Thread: the temperament, club, function, etc you find most attractive

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the temperament, club, function, etc. you find most attractive

From my experience, the most attractive thing to me is an IJ temperament, followed by creative Se. Fi dominance is necessary to make a relationship last though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could a mod change this topic's title to "the temperament, club, function, etc. you find most attractive" please?
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ep definitely, they're so much more energetic, makes me more energetic in a way, though being around ExFps also relaxes me. creative Fi types are the most comfortable to hang out with. Se and Ne dominants are both cool.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

temperament: EP - love the spontaneity and ability to bring me into experience
    club: ST - the grounded coolness really balances me out
    function: Se - similar to EP, it brings me into experience, kind of smacks me in the face with reality.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say I find the ExTJs the most obviously attractive, but they would have to be comfortable to using Fi or at least receptive to it. I generally don't think I'd be able to deal with someone who is reliant on Se or Ti, because those are what grate me the most, and maybe Fe as well. Ni I'm fine with. I haven't met too many F type men, or at least noticed them, so I'm not sure about them yet.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si... Fi, romantically, (in small doses it is very meaningful.) I respect Ni a lot.

As to club, I guess NF... A lot of imagination.

Temperament... Ip... I'm predisposed to liking at least a few types from all of the temperaments, clubs, etc. For those I'm not, I just have to work a little harder.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno..

club probably NT. function: Fe. not sure about temperament.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times have you asked this question? Don't the results almost always turn out to be the temperament of the individual's dual?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't know...some IJ are bitchy and very non-responsive, some IJ's are cool and also slightly extraverted when they want to; some EP's are crazy and completely impulsive, some EP's are just fun to be around and always veeery happy-go-lucky about everything; some EJ's have great sense of humor and are always on the go, some EJ's are just restless and stressed and overworked...so on
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    I would say I find the ExTJs the most obviously attractive, but they would have to be comfortable to using Fi or at least receptive to it.
    By definition, LSE's and LIE's have weak Fi, but they value it and need it from others.

I haven't met too many F type men, or at least noticed them, so I'm not sure about them yet.
    Most men (people, really) are ethical types. (A lot of men do try to look like logical types though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    How many times have you asked this question? Don't the results almost always turn out to be the temperament of the individual's dual?
    It appears I didn't word the question clearly... I meant for people to list their favorite thing out of all of the possibilities (possibly also naming a second and third), not listing the answer for each.

Anyways, I think it's important to focus on the things we like more than we focus on the things we don't like.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, look.to.the.sky, if you find that you're more attracted to social extroverts than social introverts, you may want to reconsider your type (SLI's/ISTp's are among the most socially introverted types). Have you looked at EII/INFj and IEI/INFp?

The functions/information elements in socionics are different from the functions/information elements in MBTT, so you may find that you can dislike a function/information element in one theory and like it in the other. I'd suggest starting with EII though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NF.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    Ep definitely, they're so much more energetic, makes me more energetic in a way, though being around ExFps also relaxes me. creative Fi types are the most comfortable to hang out with. Se and Ne dominants are both cool.
    I was going to offer my own response to this thread, but this one captures it perfectly.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Also, look.to.the.sky, if you find that you're more attracted to social extroverts than social introverts, you may want to reconsider your type (SLI's/ISTp's are among the most socially introverted types). Have you looked at EII/INFj and IEI/INFp?

The functions/information elements in socionics are different from the functions/information elements in MBTT, so you may find that you can dislike a function/information element in one theory and like it in the other. I'd suggest starting with EII though.
    In all attempts to not be rude, I think that this theory isn't so static to think that everyone pretty much MUST follow certain behaviors to be a certain type. You're not coming off this way to me just yet, but I feel like it leads to that thought. Though, if I was to reconsider my type, I think I'd be an INFj, because the functions and relations to other quadras seem rather fitting, and just from how I relate to other people and general self-knowledge excuses. I do have a few things that don't fit with the typical ENFp, but I would say I generally fit everything else and feel very comfortable as one, pretty much never questioned it. This could be because I did indeed come from MBTT before coming here, so who really knows until we get into a conversation about me

Either way, I think I like I and E types equally, and my history has been with I types, but because of my frustration with such types, I find more comfort in certain E types. I may have very well just encountered unhealthy/jerkfaces of I types, so who knows It's like me saying I prefer N types because for whatever reason we have similar interests, so it is why I feel like I'm attracted to ENTjs the most. The again I could be blending Socionics theory with MBTT into my own loopy concept of people, but who knows, it works so far.

I didn't mean for this to become an essay about me, sorry But in your previous response to me, I think I might be trapped in the MBTT way of thinking when it comes to these preferences, because I wouldn't have taken most men to be F types, but then again, I could be comparing them to myself and they come off more T-like. I'll have to think it all over

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    In all attempts to not be rude, I think that this theory isn't so static to think that everyone pretty much MUST follow certain behaviors to be a certain type.
    You're correct, but I do think that most IxTp's are socially introverted.

You're not coming off this way to me just yet, but I feel like it leads to that thought. Though, if I was to reconsider my type, I think I'd be an INFj, because the functions and relations to other quadras seem rather fitting, and just from how I relate to other people and general self-knowledge excuses. I do have a few things that don't fit with the typical ENFp, but I would say I generally fit everything else and feel very comfortable as one, pretty much never questioned it. This could be because I did indeed come from MBTT before coming here, so who really knows until we get into a conversation about me

Either way, I think I like I and E types equally, and my history has been with I types, but because of my frustration with such types, I find more comfort in certain E types. I may have very well just encountered unhealthy/jerkfaces of I types, so who knows It's like me saying I prefer N types because for whatever reason we have similar interests, so it is why I feel like I'm attracted to ENTjs the most. The again I could be blending Socionics theory with MBTT into my own loopy concept of people, but who knows, it works so far.

I didn't mean for this to become an essay about me, sorry But in your previous response to me, I think I might be trapped in the MBTT way of thinking when it comes to these preferences, because I wouldn't have taken most men to be F types, but then again, I could be comparing them to myself and they come off more T-like. I'll have to think it all over
    Chances are you're correct. As for your type, only time will tell. The easiest way to get a feel for which of a mirror pair you are though is to compare temperament descriptions.

Are you mobile and impulsive (and most attracted to relaxed, go with the flow people)?

Or are you calm and balanced (and most attracted to restless, proactive people)?
    SEE

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't want this thread to turn into all about me, so maybe we can take this to PM or something else if you are interested

And by this comment:

Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky
    In all attempts to not be rude, I think that this theory isn't so static to think that everyone pretty much MUST follow certain behaviors to be a certain type.

You're correct, but I do think that most IxTp's are socially introverted.
    I meant to my own preferences. Like, just because I'm extraverted doesn't mean I nessecarily should be more attracted to introverted types. According to this theory, yes, my dual and most pleasant relation is with an Introvert, but my personal experiences in life and the people that have surrounded me most likely shape what I do and do not prefer when being attracted to people. So let's say, for example, in my life I've been around numerous IxTp types, and for whatever reason I've mostly noted the negatives of these types and start to build a preference against these types. It's not that my type is incorrect or changing, it's just my experiences outside of this theory.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.us/theory/ext_int.shtml

I don't know if others relate to this as strongly as I do, but the "like to involve others and don't appreciate others trying to involve them" vs. "like to be involved by others and don't appreciate others who expect them to involve them" preference is clear in me.

I do get along well with extroverts too though, of course.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience, the most attractive thing to me is an IJ temperament, followed by creative Se. Fi dominance is necessary to make a relationship last though.
    But how much of that is influenced by your knowledge of Socionics? Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, I remember that a few years ago, when you thought you were SEI, you said that you found smart, intellectual people (which in context seemed to imply NT-club, especially ILE types) attractive, and I think you mentioned some actor or T.V. character who you reminded you of ILE that you thought was really hot.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    But how much of that is influenced by your knowledge of Socionics?
    Well, considering all but one of my relationships occurred before I understood anything about relationships, probably not much. All but one of my relationships has been with an IJ type and most with Se creative types.

(Granted, "most" means three in this case, but it's still true. )

Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, I remember that a few years ago, when you thought you were SEI, you said that you found smart, intellectual people (which in context seemed to imply NT-club, especially ILE types) attractive, and I think you mentioned some actor or T.V. character who you reminded you of ILE that you thought was really hot.

There's a chance I said something like that back during my "super confused about socionics and myself" days. I still find intelligent people attractive... I don't think that's type related though. If I had mentioned a particular TV character I don't remember who it was or why I found that person attractive.
    SEE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find Postive/Result the most attractive socionics trait. IMO it is a form of thought that never misses the point and always has something good to offer to the discussion. It is energizing and inspiring.

Positive/Result :: ISTp, ESFj, INFp, ENTj

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm attracted to social introverts, and I'm socially introverted myself. They are more sexy/erotic to me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'm attracted to extroverts... I'm just attracted to introverts more.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, now that I think about it, the only extroverts I've ever really been attracted to have all been in my quadra.

There are only two possible exceptions that comes to mind. One is a Fi creative type that I was once mildly attracted to, but if he's IEE he'd have to be a strong Fi subtype (I don't find Ne dominance at all attractive). The other is a very strong Se subtype SLE (that was a very short lived relationship, if you could call even it that).

On the other hand, I've been attracted to introverts from every quadra (at least one person of every type except the Si dominants, actually).
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah.. i think i attract beta NF and SF club except ESFp.

probably most attracted to Ixxp type.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I don't find Ne dominance at all attractive)
    LOL. This forum is rather unique. We make comments like that in the same way as "I don't find guidos at all hot."
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Temperament: IJ and Ej

Clubs: Humanitarians and Researchers

Functions: Fi, Ti, Se, Te, Ni

Negativists, Constructivists, Democratic, Declaring (I like their long masturbatory monologues as an Asking fellow)

D-A cog, H-P cog

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Temperament: dunno

Clubs: ST/NF > NT > SF

Functions: Fe, Ni, Se-creative, Se-HA

Cogstyles: C-D > D-A & 1D Ti > V-S/H-P > other kinds of D-A

Reinin: Decisive, Strategic also Asking, Dynamic, Aristocratic are cool