8th function: -Ni/-Ne::+Ne/+Ni

Metabolism:
    -Te <= +Te <= +Ni <= -Ni
    -Ti <= +Ti <= +Ne <= -Ne

Energy:
    +Fi <= -Fi <= -Ne <= +Ne
    +Fe <= -Fe <= -Ni <= +Ni

Dual-type:

-Te::+Fi/-Ti::+Fe <= +Te::-Fi/+Ti::-Fe <= +Ni::-Ne/+Ne::-Ni <= -Ni::+Ne/-Ne::+Ni

Defintions

-Ni::+Ne/-Ne::+Ni is the flow of history, observed as a composite of successive ideas. At every moment in history, there have been ideas. These ideas formed the basis for later ideas.

-Ni/-Ne validates history on the basis of objective potential. In the case of Ex-ENFj, -Ne speaks of myriad personal choices (+Ni): what was possible at any given moment was due to the choices made by everyone involved. These choices reflected the ideals of the age. (+Ne)

+Ni/+Ne validates one's own path on basis of one's own ideals. +Ni (subjective time) is seen as a temporal relation between objective potentials from one moment to the next. But why does one potential go unrealized at one moment while another is realized? The answer to that question lies in the relationship between -Ne energy and -Ni energy. One has a set of potentials (Ex-Ne), any one of which may or may not be expressed depending on which circumstances (Ex-Ni) are involved. Subjective time is seen as the sequential succession of exercised capabilities that are chosen based on the circumstances faced by a subjective ideal.

Phemenology

+Ni::-Ne/+Ne::-Ni vs -Ni::+Ne/-Ne::+Ni

[definitely not finished... going to have to think on this/wait for epiphany...]

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should write up one of these for myself...

Exertion ENFp:
    Juxtapoxtion of Creating Fi+ (extreme sincerity of attitude and interpretation) AND accepting Ne- AND Negative/Result (extreme boredness, discarding of ideas that are useless).

Now take that and observe it from the vantage point of an INTj...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I should write up one of these for myself...

Exertion ENFp:
    Juxtapoxtion of Creating Fi+ (extreme sincerity of attitude and interpretation) AND accepting Ne- AND Negative/Result (extreme boredness, discarding of ideas that are useless).

Now take that and observe it from the vantage point of an INTj...
    I am, and the revelation that Ne is choice is very helpful for the purpose. Motives determine choices made; there are all these possible motives out there, and by testing for the existence of motive energies, one can create theories of choice. On the other hand, the details are not at all clear to me. (because I have a different slave type, no doubt).

I believe a par excellence rendition of the idea, is to be found in the functional differentiation theory proper: if X motive is intrinsic to the person, then the effect of such will be the choice of Y in every situation that constellates the motivation. That's the theory of typology.