Thread: IN?P - seeking your analysis

Creepy-

Default IN?P - seeking your analysis

Greetings everyone. I've been investigating this concept of type for at least a year now, and my lack of ability to decide (1) whether or not the system is valid (which I suspect will take a more general understanding of what makes something valid in science) and (2) what my type is, has caused my mind to spin a lot of cycles on the topic, and it's making me dizzy.

While I feel resolved on the factors I, T, and P, I can't tip the balance to either side on S vs. N. I've thought about it, and decided that rather than feeding you a bias-filled description of myself, I'll just give you my journal URL as a starting point: http://livejournal.com/~mpnolan

Throw me your wildest ideas about my overall type (maybe you even think I'm an E?FJ ) and I'll evaluate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops. Either I wasn't logged in (I was sure I had!) or there's something peculiar happening in the software. In any case, the thread starter was me.

Also, I meant I?TP in the subject line. I hope I've cleaned up all the errors now, hehe.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I have to choose between INTp and ISTp, I would go with ISTp, if only because you seem quite active.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, though I'm skeptical at letting a single factor tip the scales so drastically.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a HUGE factor though!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still, counterexamples are conceivable, and I even have a few real ones in mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which sounds more like you?

Introverted intuition is also called Intuition of Time.

This function, instead of lots of possibilities, considers people and the world as if flowing in a big and insuperable stream of time. What does people's potential mean when it cannot be realized? Fate rules the world. Their usual condition is something like meditation. However, in spite of such “Buddhist” vital philosophy, they are very smart in adaptation to different crises that happen in life, and stoically tolerate even somebody else's petty tyranny. They are intellectuals, but they do not often want to demonstrate their ideas, preferring that other people would pay attention to them, and for this reason often seem to be “passive”. In fact, they do not think they are “passive” – the “wait for the good moment”.
    or

Introverted sensation is also called Feeling Sensation, or Space-settling Sensation.

Their sensation is more passive, it directs to getting as more pleasant feelings as possible, to reduction of quantity of unnecessary movements, to the quality of their work. They do not like to argue (if they began – it means that something VERY serious happened). They are often efficient in the work that requires attention to small details, monotonous chores etc. They like intellectuals, like new ideas, because these ideas make their life more diverse, but also ridicule intellectuals for their “impractical approach”.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we go by V.I., I would say he has quite the ISTp face.

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    BTW Cone, why is your avatar a picture of Wittgenstein?
    Because it is. He's a cool dude, you know.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Okay, I will not attempt to tell anyone what type they are. But… there are ways to figure this out for yourself. You are a big boy and I assume you can read right? Ah yes, very good. Now… read the descriptions, all of the ones you can find, read the Russian, read the English.. And at one point something should click. You might not be IxTp anything.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Implied, Cone, and I are all in love with Wittgenstein, Cone just isn’t afraid to show his love. God... that was one brilliant INTp

"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with that quote.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Well you are not INTp now are you? ISTp hedonist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Well you are not INTp now are you? ISTp hedonist.
    Sorry, but that quote just sounds like an excuse to waste your life. It's far easier to not do something than it is to do something. I believe it was Socrates who said that to be happy you should get married, otherwise you will end up becoming a philosopher. Issac Newton died a virgin. If this is the way an INTp thinks life should be, then I pity you guys.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I thought activity was indicative of extraversion. Have you considered that you might be ENTp. I always thought I was an introvert at first since I'm more into science than chit chat, but the ENTp-description fits best and as I said I don't know what Ni is all about...
    My understanding is that extroverts tend to have a carefree, vigorous personality around others. Sensing types seek activity in the sense of sport and otherwise using themselves to interact with tangible reality. Sort of different types of "activity" grouped under a common name.

I've considered that I might be shy and extroverted, but it seems unlikely. I usually prefer to eat alone while thinking and whne I'm around large groups of people I actually have conversations with them in my head rather than opening my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    which sounds more like you? ...
    I'm also balancing factors on both sides, and I'm really just unsure. Good descriptions, though - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Okay, I will not attempt to tell anyone what type they are. But… there are ways to figure this out for yourself. You are a big boy and I assume you can read right? Ah yes, very good. Now… read the descriptions, all of the ones you can find, read the Russian, read the English.. And at one point something should click. You might not be IxTp anything.
    I find your apparent condescension here offensive. My motivation for coming here was that I have studied the MBTI extensively, juggled my traits, and found myself unable to reach a conclusion. Given that I find it easier to try to type others, I figured others might be the same way.

And we are in the "What's my type?" forum...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... maybe I should have a picture of Richard Feynman as my avatar, I think he's the coolest ENTp I can think of.
    Socioniko.net types him as ENTj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feynman is one of my idols. I agree that he seems much more a P than a J.

There's a story in "Surely You're Joking" about how he had to get to the University of NC, but when he got to the airport he discovered that there are *two* UNCs. He generalized this lack of planning saying (paraphrased), "For some reason when I go somewhere I never bother to get the details--the addresses and stuff. I always just assume someone else will take care of it."

I find your apparent condescension here offensive. My motivation for coming here was that I have studied the MBTI extensively, juggled my traits, and found myself unable to reach a conclusion. Given that I find it easier to try to type others, I figured others might be the same way.

And we are in the "What's my type?" forum...
    You have misread my sarcasm. It seems to happen a lot unfortunately, I should work on being less sarcastic perchance? It’s really just my fucked up sense of humor, I chid people like they are four years old because I find it amusing. A bad habit to be sure.

I don’t refuse to share my opinion regarding your type because I am unhappy that you have posted or because I find you stupid, or for any other judgmental reason. I only refuse to because I have not accumulated enough information in this area and I wish not to misguide people. Also, I hate to look presumptuous.

You will accept my apology I hope?

Oh thumbs up to the Jim Morrison quote ILENTp!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I now have some photos up. Putting all previous impressions aside (or trying to, anyway ) I challenge you to speculate using:

http://mpn.ath.cx/~mpn/me.jpg
    http://mpn.ath.cx/~mpn/shadowslathered_ruthwalk.jpg
    http://mpn.ath.cx/~mpn/mike_ponytail_smile.jpg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I'd like to meet her, as apparently my facial expressions are pretty wild (though often intentionally overwraught) . Do you perchance have photos of any of the similar expressions?

(She could be my soulmate...)

btw, Sycophant, 'tis alright for sure. I don't even recall the situation, but suffice it to say I'm over it.