Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Why Maria Isn't An ILI

  1. #1
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Why Maria Isn't An ILI

    First of all, I want to apologise for having to subject the entire forum to my outrage at the way I was treated by Maria on stickam. Secondly, in this case, I'll prohibit the use of the kind of arguments she directed at me for why I was not an SEE (namely "I just don't see it" and "you don't act like Danielle does". However, I will use comparisons to emphasise certain aspects of her personality that just don't fit at all).

    1. Her valuing of Ti This, to my mind, is practically unadulterated. Maria will often give off the air that she actually values what others are saying, but in reality, she only does this on the basis that it fits in with her own ideas. She is unwilling to consider anything beyond what she believes any given type should act or sound like. She believes she understand what Ti is, and so you're met with "you're wrong" if you try to explain phenomena using a function other than Ti that she believes is attributable to Ti. I managed to piece together some kind of definition of Fi from her, and there was essentially nothing there that Augusta had actually explicitly stated about Fi, clearly implying that Maria has no idea what Fi is (where she gets her definition of it from I don't know). Bottom line is, if she feels that others acknowledge that she is an ILI, then she feels she is safe. When someone threatens said safety, she has a major problem with them.

    2. Her poor use of logic Call me a hypocrite, but at least I recognise my own sporadic style of argumentation. Maria will throw suggestions out there like there's no tomorrow, with no clear, linear way of thinking evident. Often the suggestions will be so ridiculous that her credibility for typing anyone is called into question. In comparison to niffweed, who will happily explain his rational for what he thinks, Maria refuses to do so; she wants to hear your argument first. Why? Because she doesn't have one, and she thinks that if you provide her with one which is slightly flawed, she will attack it if it doesn't fit in with her worldview. It is a way of her feeling more confident in her ability to argue a point well. niffweed is what I call a constructive arguer or debater (I would also say that Isha, reyn_til_runa and BLauritson would no doubt take the same route as niffweed in a debate); he will make a case, hear your own, and then make a decision from there. Maria is what I will call a destructive arguer; she'll ruthlessly stonewall you until she gets her point made, and refuses to provide any kind of counterargument beyond *sigh* and "no no no no no, you don't understand!".

    3. Irrational behaviour I'll start by saying that Maria's kicking me out of her stickam room was completely unjustified. However, because I'm reasonable, I understand that a lot of other people would do that under the kind of pressure she couldn't handle. The fact of the matter is, it's almost unthinkable that someone like niffweed would resort to that course of action under the same circumstances in which Maria found herself. If, for example, Ashton walked into the room, he would leave. Why? Because he realises that he no longer wishes to associate himself with someone who provides niffweed with absolutely no reason to associate himself with them. There are two differences between how he would go about it and how Maria did.

    Firstly, niffweed realises that other members of the chat may wish to speak to Ashton, whereas he - evidently - does not. (Expat is another example of someone who would "walk out" so to speak, if Ashton arrived on the scene (being the16types.info).) In this way, he is being completely reasonable: "I do not wish to speak to Ashton so I will leave". Isha would've done the same; I am willing to bet my life on it, ifmd95 . Others can make their own mind up about him. Did I receive this option? Of course not. Maria's solution to my (entirely civilised and rational) challenging everything she came out with was to kick me. Simple as that. There's no democracy there. It's despotism in its purest form: ou will leave, because I do not want to speak to you.

    Secondly, there is the actual action itself; the fact that it was irrational. I'm not talking about irrational in the socionics sense, otherwise niffweed and any other ILI host of a chat would've done the same. But niffweed has been a host before on many occasions, and he has never imposed his will on someone else in the way Maria did. I'm not criticising her for suffering from the pressure; although my earlier irrational attack of her was about her being weak in the face of adversity, it was completely irrational and heated, and so in this case will be discounted. What I'm trying to get across is that an ILI would not act in the way she did. Even if niffweed felt pressure (and I can tell you now, the same kind of pressure I was giving Maria, Gilly was giving niffweed tenfold a night or two ago), he would not act in this way. He would take the pressure (as he did with Gilly), and calmly explain how Gilly was mistaken in his views.

    4. Unwillingness to explain anything and her uncharacteristic reactiveness This, along with her kicking me, was the most infuriating thing of all about Maria's conduct. This is what truly put the cherry on top for my judging her as what I have judged her as. Again, inevitably, I will have to use niffweed to illustrate my next point. As I explained in the third argument for Maria's not being an ILI, niffweed - instead of banning Gilly for his heated arguments - coolly heard him out and explained how his viewpoint was flawed. (To prove that I am not sucking up to niffweed, I actually disagreed with what he and thehotelambush were arguing, and agreed with Gilly.) Gilly was far more vehement in his viewpoints; far more forceful in getting his views heard than I was with Maria, and niffweed took it. He took it because niffweed is comfortable with another's use of Se. Simply put, Maria, in contrast, could not handle my use of Se. It wasn't about my shouting or being aggressive, because she was getting just wound up as I was, it was because nothing she said was remotely productive or useful, and she couldn't hack the fact that I had no reason to believe or agree with anything she was saying. Maria reacted aggressively to a direct perceived (note, perceived) threat in the form of myself. niffweed recognised that no one was threatening him, for the very easy explanation that there was no threat. Gilly was arguing a point (as I did) and niffweed took it on board. Maria blocks me out of her worldview and abuses her powers. Explanation? There wasn't one. I was acting in no way different from how I normally act.

    5. Inability to see the relevant details of an argument or point This is something which most ILIs would scoff at when taking it in conjunction with themselves. They are masters of this; extremely adept in being able to see what is relevant and what isn't. Not four hours ago, Isha was generous enough to help put me things into perspective for my socionicsworkshop.com list of why I could be an SLE and why I could be an SEE (for those of you who are unaware and interested, here is the link*). Basically, we went through systematically and eliminated any sentiments which belonged to Se reasoning alone (and thus did not aid the case for either SLE or SEE, but rather for Se along). She asked me a variety of questions, which I answered accordingly; what Isha did was let me come to my own conclusion by guiding me in a given direction. This, I might also note, is something else which ILIs are very good at doing; shifting things into perspective for someone with their Te creative. Maria, on the other hand, has no perspective. She has no arguments to voice, and fails dismally at attempting to put someone else's rational into perspective. What she does do is say that x is the case because - and this is the part that is unrevealed by her - she "gets the feeling" or thinks something "would be the case". Okay, I do this, but this is just another argument for weak logic for me. Why would someone who is strong in logic use this same rationale? They wouldn't. I showed her the page, and she basically proceeded to become vocally aggressive towards me, which in turn meant I had to raise my voice to actually get my point through her blockade.

    *Here, Maria claims that I called her "autistic". She keeps bringing this up every time I consider strong Fi in myself. Firstly, I never claimed she was autistic. What I did was completely with the best intentions joke about how she, with poor Fe, could now see that Leon was happy because he was smiling, and now he has a sad face, so he is sad. Her extreme sensitivity here was simply not justified by the joke that was not at all meant to offend. Someone like niffweed or Isha would have merely laughed it off. She claims that "past a certain point i don't understand why one's dual would be essentially pounding on the polr of said dual". The fact that she calls it "pounding" simply serves to show that she totally overreacted to my harmless joke which I apologised profusely for. I made a single joke - this is a single, isolated case, people - from which she drew enormous claims about (that is, my type). Another reason to showThe fact that she justifies it as her having valued Fi and my having weak, unvalued Fi is simply ridiculous; it serves as another reason why Maria has no idea what Fi is.

  2. #2
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wasn't aware this needed justification. I mean, I guess people could see IxTp, but Ni??

  3. #3
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so why are you not a Fe-valuer with this dramatic, florid, emotional scene?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  4. #4
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow. This is a bit over the top.

  5. #5
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's a magnificently outrageous discourse with an underlying propagandic tone to it.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  6. #6
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think it's a magnificently outrageous discourse with an underlying propagandic tone to it.
    gamlet!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  7. #7
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    gamlet!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    And for posterity's sake... here it is again if you should decide to change it.
    HAHHAHAHAHAHA
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  8. #8
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As a side note, I found it interesting that, if you are an SEE, your critique of implied would seem to revolve so heavily from the perspective of your PoLR function.

  9. #9
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She's Fi ENFp and reacts quite aversely to most Ti, and just because her mic crackles when she raises her voice frequently and kicks people often enough doesn't mean she's Se.

    If anything she tries to maintain some sense of harmony in the chat environment consistent with her personal beliefs as to how a chat should be run which says Delta Fi Si to me.

    Oh yeah and nuh uh to Ni.

  10. #10
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    As a side note, I found it interesting that, if you are an SEE, your critique of implied would seem to revolve so heavily from the perspective of your PoLR function.
    yeah, plus one to this.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  11. #11
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    As a side note, I found it interesting that, if you are an SEE, your critique of implied would seem to revolve so heavily from the perspective of your PoLR function.
    How so, munenori? You mean what I say or the way I structure it?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    As a side note, I found it interesting that, if you are an SEE, your critique of implied would seem to revolve so heavily from the perspective of your PoLR function.
    +1. Many of Ezra's posts are brimming with
    LII

  13. #13
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    who the f is maria?

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    implied

    I don't think she's ILI either, most likely. And I do think Ezra's most likely SEE. It's got nothing to do with how they get along with each other though.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  15. #15
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    implied

    I don't think she's ILI either, most likely. And I do think Ezra's most likely SEE. It's got nothing to do with how they get along with each other though.
    i think you're sort of stupid for this, honestly. i don't see how you can possibly see strong ethics like a SEE would produce.
    Last edited by implied; 06-04-2008 at 03:20 AM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  16. #16
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    She's Fi ENFp and reacts quite aversely to most Ti, and just because her mic crackles when she raises her voice frequently and kicks people often enough doesn't mean she's Se.

    If anything she tries to maintain some sense of harmony in the chat environment consistent with her personal beliefs as to how a chat should be run which says Delta Fi Si to me.

    Oh yeah and nuh uh to Ni.
    i think she does not value Ti.

  18. #18
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  19. #19
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well i'm more convinced that i may have stronger Si than i previously thought after having witnessed joy's supplement collection. aside from that i guess it could explain my affinity for XNFps in general. at any rate there are more than a few people who would agree with you on that assessment, ifmd95.
    Last edited by implied; 06-04-2008 at 07:05 AM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  20. #20
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    just because her mic crackles when she raises her voice frequently and kicks people often enough doesn't mean she's Se.


    If anything she tries to maintain some sense of harmony in the chat environment consistent with her personal beliefs as to how a chat should be run which says Delta Fi Si to me.
    I completely disagree with this. Have you forgotten about the way she was like "Steve, I think what you're saying is complete bullshit, because it is not the case that..."?

    Quote Originally Posted by akeaneau View Post
    +1. Many of Ezra's posts are brimming with
    Yes, Ti that seems to change opinion every day, without second thought, based on some Te input from someone like Expat or niffweed or, more recently, Joy. Ti that is willing to consider possibilities unrelated to one's own sentiments on the matter. Ti that will harness one's own moral code in favour of global morals that are simply the right way to go. Ti that often contradicts itself when in argument, so blatantly, in fact, that people point it out in all its ridiculousness. If this is Ti, then I congratulate you on typing me correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think you're sort of stupid for this, honestly. i don't see how you can possibly see strong ethics like a SEE would produce.
    Just out of interest, what's your conception of Fi?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  21. #21
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    i'm not reminded by her of the other self-typed INTp's -- less Ni than say reyn or BL. a different relationship with Fe than niffweed or Quirk.

    if she's gamma, then maybe ISFj. but right now i think ISTp-Te makes the most sense.

    i argued Delta values in the past. backpedaled on that because she didn't seem Fe POLR (of the other delta types -- i don't think EP temperament or Se POLR make much sense, either.)

    but as positivists and Si-valuers, i'm starting to think ISTp POLR appears a bit different from INTp.

    to that same conclusion -- Ezra mentioned her being less explanatory than INTp's. but delta Te, though no less "strong" than gamma Te, is typically less interested in correcting others Te, unless it interferes with their own applications. gamma is the "reformer" quadra after all.

    in addition to that, perhaps Ezra is seeing "weak" Ti because they differ greatly in Ti/Te preference. i don't think the asterisked point of Ezra's is related to devalued-Fi. but perhaps instead, ISTp Fe.

    emotional environments are related to perceptive functions too. delta Si is related to stable, nonthreatening emotional environments. while INTp POLR may upset the Si of an emotional environment, ISTp POLR seems more related to badly reacting when that Si is upset.

    the "gets the feeling" thing with little rationale afterwards could be weak logic. but among beta NF's among beta NF's here, problems here seem to coincide with a lot of Ti-super id rationalization.
    These are all very good points, the best case I have seen for ISTp so far. I'm not sure I agree with ISTp as a typing, but the argument is very good.

    It points also to a larger issue, namely, sometimes people don't recognize some functions because they are only thinking of one "version". One common problem is the assumption that "Fe" = "Fe+Si", or that "Ni" = "Ni+Fe". Likewise, indeed, that "Fe PoLR" = "Fe+Si in superego" which is merely the Gamma NT version; the ISTp version is "Fe+Ni in superego".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  22. #22
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    These are all very good points, the best case I have seen for ISTp so far. I'm not sure I agree with ISTp as a typing, but the argument is very good.

    It points also to a larger issue, namely, sometimes people don't recognize some functions because they are only thinking of one "version". One common problem is the assumption that "Fe" = "Fe+Si", or that "Ni" = "Ni+Fe". Likewise, indeed, that "Fe PoLR" = "Fe+Si in superego" which is merely the Gamma NT version; the ISTp version is "Fe+Ni in superego".
    yeah, i agree it's very good. and fwiw my version of Fi does have a lot to do with maintaining stable relationships in an environment. it is said that even though SEEs can have fights that will end relationships, they'll eventually swing back around and apologize or whatever. at any rate he's got a very good point, that i think corresponds well with myself -- i have pretty much no desire to deal with anyone who can't deal with me or work with me somehow. in that sense, i think delta makes more sense. i've also really thought about ways to counter any of ezra's arguments and then simply thought that it wasn't worth my time to force myself to give a well thought out answer to someone i can't stand.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  23. #23
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    These are all very good points, the best case I have seen for ISTp so far. I'm not sure I agree with ISTp as a typing, but the argument is very good.

    It points also to a larger issue, namely, sometimes people don't recognize some functions because they are only thinking of one "version". One common problem is the assumption that "Fe" = "Fe+Si", or that "Ni" = "Ni+Fe". Likewise, indeed, that "Fe PoLR" = "Fe+Si in superego" which is merely the Gamma NT version; the ISTp version is "Fe+Ni in superego".
    Unfortunately though Si is not her strong point, so it makes ISTp highly unlikely if not impossible. Sorry for not elaborating more on why, it's just with it being a public forum sorry.


    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    yeah, i agree it's very good. and fwiw my version of Fi does have a lot to do with maintaining stable relationships in an environment. it is said that even though SEEs can have fights that will end relationships, they'll eventually swing back around and apologize or whatever. at any rate he's got a very good point, that i think corresponds well with myself -- i have pretty much no desire to deal with anyone who can't deal with me or work with me somehow. in that sense, i think delta makes more sense. i've also really thought about ways to counter any of ezra's arguments and then simply thought that it wasn't worth my time to force myself to give a well thought out answer to someone i can't stand.
    Tell me, why do you move from being best trans-atlantic buddies with Ezra one day then the next day he is someone you can't stand. Fi seeking, certainly in ISTp doesn't work like that...they tend to keep seeing the good in someone even when others can see that there is none left to see.


    And people like Minde and Meatburger would be more inclined to smooth over rough patches, maybe more so Meatburger but still Minde also. They wouldn't take the harsh stand that you can and to so quickly take. Your not ISTp, INFj, ENFp Delta, and I dont think ESTj really been considered for you lol. I attribute your behavour to some sort of Se valueing quadra.

  24. #24
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Unfortunately though Si is not her strong point, so it makes ISTp highly unlikely if not impossible. Sorry for not elaborating more on why, it's just with it being a public forum sorry.



    Tell me, why do you move from being best trans-atlantic buddies with Ezra one day then the next day he is someone you can't stand. Fi seeking, certainly in ISTp doesn't work like that...they tend to keep seeing the good in someone even when others can see that there is none left to see.
    there are descriptions that state pretty much the opposite.

    And people like Minde and Meatburger would be more inclined to smooth over rough patches, maybe more so Meatburger but still Minde also. They wouldn't take the harsh stand that you can and to so quicly take. Your not Delta, your some sort of Se valueing quadra.
    i wouldn't consider that many Ts in general would be so great at this as compared to an ENFp and an INFj. why should ISTps be exceptionally adept at repairing and maintaining relationships in this sense? maybe the would help with that, but that's all i really see. aside from that, i'll make amends with people who actually want to make amends with me, if i think it's worth the effort, but ezra is a totally different case.
    Last edited by implied; 06-04-2008 at 04:31 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  25. #25
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    there are descriptions that state pretty much the opposite.
    That you are good at Si? You know and I know it's not the case, like I say later I wouldn't feel right commenting on forum.

    And in regards to the other desciptions about Fi seeking, you should disregard them, but even although I am an ISTp, you don't have to take my word for it. If you look in Delta, Expat wrote quite a few things about ISTp's HA in one of the threads, and from what I recall, what I said about their Fi seeking pretty much ties in with his outlook, seriously.

    i wouldn't consider that many Ts in general would be so great at this as compared to an ENFp and an INFj. why should ISTps be exceptionally adept at repairing and maintaining relationships in this sense? maybe the would help with that, but that's all i really see.
    ENFp and INFj - DELTA
    Minde and Meatburger aren't T's their F's - Fi ego types. What I'm saying is that they are far better at smoothing over disagreements and understand how the other person is feeling and come - from an internal point of view than what you repeatedly demonstrate, which is because of their Fi especially with their Ne. You aren't as anywhere near skilled at this as those two or other ENFp's or INFp's at this (and you know it) so you can't be those two members of delta.

    SOME MORE ON ISTp

    I never said ISTp's are adept at repairing and maintaining relationships, they're not. But because they are Fi seeking, they keep seeing good in people even when it isn't there, they keep trying to believe there is good 'static' bonds between them. I don't think you are like that, this part is crucial to a dominant Si type - and this is why you can't be ISTp -you know that you are not as confident in some Si areas as a dominant Si would be and is...therefore, although you may perhaps like the idea of being an ISTp, you shouldn't consider ISTp because you just can't be an Si dominant, know matter what gets said (without going into details of why, but I'm trying to say that you are aware of them, and at least I am aware of them, but I don't think it's right to comment on a forum, which is why I'd rather leave it at that )

    ILI GAMMA - Following with Brief Summary

    Personally I think you could be Fi seeking however, but as we can see it's not delta seeking (you don't have dominant Si) its more so with an Ni ego block. INTp is as good as any. You know sometimes I wonder if you challenge people in such a way which can be a clear sign of Se seeking with the Fi seeking you still suspect you have.

    Also the way that you are often unsure of yourself or what you think, you know that can be most definitelty a product of dominant Ni in comparison to the other elements. Everything fits for INTp, and you should remember this the next time someone tries to give you yet another type

    OTHER TYPES

    I do beleive it or not have another type for you, with a reasonable justification, but it will probably not be entertained by forum members. In any event, I'm having to sign off now. I hope this is useful --- and remember...where's your dominant Si?


    PS I hope this post doesn't get lost in the maelstrom lol

  26. #26
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    cut
    I think she's ISFj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  27. #27
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    so why the Fi ego typing instead of an Si ego one?

    (not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with you, just interested in your rationale)
    She seems extroverted and if you compare her to an ISTp like LokiVanguard, there's a difference.

  28. #28
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I completely disagree with this. Have you forgotten about the way she was like "Steve, I think what you're saying is complete bullshit, because it is not the case that..."?
    No I haven't - in fact that's what I'm referring to. She seems to get all abrasive when someone threatens the way she wants things to go, and people presenting (according to her) unfounded bullshit arguments or claims as to a person's type or other things. Yes there are additional non-socionics factors highly related here, but there's an overriding style as to how she goes about imposing her way that is highly delta.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •