Thread: Alphas and career: What Do You Do for Work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alphas and career: What Do You Do for Work?

I know there have been some older threads on this, but what is everyone doing currently?
    Do you like it?
    What sort of hours do you work?

My corrent jobs are:
    -A random conglomeration of online and personal selling, which provides irregular and low, yet easy income, great hours, and lots of time off
    -Producing a short film
    -Searching for a wealthy SEI to acquire me as her love slave

Since I doubt ever wanting to work for a major corporation again, I'm trying to figure out if there are any 40 hour a week jobs that are attractive to me. What are some strategies an ILE can use to find something "consistent" to do that provides variety and good use of , while not so much on the ?
    Last edited by diljs; 05-27-2008 at 10:20 PM.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    perpetual student
    deadbeat drifter
    quack theoretician
    Done.
    Done.
    Constant.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And by perpetual student he means, pursue a graduate degree then teach other people to teach other people to teach while researching on the side.

I believe that would be a checkmark for life goals here.

Searching for moderately wealthy SEI (or other, I'm open to suggestions, lol) to acquire me as their love slave is also on my list! What a coinky-dink!
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be so rich oh yeah. I hope.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Student. Going to school in DC, majoring in either Philosophy or American Studies.

What do I want to do with that? Good question. Part of me wants to go to law school, but that's kind of scary. I think I have the ability for it, but I'm not sure if I want to subject myself to three years of that... sigh.

Ideal jobs include a talent manager/agent, a lobbyist, a writer, or a personal trainer. What a mixed bag, hmm?
    ISFp <3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copied over from this post and edited a bit since it was some time ago:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...3&postcount=13
    That was a previous Occupations thread I started about a year ago.

I'm what's called a module technician, MT for short. I work for the Intel Corp. in our technology development factory. My fab designs the process and we train people from other fabs in those processes and send them out to other factories in Arizona, Ireland, Israel, and soon to be China. My area is a small part of a big process but also one of the more important in making semiconductors, or as you people would see them: Flash Memory, Computer CPU chips, and on-board chipsets for computers.

In my place of business we use these boxes of 300mm silicon wafers, 25 wafers per lot box, a 25 wfr set is called a lot.
    I use a machine we'll call a "link." It's got two different sides to it, the track and the stepper. So what I do to the wafers is run them down a track which coats them with resist and other chemicals, then it goes into the stepper, which takes a picture of a reticle ( a little piece of super pure quartz with a pattern etched into it) that transfers to the wafer when we expose it in the stepper. Then the wafer is sent back down the track and developed with chemicals to make the pattern stay on the wafer and it gets etched into the wafer at another step when it leaves my area. My job is pretty much taking a picture of a wafer so someone else can copy it with chemicals and metal later on. One wafer can have from 50-1000's of different chips on it depending what we're making at the time. Each wafer at the end of line can be worth a few hundred thousand or even a few million depending on what product it is. I run thousands of wafers a day through a whole bunch of machines that I'm in charge of, and of course, when a machine steps out of line or messes up or we need to do preventative maintenance on it, that's where I really have to do some work since we do a lot of the fixing on these machines as well, gotta make sure they're running right, after all, I run every bit of the newest technology that comes out of this company and one screwup that's not caught can be worth a few million $$'s.

Besides that, I'm also the Area Coordinator in my area and training coordinator.. I keep busy at work but it's usually a fairly laid back job where I work with a bunch of people that I get along with really well. Except for the occasional engineer or course. Since this is my 8th year I get a sabbatical at some point and still haven't figured out what I want to do with it yet... I get two months paid vacation. woot!
    As far as my schedule goes, I work 12 hours a day on Sun-Tues. and every other Wednesday. So, I get a lot of time off... and this keeps me happy. I've been there going on 8 years doing the same job, though in different places... and I still love what I do.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 05:39 PM.
    Suomea