I like the N/S ones a lot though.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird, I thought the Fe/Fi and Te/Ti ones were both better than the other two.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see a lot of contrast with the Fi/Fe and Ti/Te ones...

How does this work and what does this do... seem sort of like the same question to me...

How do you feel and how are you doing also sort of seem like the same question to me...

When I read the N/S ones I think that's an apple; that's an orange. Clear.

When I read the F/T ones I think that's a Golden Delicious apple (light green, like sawdust) and that's a Granny Smith apple (dark green, more tart)... both green apples... close enough...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: "How is it?"
    : "What is it?"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the whole post sucks

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    the whole post sucks
    Sucks as in it's bad, or sucks as in the thing no woman will ever do to your virgin cock?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think the Feeling and Thinking descriptions are pretty good.

Fe is more concerned with the outer emotional state, and Fi with the inner state of wellbeing. So, while an Fi type and an Fe type may both easily notice that someone isn't feeling good, the Fe type will be most concerned with "cheering up" the person, making them "look on the bright side," while the Fi type will be less inclined to cheer the person up and more inclined to "get to the bottom" of what they perceive as an underlying problem that was conveyed by the person by "not feeling good". Both types may be inclined to "switch" to the other's preferred style in certain situations.

(sorry about all these quotation marks)

Te is more concerned with the practical application of something, and so asks "What is this for? How will this help? Why should I do that?" Ti, on the other hand, sees internal analysis and "deep" comprehension as being more important than Te questions of practicality, which it often sees as arbitrary and shortsighted. It asks, "How does this work? How does it fit into my understanding? What is the reason for this?"

That's roughshod, but I think it works overall.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I still think the Feeling and Thinking descriptions are pretty good.

Fe is more concerned with the outer emotional state, and Fi with the inner state of wellbeing. So, while an Fi type and an Fe type may both easily notice that someone isn't feeling good, the Fe type will be most concerned with "cheering up" the person, making them "look on the bright side," while the Fi type will be less inclined to cheer the person up and more inclined to "get to the bottom" of what they perceive as an underlying problem that was conveyed by the person by "not feeling good". Both types may be inclined to "switch" to the other's preferred style in certain situations.

(sorry about all these quotation marks)

Te is more concerned with the practical application of something, and so asks "What is this for? How will this help? Why should I do that?" Ti, on the other hand, sees internal analysis and "deep" comprehension as being more important than Te questions of practicality, which it often sees as arbitrary and shortsighted. It asks, "How does this work? How does it fit into my understanding? What is the reason for this?"

That's roughshod, but I think it works overall.
    That seems more of a Ti question since it seems to want an explanation or justification of action.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This actually makes a lot of sense to me. Reading this has helped me differentiate between Fi and Fe better than any descriptions I've read and I've been reading a lot of them lately. I've always thought I was Fi>Fe, but this definitely confirms it. Well put!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    what about the words commonly used for describing these HAs?

: knowing
    : understanding

I always thought understanding was a good word for Ti. but also consistency.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks as in it's bad, or sucks as in the thing no woman will ever do to your virgin cock?
    heh.. isnt she female?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post! Except maybe the Sensing ones are too limited
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    That seems more of a Ti question since it seems to want an explanation or justification of action.
    Yeah, you could be right. I get a headache when I think about Te v Ti too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    heh.. isnt she female?
    lmao

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you could be right. I get a headache when I think about Te v Ti too much.
    There is always a very fine line that exists between similar functions (Fe v Fi, Te v Ti, etc.) since each function effectively requires the other side to operate.

I would think that is better to say that Fe is more concerned with the dynamic emotional state of people, while Fi is more concerned about the state of emotional relationships between people. Fe will be more concerned with paying attention and adjusting the emotional states of themselves and people around them. If Te is the efficiency of action and objects, Fe would be the efficiency of expression and emotions. Fi would then said to be more concerned about determining, maintaining, and attending to the emotional links that exist between people. It is a difference of emphasis really. For the Fe-user, since emotional states are considered dynamic, Fi is believed to be strengthened through a Fe-process, whereas for the Fi-user, since emotional states are considered static, Fe is believed to be brought around by making strong emotional bonds through a Fi-process. Both the Fe and Fi person may be inclined to get to the "bottom of the matter" in emotional troubles, but they would have different methods to do so.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi fields don't necessarily have to be between people. "I like beets" is a Fi statement.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Fi fields don't necessarily have to be between people. "I like beets" is a Fi statement.
    Yes. But as the Fe example dealt with other people, I decided to carry that over to the Fi statement. "Beets make me happy," would be an Fe statement.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A purely Fe statement would be "I'm happy" without any connection to anything else.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A purely Fe statement would be "I'm happy" without any connection to anything else.
    But Fe deals with the internal dynamics of external objects, so it is more than saying "I'm happy," just like Fi is more than simply "I like it."
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Fe deals with the internal dynamics of external objects, so it is more than saying "I'm happy,"
    Objects, meaning that it doesn't deal with connections/relationships.

just like Fi is more than simply "I like it."
    "I like it" would be a complete Fi statement because "it" is what it's connected to. Fields deal with connections/relationships.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Objects, meaning that it doesn't deal with connections/relationships.
    A beet is an object.

"I like it" would be a complete Fi statement because "it" is what it's connected to. Fields deal with connections/relationships.
    Yes, but my point is that you are almost trying to reduce Fe to a relatively meaningless concept that amounts to nothing more than feeling good.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A beet is an object.
    but how is saying "beets make me happy" referring to the internal dynamics of the beet?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A beet is an object.
    Yes. And if you're talking about what a beet is, it's Se. If you're talking about what it's doing, it's Te.

However, once you connect it to something else, then we're dealing with a field. A person liking beets is a connection/relationship.

Yes, but my point is that you are almost trying to reduce Fe to a relatively meaningless concept that amounts to nothing more than feeling good.
    "I'm happy" an example, not a summary or a definition.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. And if you're talking about what a beet is, it's Se. If you're talking about what it's doing, it's Te.

However, once you connect it to something else, then we're dealing with a field. A person liking beets is a connection/relationship.
    But you are making it so that Fe is completely worthless as an information element when talking about non-human objects.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you are making it so that Fe is completely worthless as an information element when talking about non-human objects.
    No, it's worthless when talking about inanimate objects as an information aspect.

Information elements are never used one at a time though, so they can be combined with Fi, Ni, Si, or Ti when they're being applied to a situation in which they're some time of connection/relationship.

edit: My point though was that when giving an example of Fe, it's better to try to do so without using fields. And my initial point was about "Fi would then said to be more concerned about determining, maintaining, and attending to the emotional links that exist between people", which is why I was trying to say that Fi is about connections between a person and an inanimate object or situation (such as what discojoe was talking about) as it is a connection between two people.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, have you ever noticed that you and I tend to go in circles when we talk?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's worthless when talking about inanimate objects as an information aspect.
    Yes, you are making Fe the MOST WORTHLESS INFORMATION ASPECT. It deals with external objects, but then you are making it such a limited information aspect. Screw being an Alpha NT. I have no plans of "desiring" such a useless and limited information aspect. I'm officially joining Gamma now.

Information elements are never used one at a time though, so they can be combined with Fi, Ni, Si, or Ti when they're being applied to a situation in which they're some time of connection/relationship.
    But Fi would thereby have far more application to everything as long as there is a self and external object with which to make a connection. Therefore, Fe is absolutely worthless as an aspect when compared to Fi.

btw, have you ever noticed that you and I tend to go in circles when we talk?
    But I never have that problem with Asha or Expat. Strange.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you are making Fe the MOST WORTHLESS INFORMATION ASPECT. It deals with external objects, but then you are making it such a limited information aspect. Screw being an Alpha NT. I have no plans of "desiring" such a useless and limited information aspect. I'm officially joining Gamma now.
    LOL, so that's what this is all about. I had a hunch it was something like that. More passive aggressive bitching, essentially.

But Fi would thereby have far more application to everything as long as there is a self and external object with which to make a connection. Therefore, Fe is absolutely worthless as an aspect when compared to Fi.
    Negative. All are equally important and valuable and whatnot.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, so that's what this is all about. I had a hunch it was something like that. More passive aggressive bitching, essentially.
    Not at all, Joy, and I dislike false accusations such as those. So would you please restrain yourself from doing so in the future? I am merely pointing out the comparative worthlessness of Fe. Fi is not only a more stable information element, but also one that provides guidance for as long as there is a self and an object. This utility is not present in Fe, which is only good for telling me that I am happy, as if I need Fe to even tell me that.

Edit: What are you talking about? What is the this to which you are referring? If you are going to belittle me and make potentially false accusations regarding my motives, then I would at least like to have a better idea of what you are talking about.

Negative. All are equally important and valuable and whatnot.
    Sugarcoated bullshit. Then tell me what use is Fe when dealing with inanimate objects? If Fi has much greater utility at dealing with the external world, then how can Fe be said to be of equal value as Fi?

Just for curiosity sake I checked out the Fe article on the Wikisocion, fun stuff:

Fe Base
    He perceives reality primarily through the prism of the external emotional atmosphere around him, mainly but not exclusively from the other people present. For instance, the "vibe" given off by a particular place, landscape, work of art, movie etc will also be registered as very significant for him.
    Fe Creative
    The person is sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around him, either from an individual, or a group, or even from inanimate objects such as the landscape, the state of the physical environment he happens to be in, or his own emotional associations with the place or people around him.
    As I said, Fe CAN and DOES deal with inanimate objects without acting as a field.
    Last edited by Logos; 06-13-2008 at 03:40 AM.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    imo saying beets make me happy implies an equation between you and a beet with variables on each side (or only one) being emotional states, which, by definition, is Fi, or so it seems. it seems that saying the beet is happy would mean referring to it's internal dynamics, which, if the beet was alive would probably make sense.
    No, saying the beet is happy makes you legally insane.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all, Joy, and I dislike false accusations such as those. So would you please restrain yourself from doing so in the future? I am merely pointing out the comparative worthlessness of Fe. Fi is not only a more stable information element, but also one that provides guidance for as long as there is a self and an object. This utility is not present in Fe, which is only good for telling me that I am happy, as if I need Fe to even tell me that.

Edit: What are you talking about? What is the this to which you are referring? If you are going to belittle me and make potentially false accusations regarding my motives, then I would at least like to have a better idea of what you are talking about.

Sugarcoated bullshit. Then tell me what use is Fe when dealing with inanimate objects? If Fi has much greater utility at dealing with the external world, then how can Fe be said to be of equal value as Fi?

Just for curiosity sake I checked out the Fe article on the Wikisocion, fun stuff:

Fe Base
    Fe Creative
    As I said, Fe CAN and DOES deal with inanimate objects without acting as a field.
    I don't wish to continue debating aspects vs. elements. The topic was supposed to be about elements anyways, and my only point was that Fi doesn't have to involve more than one person. It's about the relationship between a person (or animal, I suppose) and something, anything, else.

I'm sorry if what I said pissed you off. I must have misunderstood your comment about Alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    juices do flow in beets though, which *theoretically* does make them have Fe.
    juices are external, in the socionics sense of the word
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: Touching
    : "What does this do?"
    <strokes the History Eraser button>
    "I wonder what this does?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to these defs i'm

i push not touch
    i look ahead not around
    i know what i like
    i look at facts more than whatever Ti is, even though i try so hard to do it.

that's it, i'm done. i'm ESFp. off to play now.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    according to these defs i'm

i push not touch
    i look ahead not around
    i know what i like
    i look at facts more than whatever Ti is, even though i try so hard to do it.

that's it, i'm done. i'm ESFp. off to play now.
    This post brought to you by Ti.

Ti. You'll analyze yourself into a paradoxical loop with no beginning or end and blink out of existence.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti. You'll analyze yourself into a paradoxical loop with no beginning or end and blink out of existence.
    Fun, isn't it?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or i just say FUCK IT and go live my life.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'ma just post here and say do what u gotta do so there.

question yourself, but don't cling to the doubts so much

that's the hard part
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I'ma just post here and say do what u gotta do so there.

question yourself, but don't cling to the doubts so much

that's the hard part
    i have a natural tendency toward doubt in certain things in my life though....i absolutely know what is important to me, what i value, what i'm passionate about, but the doubt is not about WHO i am but about UNDERSTANDING who i am. i question it too much and get myself in trouble. when i don't question and don't think too much, i'm happy. then there's no doubt because i'm not questioning anything in the first place to doubt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast