Thread: When your type is just a quick-label

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When your type is just a quick-label...

If I am not mistaken, the problem with typing people is that no one would like to admit that they have an ego (etc.) in the Freudian sense. I have realised in my self and others that a person acts most like their inborn type when under stress or duress.

So, my question... what happens after a person has understood every part of their "ego", "superego", "superid" and "id"?

-- Do they become "free" of psychological "divide-and-conquer"?
    -- Do they begin to unleash their true potential?
    -- Does their "personal uniqueness" begin to assert itself?
    -- Does knowledge (of our personal functions/attitudes) indeed mean power: personal power?

A quick read of the Gurbani (Sikh scriptures) reveals that happiness comes after we rid ourselves of "filth" such as our ego.

Does that mean that with repeat practice and meditation (or calming of the mind) we become true individuals and not simply predictable types who can be continually manipulated by those with power?
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowyc
    A quick read of the Gurbani (Sikh scriptures) reveals that happiness comes after we rid ourselves of "filth" such as our ego.
    there is ego and there is ego. 2 functions ego is not the same as sikh's definition of ego, which relates to egotist or egoistic - dict def: of or relating to the self, self-centered.

otherwise you might as well just kill yourself than disable your creative block.

Creepy-pokeball

Honestly I think the bottom line with all of this (and most of psychology in general) is control over oneself and others-- a specific type of power. I mean, if X theory is true then Y person has X advantage over Z person(s). Hence the reason they (some philsophers to be general) call the helping professions the "controlling professions."

Creepy-

hmm..........