Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47

Thread: Types of conspiracy theorists

  1. #1
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Types of conspiracy theorists

    I would like to know which types are most common among conspiracy theorists?


    To define conspiracy theorists, I've found a site with some common characteristics.

    http://www.urban75.org/info/conspiraloons.html

  2. #2
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For some reason, I think there are a few SLI conspiracy theorists. I think I met one, but I could also be pulling that out me bum.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  3. #3
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    8. Leaping to conclusions. Conspiracy theorists are very keen indeed to declare the "official" account totally discredited without having remotely enough cause so to do. Of course this enables them to wheel on the Conan Doyle quote as in 4. above. Small inconsistencies in the account of an event, small unanswered questions, small problems in timing of differences in procedure from previous events of the same kind are all more than adequate to declare the "official" account clearly and definitively discredited. It goes without saying that it is not necessary to prove that these inconsistencies are either relevant, or that they even definitely exist.
    Rationals (have a square in their 1st/3rd function)

    5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor. Aided by the principle in 4. above, conspiracy theorists never notice that the small inconsistencies in the accounts which they reject are dwarfed by the enormous, gaping holes in logic, likelihood and evidence in any alternative account.
    Anything in Alpha Quadrant
    Last edited by Nexus; 06-12-2008 at 12:02 AM.

  4. #4
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    Rationals
    What do squares have to do with anything? Pointing to squares does not offer a sufficient explanation as to why rationals would be more prone to leap to conclusions.

    Anything in Alpha Quadrant
    Bullshit.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  5. #5
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    do irrationals have square roots instead?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    What do squares have to do with anything? Pointing to squares does not offer a sufficient explanation as to why rationals would be more prone to leap to conclusions.

    Bullshit.
    I was just kidding, and anyways rationals are more likely to jump to conclusions because their socionics type ends in j for judgmental and not p for perceptive.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The essence of a conspiracy theory is the presence of and the absence of .

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    The essence of a conspiracy theory is the presence of and the absence of .
    Makes sense... unless the "conspiracy" is in fact a shared plan of action between people of similar beliefs, especially against those whom they think are plotting to violate their beliefs in some way. (when you see a conspiracy, you can bet the conspirators think someone is conspiring against them).

  8. #8
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    The essence of a conspiracy theory is the presence of and the absence of .
    I concur.

  9. #9
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    lot of bullshit in this thread
    you thought that too eh?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well let's ask the question "who would most likely be involved in a conspiracy?"

    Such a person would probably have five distinct traits:
    - a conservative traditionalist personality ("only I know how to get things done right, therefore I should have all the power and authority.")
    - object-oriented amoralism ("the masses cannot be trusted; one must choose wisely who to trust and who not to. Oh yeah... screw the masses! People are sheep!")
    - probably Te ego, because it's Te which sees where work can be done. (deal making)
    - better add on that obsessive dual-seeking trait for good measure (got to have a motive!)

    Example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_(Xenosaga)

  11. #11
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    lot of bullshit in this thread
    stfu Illuminati
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  12. #12
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    The essence of a conspiracy theory is the presence of and the absence of .
    Right.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  13. #13
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I am in ur world domination, controlling ur life?




    (sorry that sucked )
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  14. #14
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  16. #16
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I would like to know which types are most common among conspiracy theorists?


    To define conspiracy theorists, I've found a site with some common characteristics.

    http://www.urban75.org/info/conspiraloons.html
    Those characteristics seem very negative to me.

    Anyway, the guy I know who's most into conspiracy theories is a LSI. He's a firm believer in the moon landing hoax conspiracy theory. He pretty much brushes aside any evidence to the contrary.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  17. #17
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would argue that it's probably Alpha NT's that do the most conspiracy theorizing, it's a natural outcome of the Ne and Ti ensemble. Additionally, all those manipulative argumentation strategies that CTs use to convince people of their arguments are definitely stereotypical of Ti-ego/Fe-value. While EP's are probably less likely to do that much introspection on the subject of a conspiracy, I think it's definitely a natural consequence of IJ temperament with alpha NT. Also, from personal experience, most of the conspiracy theorists I know (as well as the most extreme ones) are LII. Probably Ne-LII, though.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  18. #18
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    I sense secret dealings and information afoot in this thread. I'd really like to know what "you" are attempting to accomplish

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I would argue that it's probably Alpha NT's that do the most conspiracy theorizing, it's a natural outcome of the Ne and Ti ensemble. Additionally, all those manipulative argumentation strategies that CTs use to convince people of their arguments are definitely stereotypical of Ti-ego/Fe-value. While EP's are probably less likely to do that much introspection on the subject of a conspiracy, I think it's definitely a natural consequence of IJ temperament with alpha NT. Also, from personal experience, most of the conspiracy theorists I know (as well as the most extreme ones) are LII. Probably Ne-LII, though.
    Probably correct, at least according to my real life experiences with Alpha NTs.

  20. #20
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Probably correct, at least according to my real life experiences with Alpha NTs.
    *Double take*

    Phaedrus...agrees? This is truly a miracle; that or I'm an oracle of resounding truth.

    I smell a conspiracy.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  21. #21
    Twist-Tie Spider iAnnAu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxhell TN
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    meh. I dunno about other SLI's. But conspiracies tend to be too convoluted for me to buy into. Not that I buy the official account either, but that I do think occam's razor's gotta step in at some point.
    I do in general think that once anything has become systematized/institutionalized, it represents a power over other humans, and that certain humans who feel a need to wield that power for their own insecure purposes will seek to gain a foothold in that system. Eventually, their unbalanced machinations subvert corners (and sometimes even the core) of the system, which is most often concealed under the belief that otherwise the people involved would lose the privileges gained. But that's not a (grand unified ) conspiracy theory, it's the observation of a trend. Religions are great examples of this - just think of the Catholic pedophilia coverup that was finally exposed a few years ago.
    It cracked me up when the church got all up in arms about The Davinci Code movie, trying to debunk it & all. It was a movie based on a novel, people! At *least* three separations from reality any fucking way.
    As for 9/11, I don't think our government set the whole thing up the way that I have read about on some websites. But I do deplore the series of countermeasures that failed to be implemented, and taken altogether it does kinda smell like certain hidden motives could be involved on that end. Even given that admission, I'm not going to conflate the event into "OMG our government KILLED all those innocent AMERICANS WE COULD BE NEXT!"
    ... ultimately, maybe I'm just too lazy to believe in conspiracy theories!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

  22. #22
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I remember when I was younger, perhaps...trying to think now (yeah, I know, hard isn't it?).. it was perhaps a couple of years after 9/11 or so...maybe when I was about 15 or 16 I guess. But yeah, around that age I was susceptible to conspiracy theories. Nowadays though I'm too apathetic towards anything outside my own little bubble to pay much attention to conspiracy theories.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am going to give you guys a short message right now on this, I have a lot going on right now and I am a bit short on time, but I have been waiting to reply to this every since I came across it last night.

    Many of you know that I am the "conspiracy theorist" of this messaging board. I saw the reference to me by ifmd95, which I understand it not serious, because he called me ISTj, and I am an ILE .

    Anyway, first of all, in my experience in attending meetings and protests, as well as in business, there is no correlation between socionics and what people consider a belief in conspiracy theory.

    Now, before I go, let me ask you this, what correlation do you think there is between socionics and the belief in what people would call a conspiracy theory, and how is it that they are related?
    Last edited by Jimbean; 06-13-2008 at 05:03 PM.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  24. #24
    lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    586
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I would like to know which types are most common among conspiracy theorists?


    To define conspiracy theorists, I've found a site with some common characteristics.

    http://www.urban75.org/info/conspiraloons.html
    I'd like to know which types tend to be jackasses that aren't familiar with the concept of blowback...i.e. operations carried out by government organizations, at term the cia itself employs, which causes events that the public may witness but can't put into context because they dont really know what their government is doing...
    Lefty
    ENFJ

    "I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    I'd like to know which types tend to be jackasses that aren't familiar with the concept of blowback...i.e. operations carried out by government organizations, at term the cia itself employs, which causes events that the public may witness but can't put into context because they dont really know what their government is doing...
    Yes,

    Jarno, you should start with "operation Ajax"
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bump

    Jarno, if you are still here, I would like to know why you posted this non sense. The author of that page comes from the point of view of someone who has not considered any real conspiracies, such as Operation Ajax or MK ULTRA. Do you know what any of these are? I suggest you look into the claims of the people you disagree with before promoting the view that says that people like myself are messed up in the head.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  27. #27
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    Bump

    Jarno, if you are still here, I would like to know why you posted this non sense. The author of that page comes from the point of view of someone who has not considered any real conspiracies, such as Operation Ajax or MK ULTRA. Do you know what any of these are? I suggest you look into the claims of the people you disagree with before promoting the view that says that people like myself are messed up in the head.
    Don't forget Project SHAD...

    It makes me a little uneasy because I report to Naval Recruit Training in less than 3 weeks.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_shad

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I would argue that it's probably Alpha NT's that do the most conspiracy theorizing, it's a natural outcome of the Ne and Ti ensemble. Additionally, all those manipulative argumentation strategies that CTs use to convince people of their arguments are definitely stereotypical of Ti-ego/Fe-value. While EP's are probably less likely to do that much introspection on the subject of a conspiracy, I think it's definitely a natural consequence of IJ temperament with alpha NT. Also, from personal experience, most of the conspiracy theorists I know (as well as the most extreme ones) are LII. Probably Ne-LII, though.
    ]

    Actually STs seem like good candidates b/c while NTs are coming up with crazy stories in their heads that no one believes, STs think about everything they sense and they are very, very suspicious. That accommodates both the LSI that Expat mentioned and Jimbean as well (unless he really is ILE, in which case I might favor alpha like you and Phaedrus).

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I suggest that you ponder about whether this suspicion of yours has anything in common with the paranoid personality structure or not. LIIs are much more inclined to believe in conspiracy theories than LSIs -- that is also something to think about.
    Last edited by Nexus; 09-19-2008 at 03:01 AM.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMHO I don't think it is type related. In our big 9/11 Truth group in NYC (as a lot of people would call us conspiracy theorists) were a representative of every type. The only thing I noticed that was type related was that Gammas and Betas were more vocal than Deltas and Alphas.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    IMHO I don't think it is type related.
    Why do people think that their subjective opinions have any value? Why do you have an opininon in the first place if you haven't studied the subject? We know that it is type related. To suggest that it is not type related is ridiculous and totally unfounded. Stop having opinions on things you know nothing about.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Why do people think that their subjective opinions have any value? Why do you have an opininon in the first place if you haven't studied the subject? We know that it is type related. To suggest that it is not type related is ridiculous and totally unfounded. Stop having opinions on things you know nothing about.
    I can give you the concrete facts that it is not type related by simply showing all 16 types involved in the anti-New World Order movement. If you want me to, I will do that.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    I can give you the concrete facts that it is not type related by simply showing all 16 types involved in the anti-New World Order movement. If you want me to, I will do that.
    Do that. With pictures so that we can see whether you have typed them correctly or not.

  32. #32
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd say beta STs the most. They make good conspirators themselves and project their own way of behavior into others.

    There is a famous quote: "El león piensa que todos son de su condición."
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  33. #33
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,617
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSIs are probably the type most likely to be conspiracy theorists: valued Ti and Ni + weak Ne are the culprits.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    LSIs are probably the type most likely to be conspiracy theorists: valued Ti and Ni + weak Ne are the culprits.
    No.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Do that. With pictures so that we can see whether you have typed them correctly or not.
    Betas are the most active in this group, so I can give you a lot of betas, especially beta ST's. Here is a start of a representitive of every type:

    Sibreana:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?q=&rls=...ox-a&channel=s
    ESI

    Alex Jones:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?q=&rls=...ox-a&channel=s
    SLE

    Dylan Avery:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?q=&rls=...ox-a&channel=s
    ILE (?)

    Aaron Russo:

    IEI (?)

    Luke Rudwowski:

    LSI
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is hard to find prominent members of this community of every type, but I assure you, they are there. At the rally in New York, I was standing next to an INFj and INTp, just in front of an LSE holding a banner of a quote of one of the 9/11 commissioners about how he believed that the 9/11 commission was set up to fail.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  37. #37
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default Conspiracy theories

    ? ? Type related?

    Also, what types are most likely to be more so opposed to far out theories?
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  38. #38
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I think its related to paranoia, e6 kind of, alex jones seems like a hyper active e6/8.

    I could see why you say because of the excessive analysis into various possibilities... but I find conspiracy theories are more emotional reactions to paranoia than actual characteristics of a certain personality type.

  39. #39
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    E6s seem the most prone to taking up conspiracy theories, in the same way that they more easily fall victim to paranoid delusions about the world.
    Last edited by Galen; 03-23-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  40. #40
    Creepy-male

    Default

    are you e6 galen? for some reason I pictured you as e7? Are you talking from personal experience or just general observation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •