Thread: spatial awareness

Creepy-Diana

Default spatial awareness

Last edited by tereg; 05-07-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Edited by user request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se.
    thing.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would make sense because I can be very good about spatial relationships when I pay attention
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably Se, although i also think some people are just naturals, even despite their personality (dis)advantages - could be a physical intelligence genetic component that's unrelated to Se in the personality, effecting the same result.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I think it has somewhat to do with how our brains are wired. If we're talking about perceptive functions, then there are a fe of them, up and down the brain (I'm going to be desribing the right-brain for this). In the front of the right brain, there are two different perceptive functions. There is "visual imagery", and "spatial awerness". We can attribute these to Ne and Se. In the back of the right brain, there are two other functions, one of which is about comprehending metaphor and the other is about perceiving musical melody and tone, etc... So, they are Ni and Si. Say, if you take an Si dominant type. In the back, right part of the brain, their sensing dominants over their intuition, so they push the Ni out of the way in favor of Si. What happens to intuition then, when it must be used? The Si dominant type is "forced" to use the Ne funciton to compensate for this. This is something that Jung wrote about, too. He said that the Si type represses his intuition until it comes out in an archaic, extraverted form (Ne suggestive function). This means that Si dominant types are actually forced to use the visualizing part of their brain, like the Ne dominant type does. On the flip side, the Ne dominant type represses his Se, so he must use the back-brained Si, yadda, yadda... The difference between the type dominant types is that one has more control over Si, while the other has more control over Ne. Also, the Si type has more ease "introverting", and using his reflective proccesses, while the Ne dominant would feel more comfortable expending energy.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

Unfortunately Rocky, people's brains don't actually work like that. You don't have these flip sides that compete and knock each other out of position.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Unfortunately Rocky, people's brains don't actually work like that. You don't have these flip sides that compete and knock each other out of position.
    ... of course the brain is much more complicated that that, but some people are strongest in some parts, which means that they are not so strong in others.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that, generally, NT types are not that good at it.

Speaking for myself, I can predict very well where a flying object will fall, but I have not the coordination to catch it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-

I have poor spatial awareness but I'm fairly good at guessing where things are in relation to me. This is possibly my dodgy eyesight.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... yes. i can find things in the dark pretty well. i wore glasses for years before screwing up the courage to touch my eyeballs in order to wear contacts. so my semi-blindness probably made me a bit better at doing things by touch. i can pour water from a jug into a mug in the dark, for example. but i'm a poor marksman, and bad at sports like volleyball and football and hockey.

Creepy-heathiep

i'm really good at stuff like this, but i think it more has to do if you played sports often as a youngster. I played religiously. but my coordination and all that magic might have more to do with my playing drums and obsession with coordination and movement(i am obsessed!!). see ya!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a big problem with this. I am terribly clumsy as a result.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I have a big problem with this. I am terribly clumsy as a result.
    I'm most terrible at it, too. I cannot estimate distance very well and yeah, I can be clumsy, too. Well, at least we are cute at it! :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm clumbsy unless I'm paying attention. Hehe I think I must have broken the three middle toes on each foot innumerable times stubbing them on corners and chair legs and stuff. I've also walked into door jambs, fallen up the stairs, opened doors in my face, splashed boiling oil in my eye... you get the idea. However, if I pay attention I have good spatial abilities and balance.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'm clumbsy unless I'm paying attention. Hehe I think I must have broken the three middle toes on each foot innumerable times stubbing them on corners and chair legs and stuff. I've also walked into door jambs, fallen up the stairs, opened doors in my face, splashed boiling oil in my eye... you get the idea. However, if I pay attention I have good spatial abilities and balance.
    HAHA, Joy is the cutest!!

I'm not that bad at sports and coordinating, but I'm still clumbsy. (Se is my PoLR) I guess beyond the functions it depends also if your parents got you to do some sport when you were little.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Creepy-heathiep

damn you phisics!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is that I have a very high tolerance to pain when I am injured, and I've never actually done any permanent harm! So... I don't mind being clumbsy. And it's funny.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My spatial awareness, to put it simply, sucks. As does my body coordination. POLR . It can be interesting .
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    My spatial awareness, to put it simply, sucks. As does my body coordination. POLR . It can be interesting .
    Hehe my EII friend can be counted on to drop or spill anything... and she teases me about making a mess . Unlike me, however, she doesn't get uber-stressed about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ENTP and would have to say I have pretty bad special awareness.

I'm always bumping into things. People call me Graceful...and its not because I'm graceful.

I've prolly had about 5 casts, don't even want to count the sprains and in the summer I'm a walking bruise from riding my bicycle.

I also have very difficult time guessing things like miles and metres/yards that kind of thing. I'm not very good at estimating any measurements of length.

But I'm very good at hanging pictures without measuring and guessing smaller measurements by eye. I think it just comes from not wanting to bother to measure so I just became good at guessing overtime.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am horrible when it comes to judging distances, etc. Especially at night! Just a couple of years ago did i finally get my NSWE thing figure out when i'm not near a familiar mountain range/body of water.

My daughter however, an ESFP, from the age of 3 could point exactly to the direction our home was, no matter where in the city we were. Catching balls however, she's not so good at. But then, not much practice either.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to concentrate to have good spatial awareness. It's not spontaneous.

But I'm better at it than my INFj friends.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    Hehe my EII friend can be counted on to drop or spill anything... and she teases me about making a mess . Unlike me, however, she doesn't get uber-stressed about it.
    Hmm... That first part... Why does it sound kinda familiar?
    There's just no reason to get stressed. Get stressed over what happens every day, and you'll be living in Miseria. Besides, it's only really that bad when I'm tired.
    Which is every day...

:stumbles about:
    :catches himself on lamp:
    :lamp falls:
    :grabs hold of the doorknob
    :door opens inwards:
    :trips backwards with the momentum:
    :finds fingerhold on corner:
    :heaves a sigh of relief:
    :fingerhold breaks:
    :lies on his back on the floor with a plank in his hand:
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have good spatial awareness , im good at sports and when visiting a new town, I can easily remember exactly where iv'e been and know exactly which direction to go to get somewhere. Im always given duty as navigator among friends.

Joy wrote: The funny thing is that I have a very high tolerance to pain when I am injured, and I've never actually done any permanent harm! So... I don't mind being clumbsy. And it's funny.
    "And its funny", lol lol lol lol hehe - brilliant comment
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!