Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 75

Thread: SEIs-ISFps and Ambition

  1. #1
    Cinematic Member Mr Saturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    541
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SEIs-ISFps and Ambition

    Tell me that an SEI can be ambitious.

    Tell me that as SEI I can become one of the worlds best cinema thinkers.

    If not then I am going back to INFp.

    (Oh and congrats, SEIs, for having one of the best wikisocion domains. It looks great.)

  2. #2
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can't be the best there is and be SEI. You can't even be logical and be SEI. I beg you reconsider your options, maybe ESTj is a better fit?

    Amd thanks, all the SEIs worked very hard.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  3. #3
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    You can't be the best there is and be SEI. You can't even be logical and be SEI. I beg you reconsider your options, maybe ESTj is a better fit?
    I hope you're joking
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  4. #4
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought of saying I just woke up and I'm cranky, but then that would have ruined the contrary-ness of the post. Thanks a lot SEI lady, you're just a dream-killer.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  5. #5
    Cinematic Member Mr Saturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    541
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have just read the SEI domain in depth.

    I can never imagine myself speaking like that.

    LOLOZZZLOLZOMG!!!!111!!!

    Ps. I'm SEE now.

  6. #6
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what exactly made you turn your back so fast?
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  7. #7
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I thought of saying I just woke up and I'm cranky, but then that would have ruined the contrary-ness of the post. Thanks a lot SEI lady, you're just a dream-killer.
    Excuse me for being annoyed that your crankiness is directed at someone who is apparently seeking an honest answer rather than a sarcastic one.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  8. #8
    Cinematic Member Mr Saturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    541
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't be SEI because I do not like the style.

    The whole 'shiny blades' and 'ZOMG!' and 'HIYA FriEND! DD"

    I think EIE is more likely. As long as they can be awesome and be heroes.

  9. #9
    Cinematic Member Mr Saturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    541
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dammit, I CANNOT be a 'victim' in relationships. I have no time for worry or insecurities.

    And I apologise. This is not the place for this.

  10. #10
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Excuse me for being annoyed that your crankiness is directed at someone who is apparently seeking an honest answer rather than a sarcastic one.
    You've been forgiven.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  11. #11
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturn View Post
    I can't be SEI because I do not like the style.

    The whole 'shiny blades' and 'ZOMG!' and 'HIYA FriEND! DD"

    I think EIE is more likely. As long as they can be awesome and be heroes.
    I don't think you're SEI at all, but for what it's worth, I don't have a penchant for shiny blades - the sight of blood makes me sick. I am not a ZOMG, HIYA FRIEND! or DD person either. I am pretty subdued and often serious really. But that's me. :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  12. #12
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I personally like shiny things yes, but I HATE blood or watching those surgery shows. Those make me sick.

    anyway, that offensive description was mere lolololol on the domain, very old and exaggerated.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  13. #13
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    You've been forgiven.
    It is customary for a person to apologise before being forgiven. But in this case your intuition has served you well.

    You are also forgiven.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  14. #14
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought SEI's greatest ambition was to eat lots of tasty food???
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  15. #15
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LV's logic:

    I'm SEI and my greatest ambition is to eat lots of tasty food.
    Therefore, an SEI's greatest ambition is to eat lots of tasty food.

    Doesn't follow - sorry.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  16. #16
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not SEI!!!
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  17. #17
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturn View Post
    Dammit, I CANNOT be a 'victim' in relationships. I have no time for worry or insecurities.

    And I apologise. This is not the place for this.
    fwiw, I don't consider myself a victim in relationships AT ALL. But I'm still IEI. So I dunno....
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  18. #18
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I'm not SEI!!!
    Calm down - your Fe is annoying.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  19. #19
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Calm down - your Fe is annoying.
    Is it considered Fe if I get urges to choke you?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  20. #20
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Is it considered Fe if I get urges to choke you?
    lol, nah that's isn't it?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  21. #21
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    lol, nah that's isn't it?
    Using eh? wtf kind of INFp are you?
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  22. #22
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Using eh? wtf kind of INFp are you?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  23. #23
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Is it considered Fe if I get urges to choke you?
    No, that would be LSI. :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  24. #24
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    fwiw, I don't consider myself a victim in relationships AT ALL. But I'm still IEI. So I dunno....
    I don't really think the victim is so much a victim as the receiver of aggressor emotions. And the aggressor isn't aggressive in the negative sense so much as very forward. Aggressor wants to control the direction of the relationship while the victim would rather have someone sweep them along while they manipulate (in a positive sense) the internal environment. Where static Se wants to manipulate it's external environment and make it do what it wants, dynamic Ni wants to soak it up like a sponge because it's physically quantifying they're internal experience. So the aggressor will be more forth-coming and will want things to happen and the victim will have to be able to translate that into a similar internal environment to suit the needs of Se. Ni depends on Se to create the external outward environment. In a very very generalized sense: "You're hot, let's hook up." Otherwise Ni will stay in his/her internal dream world. In turn, Ni reciprocates by seeing beyond the initial meeting and dedicating themselves to making the experience the best it can be. Ni is willing to go with the flow and control things in an indirect fashion so that they won't offend Se's need to be in control of their environment.

    -Se/Ni Romance according to Véro.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  25. #25
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I don't really think the victim is so much a victim as the receiver of aggressor emotions. And the aggressor isn't aggressive in the negative sense so much as very forward. Aggressor wants to control the direction of the relationship while the victim would rather have someone sweep them along while they manipulate (in a positive sense) the internal environment. Where static Se wants to manipulate it's external environment and make it do what it wants, dynamic Ni wants to soak it up like a sponge because it's physically quantifying they're internal experience. So the aggressor will be more forth-coming and will want things to happen and the victim will have to be able to translate that into a similar internal environment to suit the needs of Se. Ni depends on Se to create the external outward environment. In a very very generalized sense: "You're hot, let's hook up." Otherwise Ni will stay in his/her internal dream world. In turn, Ni reciprocates by seeing beyond the initial meeting and dedicating themselves to making the experience the best it can be. Ni is willing to go with the flow and control things in an indirect fashion so that they won't offend Se's need to be in control of their environment.

    -Se/Ni Romance according to Véro.
    yeah yeah, you're right. that was a good description.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  26. #26
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I thought SEI's greatest ambition was to eat lots of tasty food???
    Nah, not so much, although I love making cookies (seriously)!

    I think my Si-ness prefers lots of crazy sex

    Never doubt the quiet ones....
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  27. #27
    JRiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indian Territory
    TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought Jem's posts in this thread each deserved a what-what:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I hope you're joking
    As do we all, Kam.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Excuse me for being annoyed that your crankiness is directed at someone who is apparently seeking an honest answer rather than a sarcastic one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I don't think you're SEI at all, but for what it's worth, I don't have a penchant for shiny blades - the sight of blood makes me sick. I am not a ZOMG, HIYA FRIEND! or DD person either. I am pretty subdued and often serious really. But that's me. :-)
    You do seem more serious, but in a way that makes being serious fun. Which is awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    It is customary for a person to apologise before being forgiven. But in this case your intuition has served you well.

    You are also forgiven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    LV's logic:

    I'm SEI and my greatest ambition is to eat lots of tasty food.
    Therefore, an SEI's greatest ambition is to eat lots of tasty food.

    Doesn't follow - sorry.
    LOL @ ISFps supposedly having weak Ti.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Calm down - your Fe is annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    No, that would be LSI. :-)
    Hahaha. Jem, I am glad you are on the forum. You're probably the best example of an Si-sub SEI on this forum, and it's fun to see the differences between you and the more locally prevalent Fe-subs, who are decidedly more into the "z0mg! WEEEEEEE " stuff. Your ability to casually make the ordinary exciting and the serious whimsical is really cool.

    Also you're generally amazing. Will you be my friend?

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Nah, not so much, although I love making cookies (seriously)!

    I think my Si-ness prefers lots of crazy sex

    Never doubt the quiet ones....
    As a side note ^ this ^ is HAWT. Alpha relationships = involving cookies in acts of physical intimacy. Well not really, but my computer's supposedly Unicode font doesn't have the mathematical "contains" operator.
    Last edited by JRiddy; 06-11-2008 at 08:14 PM.

    JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

  28. #28
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Nah, not so much, although I love making cookies (seriously)!

    I think my Si-ness prefers lots of crazy sex

    Never doubt the quiet ones....
    Hrm, cookies vs sex
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  29. #29
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Hahaha. Jem, I am glad you are on the forum. You're probably the best example of an Si-sub SEI on this forum, and it's fun to see the differences between you and the more locally prevalent Fe-subs, who are decidedly more into the "z0mg! WEEEEEEE " stuff. You're ability to casually make the ordinary exciting and the serious whimsical is really cool.

    Also you're generally amazing. Will you be my friend?
    Aw, thanks for the compliments JRiddy. Friend request accepted. :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  30. #30
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah even I prefer you, Jem.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  31. #31
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Yeah even I prefer you, Jem.
    Don't get too effusive now - you'll embarrass me.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  32. #32
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Don't get too effusive now - you'll embarrass me.
    Moi?! The day I get effusive is the day you wrestle an alligator.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  33. #33
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Moi?! The day I get effusive is the day you wrestle an alligator.
    Me having to wrestle with an alligator is technically a possibility.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  34. #34
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Me having to wrestle with an alligator is technically a possibility.
    Sure, about as possible as me becoming an actor.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  35. #35
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Sure, about as possible as me becoming an actor.
    I'll grant you that. If you had said "good actor" I would have protested, but as it is ....
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  36. #36
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I'll grant you that. If you had said "good actor" I would have protested, but as it is ....
    I.... I got nothing... :/

    You win this one Jem.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  37. #37
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I.... I got nothing... :/

    You win this one Jem.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  38. #38
    calenwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    TIM
    ISXj
    Posts
    949
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturn View Post
    I have just read the SEI domain in depth.

    I can never imagine myself speaking like that.

    LOLOZZZLOLZOMG!!!!111!!!

    Ps. I'm SEE now.
    Because all SEIs type the same way? Thanks for the vote of confidence.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

  39. #39
    Cinematic Member Mr Saturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    541
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Because all SEIs type the same way? Thanks for the vote of confidence.
    I guess not but that sort of thing doesn't really cross my mind. I consider more restricted in the typing sense.

  40. #40
    calenwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    TIM
    ISXj
    Posts
    949
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturn View Post
    I guess not but that sort of thing doesn't really cross my mind. I consider more restricted in the typing sense.
    Generalize much?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •