Thread: ILI or IEI (or 'Type this Wench')

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI or IEI (or 'Type this Wench')

Last edited by aixelsyd; 10-01-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quite honestly, I always assumed that you were some kind of logical type.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Lol, I think you were one of the few who kind of questioned my type and I was like, 'What?' Heh, but I keep looking back and keep thinking you were right to have said that.

Very right indeed.
    Really, did I? If I did I don't remember, or you could be confusing me with someone else. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without doing a detailed analysis which I can't be bothered to do (I have read the entire post though), I'd say with reasonable confidence you're ILI. Mainly because I relate to a lot of what you've written and nothing stood out as really contradicting my understanding of ILIs. If you really want a detailed analysis I can provide one, but it might be some time before I do so (I'm lazy like that). 'tis up to you.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I come across as stand-offish, aloof, though I am quite gentle and affable with people who have broken through that facade. I constantly put up facades. I won't allow people to see 'the real me' to mostly protect myself from skewed judgment and gossip.

I can be overly serious and negative when in deep thought. I tend to regard life as a waste and yet try to hope for the best in that I find a satisfying career where I can do something worthwhile with this life. I can be overcome with bitterness when I think on all of humanity's evils and idiocy.

When provoked or angered, I tend to focus on the offenders idiocy versus them being insensitive even if my real anger is due to willful ignorance combined with unconstrained emotion.

I try to not judge other people's viewpoints when I think they have sufficient reasons for believing what they do, even if I think the reasons are poor (but justified at another angle). I am open to hearing other's ideas when personally engaged with them in discussion, but otherwise, I tend to focus on my own ideas and not listen to others. I used to think I was a lot more perceptive than most people, but I don't think in such arrogant terms anymore, but I still have a tendency to easily dismiss people's ideas.

I am very much philosophically inclined though I don't read much on philosophy. I choose to develop my own or understand others through their lives, their works, etc.

I tend to try to keep things peaceful between others. I get dismayed by heated debates and usually avoid debates because I always come to second-guess my own ideas or assume I will be misunderstood on my points. Often when I make points, I am not wholly sure about everything I am saying but then I find myself believing more strongly in my argument as I stand for my defense. Ultimately, though, I seek to protect my credibility and that is why I try to be open to other viewpoints that conflict with my own.

I am not easily moved by strong emotions. However, I tend to actively search for music, games, fiction, etc that will move me to feel something strongly. I refuse to show myself moved, however, except when alone. I have noticed that what most consider 'emotion driven' (i.e. The Notebook) hardly moves me. On the other hand, music or whatever that often does not come across as emotional can move me because I am often able to detect the subtle nuances of feeling there such as in a chord change or in a line of dialogue by reading into the deeper implications of the subject matter which can ultimately strike me as very deep, emoional, and such to move me. I can find beauty in dissonance, in gothic horror, and in generally unpleasant subject matter.

I can easily detect boredom, annoyance, hurt in others but choose not to make others aware of those observations. I usually try to have the subject changed if I see it is generally pissing people off or drop out of the conversation.

I often apologize for petty things but have a hard time apologizing for hurting someone's feelings or acknowledging that their feelings were hurt in the first place.

I try to uphold tactful behavior, good manners (I often hold doors open for people when I sense it appropriate to do so), and I try to be morally minded though I try not to be self-righteous, judgmental, or hypocritical if I can help it. I tend to hold protecting ethical principles higher than protecting fickle feelings of the present.

I ultimately hate arrogance, cruelty, skewed judgment, drama queens, people who fly off of the handle, intrusive assholes, and the like.

I am messy, a procrastinator, I rarely go above and beyond unless the subject matter is of any interest to me. I, however, have a very good memory and am very punctual.

And I have undergone serious angst and depression but I mostly expressed that through caustic cynicism, anger, etc while trying to downplay it in order not to invite nosy people into my problems which I had no intention deeply sharing. I tend to hesitate to ask for help, to let others know what's really on my mind. I'm pretty damn stubborn. I, however, feel guilty when I ask for help.

I also give others the impression (online) that I am of the opposite gender (I am female) due to my style of interaction.

My style to gaming is generally to be good-natured, honorable, modest, and not overly cut throat. I like to win but I'm not very competitive. In team-oriented games, I can be quite generous and self-sacrificing. I'm not mushy but I do enjoy acts of kindness. Even so, I am an aloof individual so people don't feel inclined to approach me. I look like I could kill someone sometimes but it's as mentioned earlier, a facade.

Sorry, no pics I am willing to post. I think I have given PLENTY of info at this point because I want to be thourough. I did leave a lot out, though. However, I am normally slouched, I don't mind smiling and people generally think I'm nice who know me a little, I don't mind being engaged in conversation, am tolerant, not easily annoyed. When not engaged, I am detached, sometimes I feign obliviousness or distraction in order not to engage with certain individuals. I do not show emotional initiative. I can look pissed without being angry but I can easily express irritation with a situation.

In emotionally hostile situations, I tend to move away stealthily from the outburst. I find excessively negative atmospheres detrimental to my psychological stability. On the other hand, party atmospheres rarely suit me unless with a few trusted friends or aquaintances.

Oh, and while I don't mind complimenting in an understated way, I can't be gushy about it in most cases. I get really uncomfortable with excessive praise of overly harsh criticism.
    Wow....I relate very strongly with the quoted material above; particularly the bolded sections, which I feel could have been written by me. I have always typed myself as IEI or SEI (and a 5w4 or 4w5), with a slight lean towards IEI. In my observation it seems there may be two types of IEI's - a more romantic/emotional type, the typical fantastical daydreamer; and a more "logical" type that exhibits more of a balance between the T/F function, these types tend to allow themselves to explore the darker aspects of the mind and humanity (thus 5w4). This is just me, but I feel that my idealism/romanticism has been shattered and calcified as cynicism; leaving me with a sort of love/hate relationship with society and my fellow humans. I often regard others with a general disdain, but at the same time a deep feeling of empathy, in that inside we are all likely experiencing the same struggles, confusion, and pain. Like you, I seek art, relationships, and experiences that are “genuine”; not the histrionic demonstrations that society generally labels as “emotional.”

As for your actual type, I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to make a guess. I know that I could never consider myself ILI because I feel that there is a certain "genius" and elevated intellectual curiosity inherent in that type that I feel I do not possess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, I am NOT dramatic and detest emotional manipulators. But I've always believed in mercy over justice (until recently) since I was so utterly aware of my own moral failings and never had the heart to reprimand others. I was so sensitive as a kid, it was sad.
    Arrghh...get out of my head!

Don't worry, we'll probably be ESTj's by the end of the day.