Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am not Beta

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am not Beta

I am not INFp at all. I will take it as a compliment that you see me as a Beta type though because I admire them for their beauty, humour, intelligence, drive, strength, perserverance, and straightforwardness.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you admire Deltas for?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    What do you admire Deltas for?
    Seriousness, ability to live life to the fullest and making every minute counts, inquisitiveness, curiosity, lifelong learning, caringness, willingness to accept people who are different from them, kindness, ability to appreate the simplicity of life and feelingn contented with the basic neccessities.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you admire Alphas for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    lol
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are an incorrigible moron.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

niff I really don't understand why you'd even bother posting that. If you think eunice has a poor understanding of socionics and that any productive discussion with her is impossible between you two, why not just ignore it or if you're going to express your flat out disagreement do it in a way that isn't an attack? I've never seen eunice treat anyone with any level of disrespect ever, so to see her get shat on here just because you find her understanding of a theory wanting, well, that's flat out foolish imo.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Seriousness, ability to live life to the fullest and making every minute counts, inquisitiveness, curiosity, lifelong learning, caringness, willingness to accept people who are different from them, kindness, ability to appreate the simplicity of life and feelingn contented with the basic neccessities.
    So you admire Delta for their NF qualities and you admire Beta for their ST qualities?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    dude why do you bother posting stuff like this? what good comes of it?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How are the ones in bold not Delta ST characteristics? And most ISTps and ESTjs I know are also curious and love to explore new things.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just REALLY bad people-skills right here. And you can't blame Fe PoLR because most ISTps and INTps are tons nicer than you. I considered reporting the post for being pointless spam. And they say makes people "practical".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I am not INFp at all. I will take it as a compliment that you see me as a Beta type though because I admire them for their beauty, humour, intelligence, drive, strength, perserverance, and straightforwardness.
    you do seem delta NF to me and you have seemed delta NF for some time now.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    That's just REALLY bad people-skills right here. And you can't blame Fe PoLR because most ISTps and INTps are tons nicer than you. I considered reporting the post for being pointless spam. And they say makes people "practical".
    ok, that was mean of me, but you should at least try to a decent human being toward other human beings. It's not about social customs or whatever. it's about you making an extra effort to push people away. You didn't need to write that post, no one was forcing you into anything. Society isn't making it hard for you to adjust. It's all you - you take the time out of your othervise neutral day to write a negative post. In stead of doing nothing you actually spend energy for the "daily push people away" interaction.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    niff I really don't understand why you'd even bother posting that. If you think eunice has a poor understanding of socionics and that any productive discussion with her is impossible between you two, why not just ignore it or if you're going to express your flat out disagreement do it in a way that isn't an attack? I've never seen eunice treat anyone with any level of disrespect ever, so to see her get shat on here just because you find her understanding of a theory wanting, well, that's flat out foolish imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    dude why do you bother posting stuff like this? what good comes of it?
    ok, that was mean of me, but you should at least try to a decent human being toward other human beings. It's not about social customs or whatever. it's about you making an extra effort to push people away. You didn't need to write that post, no one was forcing you into anything. Society isn't making it hard for you to adjust. It's all you - you take the time out of your othervise neutral day to write a negative post. In stead of doing nothing you actually spend energy for the "daily push people away" interaction.
    +200 for each post except Niffweeds

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    So you admire Delta for their NF qualities and you admire Beta for their ST qualities?
    Subtle, but true.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    I support your self-typing, eunice. I admire Delta for their NF qualities too.

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    Hmmmm, I feel that what I have written about Delta also extends to the STs as well.

As for the Beta description, I feel that the qualities I have admired Beta STs for are my weaknesses to a certain extent and I need to put it quite an amount of effort to acquire them eg. having a sense of urgency, having an active lifestyle and a sense of discipline, strength to overcome all adversities in life and be the best in my speciality etc.

Some of the qualities of Beta NFs are easier for me to understand and acquire.

haha. I will talk about it anyway.

Alpha types can be very childlike, but they are very astute and complex in terms of their thinking processes, more so than Delta types.

Alpha SFs have the ability to make themselves likeable and they know exactly what people want. They are very pretty and know how to dress up well. They are natural conversationalists and whenever you talk to them, you just feel very warm.

Whenever I have conversations with Alpha NTs, I find that they are always thinking on the spot and knows how to alter the situation to their advantage. They are generally good-looking just that they don't know how to extentuate their good qualities. They seem to have a lot of accomplishments without working too hard for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with eunice. I think people mistype her as INFp for various reasons. I.e. She's enneagram type 4w5, like many INFps, some people haven't figured out that INFjs, particularly the Ne subtype, is often also 4w5. Same strong and weak functions, and also INFps and INFjs are both 2 of the most difficult to get to know. mysterious, separated from mainstream, weird (E 4,can't help it) types
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    How are the ones in bold not Delta ST characteristics? And most ISTps and ESTjs I know are also curious and love to explore new things.
    Errr, eunice was pointing out Delta characteristics.

He's not making any "extra effort" to do anything. He's expressing something which is blatently obvious to him, and - taken in conjunction with his subjective analysis of eunice on wikisocion (which, if any of you bothered to read you'd understand why he thinks what he does) - is not spam. I'll admit that the way in which he jut blindly stated that might seem off-putting to some, but you have to understand his motivation for doing so.

What, you're going to smile at someone agreeing with you without any justification for what she thinks?

Hmmmm, I feel that what I have written about Delta also extends to the STs as well.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen eunice as beta NF because she lacks the edge that's almost visible in IEI posts. Maybe she's just a calm version, I'll try to keep an open mind.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many of those characteristics lead exactly to the elements Te and Si?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen eunice as beta NF because she lacks the edge that's almost visible in IEI posts. Maybe she's just a calm version, I'll try to keep an open mind.
    I don't think IEI's necessarily have an "edge" - especially Ni subtype.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all of a type's positive qualities are due to its ego elements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I don't think IEI's necessarily have an "edge" - especially Ni subtype.
    yah they do, you just have to piss them off to see it
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    yah they do, you just have to piss them off to see it
    lol.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs definitely have an edge. I get no identical vibes from Eunice. However, I have seen that one video of her and it seemed to me she was ESI ... just a notion with no hard justification though.

LOL @ Niffweed ... he's just being himself. Why get riled up?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really have no idea what to think about Eunice.

I know what SL means when she seems ISFj. However Eunice talks a lot about her "imagination", and how she does it sort of makes ISFj seem distant.

I see an extreme lack of significant evidence, or at least anything I can use, so I am not really able to say anything much with force about her. She seems to like the idea of having a caregiver dual, Ne/Si interaction, and being infantile, so I don't have any major marks against it.

From what I know, a lot of INFjs don't particularly relate to Eunice. But apparently not a lot of INFps do either. So, oh well. That again perhaps points to a lack of data to really come up with anything conclusive.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    From what I know, a lot of INFjs don't particularly relate to Eunice. But apparently not a lot of INFps do either. So, oh well. That again perhaps points to a lack of data to really come up with anything conclusive.
    Which INFjs? Just asking because there doesn't seem to be many uncontested INFjs here. Also it would be interesting to know whether they relate to each other.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ritella, Christy B, I think RC said she didn't relate to her, when she was around. I'm not sure about Minde, Sereno, or Munenori. I've not asked them.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I really have no idea what to think about Eunice.

I know what SL means when she seems ISFj. However Eunice talks a lot about her "imagination", and how she does it sort of makes ISFj seem distant.

I see an extreme lack of significant evidence, or at least anything I can use, so I am not really able to say anything much with force about her. She seems to like the idea of having a caregiver dual, Ne/Si interaction, and being infantile, so I don't have any major marks against it.

Errr... Yeah.

Cheers for those observations. Useful.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I would like to share some random events and thoughts:

My encounter with an INTj:

I attended a two-day workshop on Interview and Selection. Instead of going straight to the topic of interest, the INTj instructor deviated quite a bit by sharing some interesting anecdotes and basically his life story and achievements. Even though he attempted to link them to his points, I was a little irritated by the deviation which took up quite a substantial part of the course. I would have preferred him to be on track rather than ramble on about something which is distantly related to the topic of interest.

I am also someone who prefers issues to be in black and white rather have gray areas, even though I know it is impossible. Hence, I prefer things to be either right or wrong. Moreover, I like people who are quick decision makers and do things fast because I am not like that. lol. I am someone who needs to read everything to the detail before making a decision. Hence, I am quite slow in making a decision because I need to understand something very thoroughly first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though he attempted to link them to his points, I was a little irritated by the deviation which took up quite a substantial part of the course. I would have preferred him to be on track rather than ramble on about something which is distantly related to the topic of interest.
    Ti, maybe?

I am also someone who prefers issues to be in black and white rather have gray areas, even though I know it is impossible. Hence, I prefer things to be either right or wrong.
    Ti (+ Se)?

Moreover, I like people who are quick decision makers and do things fast because I am not like that. lol. I am someone who needs to read everything to the detail before making a decision. Hence, I am quite slow in making a decision because I need to understand something very thoroughly first.
    Se?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moreover, I like people who are quick decision makers and do things fast because I am not like that. lol. I am someone who needs to read everything to the detail before making a decision. Hence, I am quite slow in making a decision because I need to understand something very thoroughly first.
    Se?
    this seems like she values & seeks Se imo.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti, maybe?

Ti (+ Se)?

Se?
    If we take these statements as being very type indicative, I think you've kind of got it right, elro. Especially the desire for things to be black and white, imo. But I like eunice.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

willingness to accept people who are different from them...
    Uh, all quadras do this but in different ways. I'm not trying to sound like I have a grudge against Gammas here, but the most naturally close-minded quadra would probably be them wouldn't it?

Deltas are great (especially EIIs) at fitting in misfits (let's use being gay as an example ;p) inside the more normalized social sphere, but when it comes down to truly understanding the gritty, raw nature of minorities... Beta does it best. A Delta would encourage you to lose some of your rawness to be more likeable to the majority. They accept you okay, as long as you behave more "white" and socially appropriate to other people. It's actually a form of mild discrimination. I'm not gonna get all upset about this (that's just silly) but it kinda just goes to show you how all systems created to fight something kinda always naturally backfire against themselves in one way or another.

A gay-friendly Delta would go to GLAAD or P-flag, but I could never see one of them going to Act up! for example. If I'm wrong then prove me wrong. Act up is too loud and 'in your face gay' and angry/aggressive for most non-betas to handle. A gay-friendly Beta would have no hang-ups about act up though and aggressively fighting homophobia instead of mediating it or trying to appear nice to heterosexuals. "We want to fit in vs. we want to change the world." This is a function thing as well though.

And I'm with the Beta side, because when real changes were made that's the only thing that did work. The more cutesy and nicer forms of activism could only be created after the fact. I <3 Larry Kramer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I attended a two-day workshop on Interview and Selection. Instead of going straight to the topic of interest, the INTj instructor deviated quite a bit by sharing some interesting anecdotes and basically his life story and achievements. Even though he attempted to link them to his points, I was a little irritated by the deviation which took up quite a substantial part of the course. I would have preferred him to be on track rather than ramble on about something which is distantly related to the topic of interest.

I am also someone who prefers issues to be in black and white rather have gray areas, even though I know it is impossible. Hence, I prefer things to be either right or wrong. Moreover, I like people who are quick decision makers and do things fast because I am not like that. lol. I am someone who needs to read everything to the detail before making a decision. Hence, I am quite slow in making a decision because I need to understand something very thoroughly first.
    god are you a moron

Ti, maybe?

Ti (+ Se)?

Se?
    +400.3999239493999992939009828909098234 - 6e^3.7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP does this as well. You share little anecdotes which you hope will make people see "the truth" when it's clearly bullshit in the face of every remotely sensible person who reads it. Then you make a stupid comment like "I would love to be a Beta but I'm not", which you believe will make people think "ha! then she must not be a Beta!", which is ironic, because no Delta would "love" to be a Beta, otherwise they wouldn't be a Delta.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I just say that it's not the type confusion that pisses me off; it's the sheer fucking pretense that rolls out of your mouths that makes me act so unbecoming towards you and UDP. For all I care, you could be a fucking ESE. But when you attempt to argue for something which is completely pitiful, I have nothing but contempt for you people. Drop the act.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Can I just say that it's not the type confusion that pisses me off; it's the sheer fucking pretense that rolls out of your mouths that makes me act so unbecoming towards you and UDP. For all I care, you could be a fucking ESE. But when you attempt to argue for something which is completely pitiful, I have nothing but contempt for you people. Drop the act.
    i'm sort of convinced that in her case, she's just really really stupid and honestly believes this stuff that gets fed to her.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually what she's describing sounds like a Ti-valuing person reacting to a Te person; that is, the "INTj" would be making his case by giving examples, which he was using to validate the points he was making, but she saw them as "deviation" since she'd have preferred to have the point more elaborated on its own merits, without the examples. That would be my guess.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

i'm sort of convinced that in her case, she's just really really stupid and honestly believes this stuff that gets fed to her.
    In that case, poor eunice.

Come to think of it, I think UDP may actually be the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast