Thread: Betas what do you think about ENTps and how to win you over?

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Betas what do you think about ENTps and how to win you over?

A.) What are some good tips about persuading betas in general to be on your side. How do you folks perceive ILE's?

B.) Beta NF's: What are the good traits and bad traits of ILE's?

I would like to note that I am not like most ILE's, but the basic information processing elements are there like an ILE. So, I'll give more points to someone who will answer the above with what it would be like if the ILE was more ambitious and aggressive
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give them money and submit your will to them, duh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTps: don't fuck them over
    ISTjs: Admire the work they've been doing that others have taken for granted
    ENFjs: participate in their activities
    INFps: help them do their taxes
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    LOL. I like that one.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've generally been admired by betas when I show that I can do something "better" than them, without going around publicizing it. What I considered as a sign of admiration is that they've attempted to include me in their "group".
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+3
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, I've generally been admired by betas when I show that I can do something "better" than them, without going around publicizing it.
    +3
    It still works if you publicize but less, and it doesn't work if you exaggerate.
    LSI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    A.) What are some good tips about persuading betas in general to be on your side. How do you folks perceive ILE's?
    Obvious "persuasion" won't work on me. I tend to respond negatively to pressure tactics. If I've expressed discontent or disagreement, insistence that I am on the wrong side will only prompt me to dig my heels in further.

I generally find ILEs entertaining and intelligent witty company in groups, but am a bit wary of them in personal/closer contact. I imagine they may not always have the level of sensitivity I look for in close relationships. ILEs (and SLEs) tend to have abrasive tendencies that I find grating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    B.) Beta NF's: What are the good traits and bad traits of ILE's?
    See above. Intelligence, intellect, wry wit are all good things. Lack of ethical filter or insensitivity (at times) can be offensive.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love an ENFj by being straightforward with them, ambiguity (especially in regarding feelings) drives us nuts.
    ENFp (IEE, intuitive Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    See above. Intelligence, intellect, wry wit are all good things. Lack of ethical filter or insensitivity (at times) can be offensive.
    Bingo.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFjs: participate in their activities
    Hey, I do my own taxes, thankyouverymuch.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not help but lol with that one

but anyway, thanks to all that replied
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    A.) What are some good tips about persuading betas in general to be on your side. How do you folks perceive ILE's? incite their passion; make them feel like you want them on your side for the "mission." Also, be assertive and not a bitch. Assert your beliefs with confidence and convey that you have passion.

B.) Beta NF's: What are the good traits and bad traits of ILE's? creative, adaptable, friendly. but also too directionless at times and not aggressive enough.

I would like to note that I am not like most ILE's, but the basic information processing elements are there like an ILE. So, I'll give more points to someone who will answer the above with what it would be like if the ILE was more ambitious and aggressive

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all sounds good! Would anybody say that ILE's are not grounded to reality enough, or do you all think ILE's should just have some willpower to fulfill their ideals? Does the ILE's ideals fit with Beta's or not?

I appreciate the answers you guys have given so far.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    This all sounds good! Would anybody say that ILE's are not grounded to reality enough, or do you all think ILE's should just have some willpower to fulfill their ideals? Does the ILE's ideals fit with Beta's or not?

I appreciate the answers you guys have given so far.
    They're probably more grounded than most betas, at least the NFs, cause they're not as lost in internal visions and whatnot. But yeah, I just look for more definitiveness from people, regarding fulfilling their mission/purpose/etc. I don't think their ideals fit with betas, for the most part.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I can't speak for all Betas, but don't try to win us over, for their is no need for that. INFp's are like cats; just pay us no mind, and we'll naturally come around as we please. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't it be better to fuck with them a bit, not seriously screw (ruin their lives) with them just push them around a bit?