Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Hugs and ENFjs :-P

  1. #1
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hugs and ENFjs :-P

    I've noticed (providing my typings are correct) that ENFjs are sort of clumsy with showing physical affection. They can practically knock you off your feet when they hug you. They are very warm about it, but they're not aware of the other person's comfort it seems. And they don't gauge the distance between themselves and the person, so when they reach out to hug you, you end up staggering towards them awkwardly. :-)

    ESE hugs, on the other hand, are perfect.
    Last edited by Rubicon; 06-09-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  2. #2
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree, same with SEI hugs. The identicalness is perfection.

    LSI hugs, very poor, shit poor.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  3. #3
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I agree, same with SEI hugs. The identicalness is perfection.
    SEI hugs are good too - yeah - but I didn't want to brag. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    LSI hugs, very poor, shit poor.
    lol They're actually structurally correct, but they lack warmth.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  4. #4
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please outline below what physical emotional and spiritual aspects make up a good hug you damn subjective bastards.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  5. #5
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We can't explain it silly, it just feels good. You like need to get into the hug and squeeze yourself together and it's too hard to explain.

    It's like solidarity squared.

    ISTj shy away from hugs. ):

    I had a SEI girl like scream and run up to me today, boom I got embraced.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  6. #6
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Please outline below what physical emotional and spiritual aspects make up a good hug you damn subjective bastards.
    Oh come on - it makes sense. :-) Fe = warmth and Si = physical coordination - the two requirements of good hugs.

    You're halfway there. :-P
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  7. #7
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Oh come on - it makes sense. :-) Fe = warmth and Si = physical coordination - the two requirements of good hugs.

    You're halfway there. :-P
    I can give you bear hugs
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  8. #8
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I can give you bear hugs
    Sounds a bit scary.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  9. #9
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Sounds a bit scary.
    Nah.

    You'd feel like this:
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  10. #10
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apparently I am an ENFj hugger (if I'm comfortable enough with you for real hugs). I glomp. Depending on distance, this can also become a tackle glomp. Damn this thread, I've just started over-analyzing hugs now. I won't write about it. It'll be an essay and it will bore you
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  11. #11
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I've noticed (providing my typings are correct) that ENFjs are sort of clumsy with showing physical affection. They can practically knock you off your feet when they hug you. They are very warm about it, but they're not aware of the other person's comfort it seems. And they don't gauge the distance themselves and the person, so when they reach out to hug you, you end up staggering towards them awkwardly. :-)

    ESE hugs, on the other hand, are perfect.
    i think my hugs are more of a "holding" like not warm but protective and enveloping...but still loving. but with hubby, i let him hold me and i let my guard down and melt in his arms.

  12. #12
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Apparently I am an ENFj hugger (if I'm comfortable enough with you for real hugs). I glomp. Depending on distance, this can also become a tackle glomp. Damn this thread, I've just started over-analyzing hugs now. I won't write about it. It'll be an essay and it will bore you
    An essay about hugs? How could that be boring? :-)

    Don't over-analyze it. It doesn't really matter if you're genuine. Plus I think Alpha NTs are more willing to be led when it comes to physical affection, so it ends up working. :-) But correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  13. #13
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I've only ever had a hug initiated by another person (other than family, of course) with my former college residence roomie, Natasha. Now THERE was an ISFp to the bone. We used to talk about how weird it was that we just felt so connected. Suddenly it all makes so much more sense to me, lol. We used to have the best hugs. She is dating an INTp, which seems to be working out well for her. I'm not the best judge of things like that . Apparently they have great sex?

    I over-analyze everything, I am made of emotional fail
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  14. #14
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I think I've only ever had a hug initiated by another person (other than family, of course) with my former college residence roomie, Natasha. Now THERE was an ISFp to the bone. We used to talk about how weird it was that we just felt so connected. Suddenly it all makes so much more sense to me, lol. We used to have the best hugs. She is dating an INTp, which seems to be working out well for her. I'm not the best judge of things like that . Apparently they have great sex?

    I over-analyze everything, I am made of emotional fail
    Aw - you need a hug. <3 :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  15. #15
    lastdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice thread. I don't hug anyone because I'm not good at it.
    Beta extrovert from NF club.

  16. #16
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I give good hugs, I think. I've done it so much. Here hugging isn't very popular. (or kissing guy friends on the cheek like in Italy! ). We have a hugging habit in our family because we live so far apart and rarely see each other. I try to create hugging habit with some friends that I rarely see because then I don't have to find the words for express that I've missed them.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  17. #17
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LET'S HUG IT OUT BITCH
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  18. #18
    lastdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    LET'S HUG IT OUT BITCH
    ?
    Beta extrovert from NF club.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I agree, same with SEI hugs. The identicalness is perfection.

    LSI hugs, very poor, shit poor.
    the best hug from a friend was from an ISTj. I have been friends with her a long time though.. but it was firm, warm, and enveloping. Myself, an INTj, have been told I give good hug many times.

    Best romantic embrace was from an INFp.

    ENFj - awk

    ISFp - too soft

    most Fi types - too soft

    never experienced an ESFj hug
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 06-13-2008 at 03:31 AM.

  20. #20
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    the best hug from a friend was from an ISTj. I have been friends with her a long time though.. but it was firm, warm, and enveloping. Myself, an INTj, have been told I give good hug many times.

    Best romantic embrace was from an INFp.

    ENFj - awk

    ISFp - too soft

    most Fi types - too soft

    never experienced an ESFj hug
    You're missing out.


    ENFjs can be terrible at stuff like that, Si polr. It's just sort of throwing yourself at someone and hoping your emotion carries through.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  21. #21
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i always get the idea that an ENFj hug would be like, a refusal of a hug because huggee is sweaty or not dressed well or something.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  22. #22
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i always get the idea that an ENFj hug would be like, a refusal of a hug because huggee is sweaty or not dressed well or something.
    Lol. I don't think that's true. IME, they're oblivious to stuff like that. Come as you are. :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  23. #23
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm IEI, and I don't like hugging people unless I genuinely care for the individual... otherwise it just feels like weird fake affection.

    People always comment about how awkward my hugs are; in reality my hugs are really not awkward; It's more like I just didn't want to be hugged that person in the first place.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What are you guys talking about? They give awesome hugs!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  25. #25
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm IEI, and I don't like hugging people unless I genuinely care for the individual... otherwise it just feels like weird fake affection.

    People always comment about how awkward my hugs are; in reality my hugs are really not awkward; It's more like I just didn't want to be hugged that person in the first place.
    Yes I feel the same. I rarely hug. But when I do, it's good stuff.

    My husband is ESE and yeah he gives great hugs. sometimes too tight though and I can't breathe. I hugged my SEI friend once and it was nice. Warm and casual. My SEI dad gives THE BEST HUGS in the entire world. As does my SLE sister-in-law.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Yes I feel the same. I rarely hug. But when I do, it's good stuff.

    My husband is ESE and yeah he gives great hugs. sometimes too tight though and I can't breathe. I hugged my SEI friend once and it was nice. Warm and casual. My SEI dad gives THE BEST HUGS in the entire world. As does my SLE sister-in-law.
    yeah.. i could see an INFp wanting a more casual kind of hug. being squeezed too tight so i can't breathe sounds nice..

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm IEI, and I don't like hugging people unless I genuinely care for the individual... otherwise it just feels like weird fake affection.

    People always comment about how awkward my hugs are; in reality my hugs are really not awkward; It's more like I just didn't want to be hugged that person in the first place.
    this reminds me of my boss.. LOL. we have this really awkward leading into a hug.. but they are pretty good once achieved. Something about the beta force.. once you're in the circle.

  28. #28
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Something about hugging a person I'm close to just leaves me vulnerable emotionally. If I'm saying goodbye to someone and I'm trying to keep it together, I always lose it when they hug me. Don't know why.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •