Thread: Dominant vs Non-Dominant Ti

Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dominant vs. Non-Dominant Ti

If you aren't sure whether you are Ti dominant, I think I might be able to help you. For types with Ti as a leading function, logic is a way of life. For most other types, it is not. I believe that I'm an ethical type. Therefore, for me, logic is an artform, a tool. It's a tool that I take a lot of pride in, but I could never live by logical rules. It's something I use a lot, but it is flexible and never set in stone. It is also something I use to justify my values and intuitions after the fact. These are what I believe to be the key differences between L_Is and all other types (except perhaps L_Es, who live by practical logic). What do you think?

Jason

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Ti says "there is a clear relation of cause and effect before us. We'd better take it into account when we think." Leading -Ti doesn't just say "cause" and "effect", however, but can definitively identify both the cause, the effect, and how exactly one's thinking should change as a means of adjustment to its presence. This is why LII prizes clear thought and objectivity above all else.

+Ti says "this is what I think", and attempts to make their viewpoint a cause in and of itself. By controlling thought, the LSI impresses their will upon others.

LSI says, "it is because I say so". LII says, "it is because experience says so, and you'd better admit to it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    If you aren't sure whether you are Ti dominant, I think I might be able to help you. For types with Ti as a leading function, logic is a way of life. For most other types, it is not. I believe that I'm an ethical type. Therefore, for me, logic is an artform, a tool. It's a tool that I take a lot of pride in, but I could never live by logical rules. It's something I use a lot, but it is flexible and never set in stone. It is also something I use to justify my values and intuitions after the fact. These are what I believe to be the key differences between L_Is and all other types (except perhaps L_Es, who live by practical logic). What do you think?

Jason
    just wondering, did you decide on EII as your type? What did you think of the responses to your type thread?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    just wondering, did you decide on EII as your type? What did you think of the responses to your type thread?
    I thought that was my type, but after tcaudillig mentioned that he believes that I'm an LSI, I'm starting to doubt it again. I thought that the responses were good; I think I should listen to other people's input. I might not identify with all of the LII descriptions, but there is no need to consider them to be perfect.

Jason

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that was my type, but after tcaudillig mentioned that he believes that I'm an LSI, I'm starting to doubt it again. I thought that the responses were good; I think I should listen to other people's input. I might not identify with all of the LII descriptions, but there is no need to consider them to be perfect.

Jason
    It's good that you're willing to listen to others, but not all opinions are of equal weight here (grains of salt!). Take your time, do some introspecting, and things will eventually sort themselves out.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason
    What about my mentioning of you as an LSI has caused you to doubt your type?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    What about my mentioning of you as an LSI has caused you to doubt your type?
    It makes me wonder whether Ti is my dominant function, as virtually everyone who has assessed my type has concluded this.

Jason