Thread: Effect of Enneagram Instinct Stacking on Socionics Type??

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Effect of Enneagram Instinct Stacking on Socionics Type??

So I've been trying to figure out my instinct stacking, and I've been reading up on it a bunch. I came across some information about how different elements from instinct or enneagram can affect how your socionics types manifests itself (makes sense to me). But what I'm wondering is how do all these things overlap?? Does anyone know? Are there any theories on this kind of thing???

Just some examples of what I'm wondering, I've heard some people saying that so correlates with Fe, and that sp correlates with Fi, and that sx is often related to Betas or E4?

I've just found that when I take a test for my instinctual variant, it keeps coming out so, but I don't identify with the descriptions of it as much as the other two. I was wondering if perhaps its because I use Fe??

Any input or experience with this would be great c:
    Or just....post random thoughts here. I don't know haha
    Last edited by sweetgingerpeach; 02-09-2014 at 11:11 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ILI 5 with a primary SO instinct and an SEE (unsure of e-type) with a primary SO.

Why would SP be Fi?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember where I found it, but they were saying that it's the sense of comfort and things "feeling" right to them. The atmosphere has to be just right, according to them....not necessarily for any aesthetic or practical reasoning. Apparently that's an Fi thing?? I don't really know. I wish I could find the quote now :/

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetgingerpeach View Post
    I can't remember where I found it, but they were saying that it's the sense of comfort and things "feeling" right to them. The atmosphere has to be just right, according to them....not necessarily for any aesthetic or practical reasoning. Apparently that's an Fi thing?? I don't really know. I wish I could find the quote now :/
    I don't see why it'd have anything to do with (Socionics Fi). It sounds more like , but there are non -valuers who are SP-primary. *pulls @woofwoofl into the thread*
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it seems more like Si to me too.....but they said Fi for whatever reason. That's why I thought I'd bring the idea to more knowledgeable minds hahaha

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've summarized a few cross-overs of traits that I've noticed before (re-posting it below). At some point I wanted to create a more detailed write-up but haven't gotten around to it as it's a lot to juggle at once trying to correlate socionics to enneagram. At first impression I think your instincts might be so/sx @sweetgingerpeach.

Those who have spent some time studying MBTI, socionics, and enneagram types usually notice that they overlap in several traits, making it easy to mis-attribute traits from one system to another. Here are a few common "crossroads":

1. SO-first need for connection with the greater social scene may be mistaken for extroversion. SO-last stackings, to the contrary, highlight traits commonly attributed to introversion.
    2. Social instinct is sometimes mistaken for Fe, ethics in general, and "Aristocratic" trait in socionics. This is because stackings with SO instinct have a proclivity to interpret events within socio-cultural context and may exhibit a pronounced interest in 'soft' sciences.
    3. Social, inclusive, friendly, and sometimes bubbly nature of SO-firsts and SX/SO can lead them to be taken for Ethical types.
    4. SX-first craving for enlivening, intense experiences and sometimes lowered barrier to confrontation can be mistaken for extraverted sensing (Se) and extraverted feeling (Fe). SX-firsts may inadvertently draw attention to themselves in a way that overlaps with socionics Fe-HA. SX/SO stackings often exhibit contarian, revolutionary attitudes that is often confused for belonging to Beta quadra. On a more rare occasion SX emphasis and insistence of their personal preferences, likes and dislikes, is also mistaken for preference for Fi.
    5. Self-preservation (SP) instinct's focus on practical and pragmatic matters may be easily confused for sensing and logic. Income and salary concerns, planning, scheduling, budgeting, can be mistaken for strong sensing orientation, Si/Se, as well as extraverted logic, Te. In particular SP/SX's interest in things that serve as common denominators of life (family, food, daily activities and chores, etc.) can lead them to consider themselves to be Sensing types.
    6. The dry sobriety in communication of SX-last stacking can lead them to view themselves as Logical types. This is further reinforced if their main enneagram type is within the head triad.
    7. Eneagram's head triad, 5-6-7, can be mistaken for T-preference.
    8. Adventurism and search for more satisfying experiences of enneagram Type 7 can be confused for extraverted sensorics, Se, resulting in erroneous typings of ENxPs and ENxJs - as ESxPs.
    9. Focus on emotional needs, friendship and family bonds, and social obligations of type 2 can be mitaken for preference for extraverted ethics (Fe).

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@silke: Ah thank you! That's a helpful list c:

What about me gives the impression for the so/sx stacking? I personally feel less of a connection with SO, but then that could be that my Si is making me relate to the SP instinct or my Fe to SX. I'm all really new to instinct variants. I literally looked it up for the first time yesterday xD