Thread: What types are overally concerned with productivity?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types are overally concerned with productivity?

I.e. that everything must be productive; that fun equates to achieving their goals? Everything is done with 'how does this benefit me / help me achieve my goals?' and is not undertaken if it doesn't.

Thanks! xx
    ENTp... love it

3w2

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably Fi types. Te types can answer that question well enough on their own.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi really? That viewpoint seems mostly foreign to me.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I'd guess all types are concerned with productivity the way you define it. Goals would differ, though.
    i don't think a lot of types are. but it seems like it is showing that YOU ARE. is that true, since you think that all types would be?

it is for me and it also seems we might be the same type. whatcha think?

i think it's Te that is concerned with productivity in all of their actions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    For me productivity is not something I am strongly aware of really, but everything I do, is done to achieve my more distant life-goal. I guess you could say my goal is to develop myself (become wise) through observing life. On my way to find wisdom I will develop everyone and everything else - other people (make them find happiness), products (make them more useful), systems (make them more efficient) and social environments (make them more positive and less rigid), etc. When I do something it's always important that it is in line with my values and life goals, somehow. I guess maybe I misunderstood the initial question, and I don't care to achieve any immediate goals. But my raison-d'etre is never forgotten, and even though other people would see me as random, impulsive and unplanned, I have a purpose and direction in most things I do (wisdom is found in places you haven't seen before...).

I don't know if we are the same type, but we might be. I perceive you a little more of an S-type of person, so maybe you're a ESFp and I an ENFp? However you do seem a little shy and private about certain things contrasting your obvious E - in a manner I recognize in myself. :-)
    you're very astute. and i ditto again ALL you've said here. for me, everything i do has a purpose too, a long range purpose with my life values and goals. yes, i don't care about immediate goals either and others see me as impulsive but i know that i have purpose and direction in all i do.

wisdom, yes. and i bring others along for the ride, helping them as i go too. and it is so.

oh yes, we're the same type alright.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    I.e. that everything must be productive; that fun equates to achieving their goals? Everything is done with 'how does this benefit me / help me achieve my goals?' and is not undertaken if it doesn't.

Thanks! xx
    I used to be like that. I found that it wasn't particularly effective though, so I changed my way of thinking about goals. (I do find the irony in this amusing, btw. )
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post

Thanks! xx
    I would say not a type with Ne leading. For example, I need to know if something is worth pursuing, whereas my ENFP friends will just be like "you can't know how this will play out. you should just do it if you like it."
    I would guess more likely rational types, with the exact motivator and defintion of "benefit" serving as a differentiator for the types. But I don't really know. Can irrational types comment?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    And we can't?
    Yeah, but in my experience, they (you, maybe) are less sure of being right. It would probably be the same for Te types in Fi matters.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm going to be doing something that will incur significant expense (monetary or otherwise) then I make sure I'm productive and efficient in what I do. I don't apply this philosophy to everything though since I'd probably tire myself out constantly thinking the most productive way to do every little thing. Sometimes just for the hell of it I'll even do things in an unproductive fashion if I know it won't have any serious repercussions. I'm silly like that. But that's only for small things though...a good example is if I'm typing a fairly large amount of text to several separate people, sometimes rather than copying and pasting I'll re-type verbatim the text I've already typed. I do this at work actually; when sending semi-regular emails to a certain client, albeit with some of the details changing depending on the email, rather than just creating a template for myself, I'll actually go through the hassle of typing the email from scratch even though it's exactly the same body of text I type each time. I'm perfectly aware there's more efficient ways of going about it, but at the end of the day it's not even wasting a great deal of time (since the emails are rather short) so I know that in the long run it makes no difference which one I do. It's a silly way of doing things, but I honestly don't care.

But yeah, tangent aside, I only make sure I'm being productive or efficient or whatever when I feel there's a need for it; it's not how I am 100% of the time.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Probably Fi types. Te types can answer that question well enough on their own.
    agreed...fi means what the enviroment needs...et some yes, too...the supervisor estj...shairing the agenda to be perfect with the esfj.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.