Thread: When would an ISFj or ESFp want some Ti?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When would an ISFj or ESFp want some Ti?

I was wondering if some Se and Fi-ers could speak to this.

I think whenever I try to Ti or speak from an understanding of things structurally it pisses them off so i stop doing that, but for everything. But then sometimes, they will say something that seems like they want me to do that. Can some people tell me *when* an ISFj or ESFp would want an abstract rule or structure (when something more immediate or practical is available)?

An example is something at work where we have a specific case, and ISFj asks for a general opinion, i give a general consideration, superiors go off of that to the specific, and then she says that's not what she asked. I am mystified by this behavior. Its so usually the other way around. Sometimes i think she just wants to be contrary to me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    An example is something at work where we have a specific case, and ISFj asks for a general opinion, i give a general consideration, superiors go off of that to the specific, and then she says that's not what she asked. I am mystified by this behavior. Its so usually the other way around. Sometimes i think she just wants to be contrary to me.
    Can you make it into a concrete example, with specific details?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think whenever I try to Ti or speak from an understanding of things structurally it pisses them off so i stop doing that, but for everything. But then sometimes, they will say something that seems like they want me to do that. Can some people tell me *when* an ISFj or ESFp would want an abstract rule or structure (when something more immediate or practical is available)?

Ask her what she's trying to accomplish or get a feel for what she needs the information for.

I'm a bit confused about the superior's role in this situation though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    That's a very real possibility you know.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't really understand what the situation is here. umm, could you elaborate on what actually happened?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like hearing Ti from people, because it always feels like it's delivered as a personal analysis and not as useful information. My way of seeking information is to first identify someone or something as a reliable source and to then simply ask them questions about things I want to know more about, and then I "make up my own mind" using what they've told me.

So to answer you, I think Gamma SFs won't ever really be very interested unless they've specifically asked you about something and you've explained it to them in a way that doesn't skip any steps along the way to the main idea. Whenever someone skips steps I can't intuit where I'm supposed to leap; my mind instead fills with chaos and I have no idea what they're talking about.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I don't like hearing Ti from people, because it always feels like it's delivered as a personal analysis and not as useful information. My way of seeking information is to first identify someone or something as a reliable source and to then simply ask them questions about things I want to know more about, and then I "make up my own mind" using what they've told me.

So to answer you, I think Gamma SFs won't ever really be very interested unless they've specifically asked you about something and you've explained it to them in a way that doesn't skip any steps along the way to the main idea. Whenever someone skips steps I can't intuit where I'm supposed to leap; my mind instead fills with chaos and I have no idea what they're talking about.
    Your Role could actually be partially responsible for that.
    SEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get this a lot with ESIs. "Could you help me with this?" *explain it* "Could you be more specific?"

I think they expect you to stay very close to the topic and give concrete advice (like "we should do this and this and this"), rather than an abstract analysis of the situation.

It's especially frustrating when they don't have a clear sense of what problem they want to solve in the first place.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I think they expect you to stay very close to the topic and give concrete advice (like "we should do this and this and this"), rather than an abstract analysis of the situation.
    Yep.

It's especially frustrating when they don't have a clear sense of what problem they want to solve in the first place.
    That's why I was saying that it's a good idea to try to get an idea of what exactly they're trying to accomplish (why they need the information, what they intend to do with it). They sometimes need to be pointed in the right direction more so than they need specific answers, and giving them useless information or ideas about something that's not even directly related to the subject is just going to overwhelm them. They'll feel like they need to sort out the useful from the useless, and that's what they were probably asking you to do in the first place.
    SEE