Thread: Te looks so serious

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te looks so serious.

gamma Te - looks serious with an indifferent/strict way.
    delta Te - looks serious with a displeased/unsatisfied way.

doesn't apply to all Te people, but this rule is true more often than not.

My theory is that it's asker/declarer dichotomy difference. Gamma Te sees things as they are and thinks that this is the way it is. they may be unhappy with how things are, but it's just a fact of life, nothing more. Delta Te starts wondering why and gets an inquisitive look.

Example - someone left the tap on.
    gamma Te - "This is not good. Water was wasted."
    Delta Te - "Did YOU leave the tap on?"

And even when delta Te types are quite happy with things, they still see some faults and they present it like questions and it's similar to blaming. Whereas gamma Te just states that some things suck and I can simply agree that some things suck.

Often people don't have to SAY anything to get the same result in the intertype relations. E.g. When either Te quardra type says "The tap was on", it will have different facial expressions. Gamma Te will look serious about it and delta Te will give a piercing look to the other person as if asking, "was it you?". And this is the vibe I get from delta Te types - it always feels like they're asking something and it gives them an inquisitive displeased look.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    lmao
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, it's interesting to hear what Te looks like from an EIE perspective.

I think the difference that you're seeing between Te + Ni and Te + Si has to do with Si being more immediate than Ni.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that being critical is something more individual than related to any particular function. Or, actually, it's probably tied to negativism.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps are positivists
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps are positivists
    lol

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    lol
    You're not though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Captain Obvious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did someone say, Captain Obvious?
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think that being critical is something more individual than related to any particular function. Or, actually, it's probably tied to negativism.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Uncyclopedia FTW.
    Heh, do you ever go to the front page and momentarily mistake it for wikipedia, thus being surprised by the odd news articles? I've done that on a few occasions.. I see a news article such as scientists diverting funding from cancer research to some new sex machine, click on it in great surprise then suddenly remember I'm on uncyclopedia. Funny times.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gamma Te - looks serious with an indifferent/strict way.
    delta Te - looks serious with a displeased/unsatisfied way.

doesn't apply to all Te people, but this rule is true more often than not.

My theory is that it's asker/declarer dichotomy difference. Gamma Te sees things as they are and thinks that this is the way it is. they may be unhappy with how things are, but it's just a fact of life, nothing more. Delta Te starts wondering why and gets an inquisitive look.

And even when delta Te types are quite happy with things, they still see some faults and they present it like questions and it's similar to blaming. Whereas gamma Te just states that some things suck and I can simply agree that some things suck.

Often people don't have to SAY anything to get the same result in the intertype relations. E.g. When either Te quardra type says "The tap was on", it will have different facial expressions. Gamma Te will look serious about it and delta Te will give a piercing look to the other person as if asking, "was it you?". And this is the vibe I get from delta Te types - it always feels like they're asking something and it gives them an inquisitive displeased look.
    I actually relate to that very much.

ESTjs are negativists, so I can see how they would especially appear "displeased".
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah i'm positive. I'm positive YOU'RE WRONG
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how well this fits SLI's though, to be honest. It fits the rest of the Te ego types though, from my observations.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this has much to do with type or IM elements, but I hate it when people point out something just to be pessimistic or to cast blame.

If I were to point out that the tap was on, it would only be to solve the problem...I.e., to ask someone to turn it off, or to explain why I'm walking into the other room to turn it off, or to figure out why it's hard to turn off, or come up with a system so that it's not left on, or think about whether there ought to be a new kind of faucet that turns itself off.

If there's nothing that can be done about something, or nothing new that can be learned about it, or if it's unwise to do something about it, then why mention it?

I know that some people do tend to point stuff out and look to blame others when there's no good reason to do so. I don't think such dysfunctional behavior is caused to being a specific type though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I don't know if this has much to do with type or IM elements, but I hate it when people point out something just to be pessimistic or to cast blame.

If I were to point out that the tap was on, it would only be to solve the problem...I.e., to ask someone to turn it off, or to explain why I'm walking into the other room to turn it off, or to figure out why it's hard to turn off, or come up with a system so that it's not left on, or think about whether there ought to be a new kind of faucet that turns itself off.

If there's nothing that can be done about something, or nothing new that can be learned about it, or if it's unwise to do something about it, then why mention it?

I know that some people do tend to point stuff out and look to blame others when there's no good reason to do so. I don't think such dysfunctional behavior is caused to being a specific type though.
    But is that purely casting blame or is it trying to figure out the situation as it occurred in the stream of things? The question was also probably framed to garner a response of explanation as to why it was turned on and not so much to cast blame.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

neither do i. the person i know most likely to display this sort of accusatory blame-casting behavior that kristiina has mentioned is my mother who is ENFj, very far from ESTj, heh. actually the thing about her i'm most certain of is that she next to zero grasp on Te. so i basically think calling that "delta Te" is sort of unfair. idk, if that were me i'd probably be asking, "did you leave the tap on?" in order to figure out if it were broken/needed fixing or if yeah, like jonathan mentioned, perhaps getting a new faucet that turned itself off might not be a bad idea if it became such a huge issue. actually i'd be more likely to start posting signs ("HEY TAP NEEDS TURNING OFF!") if the same thing continued and i were sure it weren't due to a bad/leaky faucet.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei