.

That and I hate being tied down to anything.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh. Glad it's not just me.

Implied, you sound kinda ISTp maybe? At least, you share the fear of committment

Jem...I think the picket fence/swimming pool thing is the ESTj and INFjs...and wow do they do a great job with it. They build such amazing lives it makes me consider settling at times! But then I remember that I lack their patience (well, at least the INFj's patience).

Okay LVG, where shall we run away? Europe? Some random country? Whatever works. Let's all go and build up some unstable lives, only to then move somewhere else. Sound good? We can gather up all the ISTps and ENFps and go LOL.

I guess it's not really "unstable" as long as you have somewhere to live for the time being, and enough money to buy stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Jem...I think the picket fence/swimming pool thing is the ESTj and INFjs...and wow do they do a great job with it. They build such amazing lives it makes me consider settling at times! But then I remember that I lack their patience (well, at least the INFj's patience).
    My friend is ESTj and I can totally see him settling down for a white picket fence and nice car yadda yadda. I'm just like "hey man whatever makes you happy"

Okay LVG, where shall we run away? Europe? Some random country? Whatever works. Let's all go and build up some unstable lives, only to then move somewhere else. Sound good? We can gather up all the ISTps and ENFps and go LOL.
    Hrm, go first you mean? Europe would be an easy starting point since you can go from there, then travel to Asia and then Africa without to much fuss then kind of do a clockwise travel to end up in the states. the hell with canada.

I guess it's not really "unstable" as long as you have somewhere to live for the time being, and enough money to buy stuff.
    You know, I don't consider it unstable either if you continue to love each other throughout.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    You know, I don't consider it unstable either if you continue to love each other throughout.
    You describe my sentiments exactly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend is ESTj and I can totally see him settling down for a white picket fence and nice car yadda yadda. I'm just like "hey man whatever makes you happy"

Hrm, go first you mean? Europe would be an easy starting point since you can go from there, then travel to Asia and then Africa without to much fuss then kind of do a clockwise travel to end up in the states. the hell with canada.

i agree with you guys about this. i moved away from home 2000 miles and was ready to travel wherever the winds took me, seeing all kinds of places. the idea of sitting and watching tv every night after working freaked me out. i wanted to go and do and see and live!

and then i fell in love. he lived here and wasn't going anywhere. so, i stayed and we've built a "stable" life together. and it's true, our love is what keeps us stable wherever we are, whatever we're doing. because we don't "look" stable to a lot of people.

i miss being able to go and do more things....but i know as our kids get older we will. i guess the stability of their emotional selves is more important to me as they are littler.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh. Glad it's not just me.
    Let's all go and build up some unstable lives, only to then move somewhere else. Sound good? We can gather up all the ISTps and ENFps and go LOL.
    Oooohhh, that sounds fun. I'm in!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*raises hand* I am in.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3 ENFp's/ISTp's!!!!!! How cool are we!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    We are rather warm actually.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    We are rather warm actually.
    More like a perfect balance of warm/cool.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, that's where the ENTp/ISFp combo win on the whole 'unstable' living thing. Money, place to live - pfft - who needs those if you're together? :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. I think when you meet the right sort of person you're not going to care whether you're 'settled.' You won't give a damn that you just spent the past month cuddling your baby (You'll probably be so tired you can't do anything else anyway, hahahhaha) I think if you want your life a certain way you have the power to make it that way. Your significant other is your partner, not your chain. I have a commitmentphobic side, but that's only b/c I'm reacting to the stereotype of being 'settled'... it depends on my mood.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just don't forget to bring that blueberry pie...uh...q...si....what's your face.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Meh. I think when you meet the right sort of person you're not going to care whether you're 'settled.' You won't give a damn that you just spent the past month cuddling your baby (You'll probably be so tired you can't do anything else anyway, hahahhaha) I think if you want your life a certain way you have the power to make it that way. Your significant other is your partner, not your chain. I have a commitmentphobic side, but that's only b/c I'm reacting to the stereotype of being 'settled'... it depends on my mood.
    Of course you have the power to make it that way. It's just that certain types get in my fucking way!

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you have the power to make it that way. It's just that certain types get in my fucking way!
    Hahaha, so true...

I have a commitmentphobic side...
    Me too...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, you guys forgot South America. I really wanna see Macchu Picchu. And llamas. I <3 llamas.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I included it, we'd start at the tip of southern america. I'd look a bit like a culture abandoner if I didn't include my own

That and cmon.... tacos.

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to hit a piñata.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, you guys forgot South America. I really wanna see Macchu Picchu. And llamas. I <3 llamas.
    Oh yeah, definitely. Macchu Picchu is a must! No worries. You want llamas, we'll get llamas. I, for one, <3 monkeys. So...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh.. oops.. there I go not reading everything again. Okay, llamas, check, monkeys, check... I'm gonna contribute my special talent: I'll take you sailing around the Carribbean when we wind our way back here...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want llamas, we'll get llamas. I, for one, <3 monkeys. So...
    She wants to see a llama not to ride one, geez... and monkeys are everywhere girl, not sure what's your point...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gay sex
    Last edited by istpunk; 07-17-2008 at 08:27 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    This is what I've noticed in terms of parenting styles of the following Sensor Thinker types:
    Wrong thread, dickhead!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Input please.
    I don't know! I don't live a crazy life - and never have - so I'm not sure how I could settle down any more, beyond starting a family. But a family isn't necessarily inherent to 'settling down'. I suppose in another way it means committing to someone. But as likely mentioned, that doesn't mean you can't do interesting things.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious how each of the Delta types go about setting down.

I have an INFj friend with a new baby and it seems to me she'll probably be sitting on her living room floor with this child for probably the rest of her life. I don't think she's seen the sky in a while. This idea scares me.

Is this why ENFps and ISTps go together? Because we'd rather like, take the baby around the world (like Angelina Jolie does?)

I'm also wondering which types are most afraid of setting down.

Input please.
    I think that the only thing that can prevent an ENFp male from running around thru his Ne is an ISTp female, well- grounded as they usually are...with Si,......perhaps ENFp doesn't really know how to settle down till he feels this presence..........can say i felt it before but it caught me by surprise....will have to wait and see again....

(i've tried some of the other delta and non-delta energies and Si was by far the most welcoming...although somewhat difficult to understand at first..almost like running in a new engine....

I unfortunately can't speak for the other types...
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA