Thread: Fi base vs Fe creative

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi base vs Fe creative

Sometimes I find it hard to differentiate btwn the two. Especially if you don't know the person well and are just trying to type them from a single conversation or interview. I think Fe creatives who are Ni or Si subtypes, in particular, can easily be mistaken for Fi-dominants.

Any tips on how to tell them apart?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    by role is a possibility. like it's often the first function used with people. so with Fi 1sts, it will be Ti and they might look thoughtful or analytical (as opposed to 1st Ti-s, who will smile and look friendly/greet sincerely, engage in being polite, etc. Like even the whole conversation, or at least a significant part of the start of it might be in such shape. i'm not into subtypes much so can't say much about them.

also, you might notice that you are being judged, feelings are concealed from you in the case with Fi 1sts, whereas with Fe 2nds, you should not have it, the communication would be more emotionally transparent, etc.

i think this bit illustrates it quite well too:
    Mm - yeah, I relate a lot to Redbaron's comment. That's a good point.

I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from re people using their role function. Wouldn't their dual-seeking function be more apparent than their role? And do you mean it's a conscious or an unconscious thing? I, personally, wouldn't have a clue how to go about using Ni.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    I don't always feel judged by Fi dominants; I often feel understood and befriended.

It's more often that I'll feel judged by those with weak ethics.
    Do you relate to using Si on first contact with people?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Creative --> "I like this person, so, I am gonna get closer to him/her"
    Base --> "This person is popular/useful/rich/whatever, so, I am gonna get closer to him in spite of I hate him/her"
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Base --> "This person is popular/useful/rich/whatever, so, I am gonna get closer to him in spite of I hate him/her"
    Do I smell Fi polr? There's no point in posting useless things that have no foundation, you obviously have no idea of what Fi is. Fi has nothing to do with opportunism or taking advantage of things (that has more to do with Ne). Being a gold digger also has absolutely nothing to do with Fi. I probably shouldn't even reply but it's too late now.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

PolR off

Base people are bad non-ethical gold diggers
    Creative people are, at least, nice people even when they are gold digging.

PolR on

Thanks for the feedback
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting, thanks for the feedback.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PolR off

PolR on

Thanks for the feedback
    Te falta la mente que pueda entender ):
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PolR off

PolR on

Thanks for the feedback
    Thanks for improving your definition of Fi, I'm afraid it couldn't get more accurate than that. (don't forget to add it to wikisocion!)

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of those moments where everyone else gets pissed off with someone when I'm sitting here assuming they're being satirical. The question is...am I the one who misinterprets? I shall ponder this...bah, who am I kidding, of course I won't. My mind's far too easily distracted to post something so insignificant.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    This is one of those moments where everyone else gets pissed off with someone when I'm sitting here assuming they're being satirical. The question is...am I the one who misinterprets? I shall ponder this...bah, who am I kidding, of course I won't. My mind's far too easily distracted to post something so insignificant.
    agreed.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Creative --> "I like this person, so, I am gonna get closer to him/her"
    Creative --> I dunno well if I really like this person or not and it's not super-important, but atm I'm gonna socialize and be nice, especially if they don't show hostility. who knows what can happen when I'm a different mood.

Base --> "This person is beautiful/interesting/endearing/whatever. I like this person, so I am gonna get closer to them slowly and see where we stand with each other.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    ^ from my experience:

Subject-detached --> "I like him because he has these ethical qualities ie. "He's a nice guy, he does this for others, one time he, everybody thinks he's nice etc." It's about the object,
    him.

Subject-dependent --> "I like him because we get along well, we click, we seem to find a lot of commonality, "one time we, he made me laugh etc." It's about the subject involvement,
    you, your personal relationship with him.
    Don't know how accurate that is but it's from my experience.
    This sounds a lot more accurate than anything else I've read. People attribute too much emotion to Fe when in reality it's just a really really dry impersonal way of making decisions about something.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi bases arent as animated.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Creative --> I dunno well if I really like this person or not and it's not super-important, but atm I'm gonna socialize and be nice, especially if they don't show hostility. who knows what can happen when I'm a different mood.

Base --> "This person is beautiful/interesting/endearing/whatever. I like this person, so I am gonna get closer to them slowly and see where we stand with each other.
    ^ from my experience:

Subject-detached --> "I like him because he has these ethical qualities ie. "He's a nice guy, he does this for others, one time he, everybody thinks he's nice etc." It's about the object,
    him.

Subject-dependent --> "I like him because we get along well, we click, we seem to find a lot of commonality, "one time we, he made me laugh etc." It's about the subject involvement,
    Thanks guys, this continues to confirm to me that i'm Fe. (or at least Fe-valuing).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ from my experience:

him.

Broadly speaking, I don't disagree with the Fi emphasis on Subject, fields, and affinity. But I doubt Fi people are actually not aware of the qualities they like in a person and only pay attention to what they incidentally feel themselves. Imo Fi is more comprehensive than "one time he made me laugh." It's about personality resonance (which you otherwise suggested).

However note that my answer was addressing the OP -- how can you differentiate the two in a simple conversation/interview if you don't know the person. Your description has broader implications...kinda like what's the difference between Fi and Fe in general.

And I actually think your Fe is more about Fe base than Fe creative. Fe creative also has a basis of "fields in motion" before getting to the Object part. Besides as a dynamic function it is definitely focused on interaction. "what does our/their (social) dynamic look like? How does the person react to teasing or trying to shake emotions up? What can I gain if I befriend that person? What do other ppl think about them? etc."
    Last edited by Amber; 04-26-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is fleeting, moment based.

Fi is lasting, more of a "forever" thing or semblance of it.

the static/dynamic quality is way more helpful than i/e for comprehending it.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an ILI sharing an awkward moment with a bunch of douchy socialites / court flatterers: