Thread: Aristocracy: Beta vs Delta

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aristocracy: Beta vs Delta

New forum ENFp Mimosa Pudica described aristocracy
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=19285

This is different from how I divide people. Seems that deltas divide people into groups depending on their inner personality. There's kind people, mean people, warm, considerate etc. This is not the same with me and a few betas I've observed. Seems betas divide people into groups depending on their outer traits. There's energetic people, gloomy people, quiet people, loud people, etc. Consistent with vs .

Also, betas like organizations. One IEI has joined everything from fraternities to freemasons... Plus there are other kinds of outer trait groups - there's age groups, hobby groups, fitness groups (e.g. sporty) etc. I'm not sure how deltas feel about that, but I haven't noticed any of this in deltas.

just wanted to share my observation. Discuss if you want.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

My POV (I don't want to hurt anybody)

Betas like to talk to "outsiders" to meet them. Once they notice you are "not too strong" and "goofy" they will try to fuck you up. If you keep up once or twice they will accept you as a "friendly outsider who understands that we are just kidding and he does not deserve to be disturbed". If you get angry they will escalate into a full harassment. I like betas

Deltas will look at you and will decide you are not of them. They will not even try to know you because of your clothes or your hair or some reason even more stupid. Once you have rapport with a Delta person don't trust them because they don't give a fuck about anything but their ass. Deltas are disappointing
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    New forum ENFp Mimosa Pudica described aristocracy
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=19285

This is different from how I divide people. Seems that deltas divide people into groups depending on their inner personality. There's kind people, mean people, warm, considerate etc. This is not the same with me and a few betas I've observed. Seems betas divide people into groups depending on their outer traits. There's energetic people, gloomy people, quiet people, loud people, etc. Consistent with vs .
    I wonder if this is also vs. ?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post

Betas like to talk to "outsiders" to meet them. Once they notice you are "not too strong" and "goofy" they will try to fuck you up. If you keep up once or twice they will accept you as a "friendly outsider who understands that we are just kidding and he does not deserve to be disturbed". If you get angry they will escalate into a full harassment. I like betas

Deltas will look at you and will decide you are not of them. They will not even try to know you because of your clothes or your hair or some reason even more stupid. Once you have rapport with a Delta person don't trust them because they don't give a fuck about anything but their ass. Deltas are disappointing
    I like reading stuff like this b/c it is funny, but I hope that other ppl do not read it and think that it is true/might be true... "Because of your clothes, or your hair... don't give a fuck about anything anything but their ass..."

Where are you coming up with this crap? It's nonsense generalities masquerading as POV. Also, it makes me wonder whether you've ever correctly typed a Delta--or whether you're just lumping all of the douches you've met into a catch-all category, i.e. "Delta." Tell us the truth, did some Delta girl do you wrong long/not-so-long ago..?

1981slater, related to this topic, please explain your 'knowledge' of Delta to us--how about type-by-type..? We can all learn from it, one way or another.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a couple of EIIs who size people up and make inner judgments that are pretty hard to change. I dunno exactly what's going through their heads but one of them is my mother and I remember her judging my boyfriends based on the way they looked--for years she didn't like one guy, couldn't understand why he would wear his hair long, etc, and it took her a VERY long time for her to give him a fair chance. He was nothing but a complete gentleman and very funny also. By contrast, because another boyfriend (now my husband) looked so neat and conservative, she liked him right away. And these aren't just observations regarding my mom--she admits to this being true, that she tends to judge people very strongly based on their "image". And she's knows it's not the best way to be, but she can't seem to help it.

I, personally, have been judged by another EII to be untrustworthy for whatever reason. Despite numerous attempts at friendliness and goodwill, she insists on not allowing me to penetrate her preconceived notion of who I am.

So....I'm not saying this is deltas across the board but these are my experiences.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post

I tend to disagree. As a delta, I like to not judge at first, even if I have a hunch that the person may not be compatible with me. I like to disregard my first impression and keep my mind open to our interaction. I try to be as open to people as I can so that I can create the best possible circumstances for our interaction. If people are nice, I'll want to hang out with them according to how well we get along. It's as simple as that - how well we get along. It's not about clothes or hair () but according to how I get along with the person. I have no idea where you got that impression from but I don't make my judgment on such parameters and find that they get in the way of meeting new and interesting people. I will say though that those who do judge on those parameters really miss out. I try to keep myself as open minded as possible because I believe there is much more to people than what meets the eye.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet, the forum ate my post. Summary:

@ Redbaron: That's pretty sad. They both seem to me to not really use much Ne though. The firmness and lack of depth in their judgements of others is not what I'd consider typical of a delta NF, but they're also hardly impossible.

@ Kristiina: I think you made some good points. Deltas probably aren't so prone to organizing as betas, though I do think that common interests or hobbies are the most likely reason for deltas to group together. There may be more of an emphasis on coming together for a productive end than betas, who might find the social stimulation and togetherness more of a pull. Does that observation seem consistent in your experience?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post

@ Redbaron: That's pretty sad. They both seem to me to not really use much Ne though. The firmness and lack of depth in their judgements of others is not what I'd consider typical of a delta NF, but they're also hardly impossible.
    Well my mother uses Ne in other ways--She can brainstorm like a banshee but it's almost like it has to be nudged or brought to her attention that it's needed--it's not her first most automatic response.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post

@ Kristiina: I think you made some good points. Deltas probably aren't so prone to organizing as betas, though I do think that common interests or hobbies are the most likely reason for deltas to group together. There may be more of an emphasis on coming together for a productive end than betas, who might find the social stimulation and togetherness more of a pull. Does that observation seem consistent in your experience?
    yes, it's consistent. Delta gatherings seem to be "lets go and educate ourselves together". Watching an interesting movie or trying out a new restaurant. Beta gatherings are more "lets go out and have fun. Lets watch a movie or something...".

How about this -
    when betas do go out for a fun time, they are one close group. Everyone's a member.
    When deltas go out for an educational time (), each of them is friends with someone else in the group. Deltas try to respect the people they hang out with, but they are only there because of the specific friends there.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    How about this -
    when betas do go out for a fun time, they are one close group. Everyone's a member.
    When deltas go out for an educational time (), each of them is friends with someone else in the group. Deltas try to respect the people they hang out with, but they are only there because of the specific friends there.
    Yeah, this is good, it shows the difference between +Fi and +Ti: +Fi connects people together, and +Ti creates categories.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these are all useless sweeping generalizations. ALL OF EM!

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ur a useless sweeping generalization!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump, this thread has died out short, any more thoughts on this subject?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lul...

That Mimosa Pudica...