View Poll Results: What functions are most prone do give the suggestibility trait as a role function?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extroverted Intuition

2 66.67%
  • Introverted Intuition

2 66.67%
  • Extroverted Sensing

3 100.00%
  • Introverted Sensing

1 33.33%
  • Extroverted Logic

1 33.33%
  • Introverted Logic

3 100.00%
  • Extroverted Ethics

2 66.67%
  • Introverted Ethics

2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Feedback for a new theory dichotomy

Creepy-Pied Piper

Default Feedback for a new theory dichotomy

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're suggesting that Beta Quadra is entirely suggestible (i.e. the most flexible)? And that Delta is entirely non-suggestible (i.e. the most rigid)? I find myself fairly skeptical of that, personally. Nevertheless I can see where you're going with your argument and there is some merit in it. For myself, Ti is suggestible to a valid argument, but only if it fits within the structure. After all it is subjective to Ne. Fe seems quite obviously suggestible. Se, not really an Se user, but I would assume that it is suggestible. Ni, I'm a little more skeptical. Why should Ni be suggestible?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    So you're suggesting that Beta Quadra is entirely suggestible (i.e. the most flexible)? And that Delta is entirely non-suggestible (i.e. the most rigid)? I find myself fairly skeptical of that, personally. Nevertheless I can see where you're going with your argument and there is some merit in it. For myself, Ti is suggestible to a valid argument, but only if it fits within the structure. After all it is subjective to Ne. Fe seems quite obviously suggestible. Se, not really an Se user, but I would assume that it is suggestible. Ni, I'm a little more skeptical. Why should Ni be suggestible?
    he did mention "in the role function" so its probably the other way around (Delta being the "suggestible" ones)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think I'm very suggestible. And I can get kind of annoyed at people who aren't. I think my ESE husband is also quite suggestible (more than you might think initially about an EJ temperament). And I like that about him. I had an SEI friend who's non-suggestible--when he makes a decision there's no looking back. Also it seems that non-suggestible people are more likely to be followers of the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law, which bugs me. I feel like things are changing all the time and one should be open to new information that could inform one's decisions. Do you think suggestible vs. non-suggestible has anything to do with static vs. dynamic?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think lesser-suggestible people are probably extremists.... This seems way too subjective. Suggestible on what criterion? If it fits with what makes sense to oneself, and the suggestion is demonstrably better than what one has already embraced (more developed), then I imagine it would be accepted. Anything else requires reduced confidence.

Or are you arguing that the role function is validated by suggestion? Yes, that is true, because the role and suggestive foreground elements have both the same sign and temperament.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 06-14-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like your hypothesis, but for it to be working you necessarily have to implant a little modification:

each dual pair should have a suggestible and a non-suggestible type, in order to balance the interaction.

You should also consider that your analysis is a bit partial - you're a member of the alpha quadra so you will naturally find extraverted logic and introverted ethics to be in direct contrast with your introverted logica and extraverted ethics.

But anyway I like the gist of the idea.

My opinion is that suggestibility should be connected to dynamic and static positivism/empowering. In this sense suggestible types are:

IJ-Ti, IJ-Fi, EJ-Ni, EJ-Si, EP-Ne, EP-Se

and by exclusion you get the non-suggestible types.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 06-13-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, so it's a subtype-like theory. Interesting, keep us posted.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    but wouldn't that make 12 suggestible types and 4 non-suggestible types?
    IP-Te (2), IP-Fe(2), IJ-Se(2), EJ-Fe(2), EJ-Te(2), IJ-Ne(2), EP-Ti(2), EP-Fi(2) would be the non-suggestible types.

I'm using a subtype classification here
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request