Thread: type me?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type me?

Well, I thought I was definitely an ENTp, and then I thought I had myself nailed as INFp. But after I took Rick's test and got IEE, I started re-rethinking my type. So I'm curious how y'all would type me... and take my declaration of INFpness in my signature with a grain of salt.

My biggest passion in life is probably music. I enjoy both writing and playing music 'cause it lets you express emotions that are deeper and more complex than words really allow for. Writing music is fun because it's an outlet for spontaneous emotional expression and intellectual exercise all in one. Playing music is fun too because the music builds on your emotion, and the music enhances your emotion, and it's sort of like an ongoing loop. And music sounds cool.

I've also been really active in radical politics for a few years. More generally, I think this interest in radical politics reflects my belief that if everyone were more open minded / imaginative and had the guts to look at things in new ways and experiment with new ways of doing things, the world would be a much better place. I originally typed myself ENTp because I tend to have a lot of out-of-the-box ideas that people are more or less indifferent to, skeptical of, or even hostile towards... but then I moved past the stereotype that originality = Ne.

Anyway, hopefully this is enough info to get you started -- if you want me to elaborate on something or have questions, please ask! I'm really curious what my socionics type is, partly because I'm still in the process of deciding whether socionics is a bunch of bullshit (even two years after discovering it), and being able to settle on a definite type would enable me to make a more informed decision as well as give me a definite point to build my knowledge of socionics from. I'd post pictures for VI, but I don't have a digital camera.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question. Name 5 to 10 things that you really admire in a partner. (traits that your perfect partner would have).

Name the weirdest thing that the perfect partner would not have. (everyone might say that they don't want a cheater and a liar for a partner, but I want to know about a trait that some people might admire, but you just don't understand.)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    I have a question. Name 5 to 10 things that you really admire in a partner. (traits that your perfect partner would have).

Name the weirdest thing that the perfect partner would not have. (everyone might say that they don't want a cheater and a liar for a partner, but I want to know about a trait that some people might admire, but you just don't understand.)
    - being positive / supportive -- overly-critical / negative people drive me craaaaaaazy
    - having said that, someone who's also willing to say what they think when it's relevant (two points in, and I'm already starting to contradict myself )
    - decisiveness (to make up for my lack thereof )
    - good sense of humor / fun to be around, but also someone that understands if your feeling down and doesn't push it
    - open-mindedness
    - creativity

I'm not generally the sort of person who evaluates people with a checklist though.

With a lot of people I know (of both sexes), dressing well and having a good sense of style is a must-have with a partner. Personally, I don't really care about this quality in other people... it just seems really shallow. Like, shit, I care about who you are, not how you dress.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)