Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aladdin - the Disney movie (spoiler warning)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aladdin - the Disney movie (spoiler warning)

Characters are pretty much like caricatures in this movie...

Aladdin : ++0 ILE ; gentle and adventurous
    Genie : +0- SEI ; accomodating, but expressive - wants to be free, but subordination isn't really bad for him
    Jafar : -0+ LIE ; looks like a total nerd
    Jasmine : --- SEI ; looks autistic and reckless, looks like she hate almost everyone
    Iago : -+0 ESI ; looks like some pushy rebellious slave
    Abu : +++ IEE ; impulsive, but kind
    Carpet : +-- SLI ; like Genie, but not really "social"
    Sultan : +++ SEE ; friendly, but looks retarded and naïve (how the fuck has he become Sultan !?)
    Razoul : --+ LSI ; the typical moody bureaucrat
    Rajah : 0-- ILI ; yeah... pretty hard to type
    The Peddler : 0+- LII ; the dude at the beginning of the movie, he looks really funny

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AWWWWWWWW Machintruc has recently spent 1,5 hours watching Disney's Aladdin!!!! AWW THAT IS SO CUTE! It really is!

haven't seen it for a while (would gladly watch it though), but Aladdin and Genie are correctly typed from what I remember.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Hmm interesting; Seems like most of the heroes are Alpha, while the villains are Gamma.
    Walt Disney himself was ESE, thus Alpha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post

Jasmine : --- SEI ; looks autistic and reckless, looks like she hate almost everyone

lol!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hated Jasmine in that movie. I thought she was one of the most annoying characters ever.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I hated Jasmine in that movie. I thought she was one of the most annoying characters ever.
    Interesting. She was actually a character who I enjoyed, and Aladdin would most likely be in my Top 5 Disney films list.

Genie : +0- SEI ; accomodating, but expressive - wants to be free, but subordination isn't really bad for him
    Actually I would expect that Genie would be ESE, since Genie seemed to heavily reflect the persona of Robin Williams (ESE).
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Interesting. She was actually a character who I enjoyed, and Aladdin would most likely be in my Top 5 Disney films list.
    Weird. I don't remember how old I was when that movie came out, but I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking "OMG WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER LIKE SUCH AN ANNOYING BITCH???"
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird. I don't remember how old I was when that movie came out, but I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking "OMG WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER LIKE SUCH AN ANNOYING BITCH???"
    Remember, you have always known that people think differently, so why should this have been of a surprise to you?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't literally think that no one else liked her (that obviously wasn't true), I just could understand why. Understanding that different people think differently and being able to make myself think the way others do are two different things.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this movie and demand a recount.

Especially on the Sultan being Gamma SF, wtf. He's definitely Alpha SF imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aladdin would have to be either ESTj or ESFj... leaning towards the latter. Very extrovert, sensor (physically confident, reactive, not given to contemplation) and not Accepting Se.
    Jaffar, may well be an evil INTj. Having a hard time seeing him as anything other than intuitive (a typical strategical planner) and introvert (internally confident, self posessed). Can't be Feeling, obviously. I see the Negative/Result/Static attitude in him (useful/useless discarding mentality).
    Genie, ENTp hands down. Compare to Star Trek's Q for an ENTp of highly similar variety. Clever, smart, reactive and hyperactive. Has the typical "bad assesment of psychological distance" thing. Unproblematically Positive/Process/Static ("eureka", answer suggesting mentality).
    Sultan, easily ISFp. So incredibly naïve and oblivious to the world outside of his private comfortable world.
    Iago, another Alpha type. Not risking myself as to which, though. ENTp?
    Jasmine, INFp. One of the reasons I call Aladdin ESFj as opposed to ESTj, cause the two aren't conflictors. IMO unproblematically Resolute + Fe in her "not good enough for me" attitude. (the main thing that repells me from beta NFs in real life)
    Last edited by krieger; 09-06-2008 at 03:03 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially on the Sultan being Gamma SF, wtf. He's definitely Alpha SF imo.
    I agree. One of the most obvious ISFps in pop culture to date.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rajah was pretty much my favorite, now i know why :wink:

SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Aladdin would have to be either ESTj or ESFj... leaning towards the latter. Very extrovert, sensor (physically confident, reactive, not given to contemplation) and not Accepting Se.
    Jaffar, may well be an evil INTj. Having a hard time seeing him as anything other than intuitive (a typical strategical planner) and introvert (internally confident, self posessed). Can't be Feeling, obviously. I see the Negative/Result/Static attitude in him (useful/useless discarding mentality).
    Genie, ENTp hands down. Compare to Star Trek's Q for an ENTp of highly similar variety. Clever, smart, reactive and hyperactive. Has the typical "bad assesment of psychological distance" thing. Unproblematically Positive/Process/Static ("eureka", answer suggesting mentality).
    Sultan, easily ISFp. So incredibly naïve and oblivious to the world outside of his private comfortable world.
    Iago, another Alpha type. Not risking myself as to which, though. ENTp?
    Jasmine, INFp. One of the reasons I call Aladdin ESFj as opposed to ESTj, cause the two aren't conflictors. IMO unproblematically Resolute + Fe in her "not good enough for me" attitude. (the main thing that repells me from beta NFs in real life)
    Hmm, not sure on Aladdin. Jasmine and the Sultan sound right. I initially thought ILE for Genie also, although I can see a case for ESE (it would have interesting implications towards my typing of others if the character turned out to be ESE, because he reminds me of a couple of crazy ILEs irl).
    Not sure about Jafar being INTj. Iago: I can maybe see ILE, but why do you think he's Alpha in particular? It's interesting how many of these characters you typed as Alpha when there's clearly deep rifts in how they see the world. For instance, I would have guessed Jafar as being some Se HA type, possibly, not Se PoLR. (I really don't know Aladdin's type, ESE might be plausible.)

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All movie villains are EIE. You didn't know that?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All movie villains are S-

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Jafar was EIE - he relied on his snake thingey to persuade others. Some Fe.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought... in order to become more like your enneagram "growth" type, should you try to make your brain chemical levels more like that types?
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walt Disney himself was ESE, thus Alpha.
    Walt Disney died in 1966. Aladdin was filmed in 1992.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    I don't think Jafar was EIE - he relied on his snake thingey to persuade others. Some Fe.
    I was kidding, I don't remember anything about Jafar. The only thing I really remember about Aladdin was finding the genie over the top and Jasmine the most annoying character ever (and I couldn't fathom why anyone would find anything about her even remotely likable).

I was in like 5th grade when it came out, so maybe I was a bit too old for it?
    SEE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, not sure on Aladdin. Jasmine and the Sultan sound right. I initially thought ILE for Genie also, although I can see a case for ESE (it would have interesting implications towards my typing of others if the character turned out to be ESE, because he reminds me of a couple of crazy ILEs irl).
    Not sure about Jafar being INTj. Iago: I can maybe see ILE, but why do you think he's Alpha in particular? It's interesting how many of these characters you typed as Alpha when there's clearly deep rifts in how they see the world. For instance, I would have guessed Jafar as being some Se HA type, possibly, not Se PoLR. (I really don't know Aladdin's type, ESE might be plausible.)
    Like I said I'm having a really hard time seeing Aladdin as non-sensor or Accepting Se. What are the alternatives? 75% of the movie has him jumping on things, dodging swords and saving jasmin with his heroics. But we don't see him forcing stuff by command of his will. He acts like a sensor out of necessity, is called on by the environment to employ his physical talents and simply reacts in the appropriate manner. IMO this is Dynamic Sensing, aka Si, as opposed to Se, which would be about taking initiative in physical matters.

Genie is brimming over with cerebral skills and mostly concerned with showing these off. Not something ESFjs are generally known for. I don't think he's helping the emotional climate much so much as he's simply disturbing it. He's the kind of guy you want to have an ESFj next to so his social mistakes get corrected.

ENTj and ENFj are the next possibilities I'd consider for Jafar. If he was either of these types I'd expect him to be more of a public figure though, acting on accord of a group or as a part of it. ENTj/ENFj villains are corporate leaders, people that are in the right position and nudge whole herds in the right direction with their words. Jafar seems more of a one-man show... but it may be there is a side to him that the movie doesn't delve into. I think there's a LOT of similarity between him and Lion King's Scar. Now Scar IS presented as a leader of powerful groups, such as the hyenas. So maybe you're right. Anyway, I can see the case for the other intuitive judging types. Not strongly settled on INTj.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said I'm having a really hard time seeing Aladdin as non-sensor or Accepting Se. What are the alternatives? 75% of the movie has him jumping on things, dodging swords and saving jasmin with his heroics. But we don't see him forcing stuff by command of his will. He acts like a sensor out of necessity, is called on by the environment to employ his physical talents and simply reacts in the appropriate manner. IMO this is Dynamic Sensing, aka Si, as opposed to Se, which would be about taking initiative in physical matters.
    So I take it you're opposed to SEE as an option?

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    ENTj and ENFj are the next possibilities I'd consider for Jafar. If he was either of these types I'd expect him to be more of a public figure though, acting on accord of a group or as a part of it. ENTj/ENFj villains are corporate leaders, people that are in the right position and nudge whole herds in the right direction with their words. Jafar seems more of a one-man show... but it may be there is a side to him that the movie doesn't delve into. I think there's a LOT of similarity between him and Lion King's Scar. Now Scar IS presented as a leader of powerful groups, such as the hyenas. So maybe you're right. Anyway, I can see the case for the other intuitive judging types. Not strongly settled on INTj.
    I noticed this also. Not really sure what either of them are. I doubt Jafar is EIE though, for the reason I mentioned shortly above.

I'm also having second thoughts about Jasmine as IEI but it still seems a very plausible choice.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I take it you're opposed to SEE as an option?
    The "vibe" I get from conflictors is unilaterally very strong. I'm not reading any of it. Keep in mind ESFps all have a certain obnoxiousness about them, very much similar to that of ENTps. They are always intent on affecting their surroundings out of an autonomous choice, and sometimes only know afterwards wether the result of doing so was beneficial or not. Very different from ESTj and ESFj sensorics, which rather try to meet expectations; to do things "right". (you can characterize the difference between Statics and Dynamics in general this way: autonomy and confidence in asessment skills vs. reaction to the environment and firm knowledge of correct/incorrect actions)

I noticed this also. Not really sure what either of them are. I doubt Jafar is EIE though, for the reason I mentioned shortly above.
    Hmm, yes. He uses the sorcery tool to manipulate, but some personal charm would still help him in the process. Between ENTj and ENFj I do strongly lean to the latter. ENTj thinking is less directed than his, much more diffuse and unfocussed, moving from one topic to another, exploiting "easy" gains, taking things that are readily available.

Look for the user tMInTeam on this forum for a good example of an exagerated form of this thinking: (it's what I sometimes refer to as the Positive/Result/Dynamic catagory)
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=289598&page=2

I'm also having second thoughts about Jasmine as IEI but it still seems a very plausible choice.
    Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jafar as an LIE with an -role makes more sense.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any suggestions?
    Not really, I just am less certain now that she's IEI than before.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not SEI?
    SEE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a safe bet. She's not in any noticable way extrovert, nor is she harsh like an INTp. If she was ISFp she'd be happy, naïve and comfort centered like the sultan; she shows signs of resisting this kind of mentality particularly (eg. not being impressed by the "prince Ali" parade when the sultan was out of his wits about it).

One argument in favor of Jaffar being ENTj as opposed to ENFj is the fact that the sultan tolerates him around him and trusts him, something that would be odd of a pair of conflictors and quite befitting of supervisor/supervisee.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i would associate this with beta NFs > anything else as well. i think IEI > SEI.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spoiler warning? the movie is only nearly two decades old
    Jasmine : --- SEI ; looks autistic
    too bad they didnt have the miracle drug zoloft back then

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    spoiler warning? the movie is only nearly two decades old
    i haven't seen a lot of movies produced in the 1960's, either.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you planning on running to see aladdin then?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's on Youtube! That's where I watched it.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump. Any new thoughts on Aladdin?
    Johari Box

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I never saw this movie. Going to watch it at work monday.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aladdin : Seems a little too aware / able to manipulate his surroundings, so I'd say SLE, but at times he is almost goofily physical enough to be ILE with well developed Se role. Plus he acts really infantile with Jasmine.
    Genie : ILE all the way, he's all creative, misdirected energy with little awareness of Fi.
    Jafar : LIE sounds good, classic evil "master plan" character
    Jasmine : Classic princess character, but she sticks up for herself. Fe creative, seems sensory so SEI. She and Jafar are definitely conflictors.
    Sultan : Seems Alpha SF, very jolly and interested in people being comfortable. Maybe ESE?
    Razoul : Sure LSI, but come on he's a 1 dimensional character.

Things that aren't human:

Iago : annoying, Se animal, I think ESI is a good typing.
    Abu : I like IEE for him, again an animal, but reminds me of the impulsive, rapidly changing emotional behaviors of IEE friends
    Rajah : An animal that doesn't talk
    Carpet : I don't typically type floor coverings. SLI works, he's pretty badass. Guess he and the monkey are duals, hooray for love.
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Also, this is pretty cool.

ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aladdin: SEI humble, kind, caretaker, same vibe as luke skywalker ( maybe IEE )
    jasmine: ILE the more assertive and opinionated of the dual pair ( maybe SLI )
    genie: ESE it's just Robin Williams with magical powers
    sultan: SEI
    iago: IEI buddies around with more powerful people and tolerates their abuse, likes to dish out his own on people below him in the hierarchy
    jaffar: EIE ultimate goal is being powerful, same megalomaniacal and narcissitic vibe as ra's al ghul
    Last edited by xerx; 09-25-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jafar is LII. I see that now.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aladdin - EII-Fi