I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Default Money is power

Power is love. Love is control. Control is money.

So I was talking to Esper the other day. She said something about ENTj something-or-other. Anyway, something struck me to read the ENTj description again.

And I saw this thing about MONEY IS POWER. And liking to have "money" to get rid of problems! Oh baby, that's just what I like to do. I just want to throw money at problems, and make them go away!

Anyway, my flatmate was talking to me the other day. And he started saying something that linked back to it. Like about having money as a kind of simplification thing. And the strangest thing came over me. It's like he was reminding me of what I "used to believe" and he seems to have similar attitudes to me in regards to money.

There's a kind of "considered spending", although "it's really good to spend money" thing that comes across - like: Make the right decisions. Buy the right things. And yet, it's really good to spend money!

Now I know what people who like to just spend and spend are like. They go broke - it's like they spend - then they have none. They don't seem to have "limits" they just want to "get rid of money". And the attitudes not quite like that.

It's more like "having things considered in advance" and then being able to "suddenly spend money".

But it comes across similarly, in a kind of "the power of money" way...

Anyway, the other day, a friend of mine was saying how I come across as being "well off" and never really seem to come across as struggling financially. Although, *my* experiences is that I often struggle financially. And he seemed to add fuel to the fire, saying that I don't sweat small things or something. Which lead me back to thinking about how when i get involved in lots of small minor details, it really pisses me off. And I don't want to create arguements, and conflict about really minor things. And so it severely pisses me off when people are trying to "make" on little things. Like they're trying to be "fair" or "balanced" or something. And I just want to THROW MONEY AT THE WHOLE THING AND MAKE IT GO AWAY. OR THE OTHER PERSON CAN JUST SUFFER, AND I'M NOT GOING TO GET INVOLVED IN SILLY LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT.

Which then brings me to something else. In a way, it's like I want to avoid the bottom segment. I divide people into three. Those who able. Those who are not able. And those who are self-sufficient.

And often being not able, and not having money kind of go hand in hand. Like if someone can't even get a job. Then they can't be worth much can they? And if they want to "borrow" money or something. That bothers me - like I can "give" people money, if they're going to be okay for the segemnt of time that I feel it adequete to pay for, for them ... But to borrow, and then deal with them making more issues by not paying it back, and then avoiding me. And then downtalking me. And blah blah . And I didn't even care in the first place . Nah, best not to get involved.

So I was thinking about how everyone has their own kind of way to look at money, to feel it. Of what it means to them. How they spend it. On what etc etc etc

Which then brings me back to something else. Often people seem to "remember" that I like "better" things than them or something. They often seem to try make themselves seem like they're "easier satisfied" than me etc. And sometimes I've had this really annoying thing with people where it's like they "offer" to go for less. Which I kind of find insulting.

It's like if you offer someone a beer. And they say they only want "half" of it. Like "I can only drink half a beer". I mean come on - you drink a whole beer - or not a beer - and it's not unreasonable to "expect" that people shouldn't waste a beer. And only drink half.

But then I see the kick. It's like some people do this thing called "sharing" like. You have half the beer. I have half the beer. And I'm like *I WANT MY OWN BEER*.

And so it's like it can seem like I'm selfish to some people because I "never want to share" and then to other people it's like "I just give people beer". And sometimes it seems like it's devaluing. Like, I habitually try to "remove meaning" from anything I offer anyone else - like if I give someone something I expect nothing in return. If I'm nice it doesn't mean I'm not going to turn around and be an asshole, 2 seconds later. Sometimes it's like I like to contradict myself, by doing things like doing a nice gesture, and saying something "mean" at the same time. I like to say no - and then do yes - I like to pretend like I'm going to take advantage of people etc etc.

So anyway,

If money is power .. it's like with money .. you can have flexability to do as you wish. To behave as you like etc. And the only thing that you really lose out on is things like "sharing".

Like you can do the same as someone else - You can have everyone doing the same thing - or moving/shifting people etc etc.

But it's the little finicky things like sharing that seem to escape.

It's like it creates a bit of seperation. Like you don't interchange things so much. You don't borrow etc. It's like you have your things. I have my things. With giving, without borrowing or whatever.

Anyway, I so then I started to think back even further. To how most girls "automatically balance". If you give them something, they'll return it. If you do something for them, they'll want to do something for you in return etc.

And yet I'm kind of the opposite. I don't balance. I mean - I give things away. I do things for other people sometimes etc. But I *never* expect a kick-back, unless it's upfront and it's like a win-win situation noted at the time.

So anyway - by having money - you can do things like "give" things to people, without expect of return. And then you can get an impression whether people will "give" back to you, or ignore you, or take offence etc.

You can not care too much about small minor financial setbacks. You can focus on what you want to focus on when you want to focus on it. And thus it brings a degree of power.

And with power you can "love" others. You can "help" them, and "support" them. And not always be looking out for yourself.

And then that love can give a degree of control. Like when you love other people, you can control and influence them. You can do what you wish "in the name of love".

And that control can bring money.

And it runs fill circle.

So it's like it makes everything work out.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Money is freedom.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the hell is power love?
    SEE

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    How the hell is power love?
    Power creates a bond. Like love. And in that it's safe to love. And thus power is love. Because from a situation of powerless one cannot love.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in a romantic relationship one person should have power over the other? Or they should both be powerful?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Money is power. Power is love. Love is control. Control is money.
    I find this whole train of thought pretty disturbing, in all honesty.
    SEE

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    So in a romantic relationship one person should have power over the other? Or they should both be powerful?
    People should play to their strong areas.

They should both be powerful in their strong areas.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    People should play to their strong areas.

They should both be powerful in their strong areas.
    I agree.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power is love. Love is control. Control is money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Money is freedom.
    Sayings are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're an SLE, mercutio?

Basically, LIEs see money as freedom and independence; SLEs will see it as power.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quadra views of money:

alpha: money allows fun and self expression
    beta: money is power
    gamma: money is freedom
    delta: money is security

money is really all of those things to everybody, though.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    according to mercutio, I'm pretty useless
    Sadly, this means you cannot love or be loved.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    quadra views of money:

alpha: money allows fun and self expression
    beta: money is power
    gamma: money is freedom
    delta: money is security

I like this. I'll add to it though...

Alpha: money allows fun and self expression (I'll go with your suggestion on this one)
    Beta: money is power and status
    Gamma: money is freedom and independence
    Delta: money is security and comfort
    SEE

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about money being about fun and self-expression for Alphas. I see it as freedom and self-sufficiency personally. Feeling able to express myself and have fun has nothing to do with my financial situation.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, well I tend to see money for me personally as freedom/independence, or as something not to think about. I don't care about status as far as I know - at least not monetary status. I think I take a laid back approach to money (except when I need it and don't have it, then it creates anxiety) and prefer this general attitude. Like stinginess makes me sort of uncomfortable. Money is just numbers and coins and paper bills... without it it's difficult not to be a slave... but still it can create a lot of awkwardness and problems in human relationships (and that's maybe why I don't like stinginess).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I don't know about money being about fun and self-expression for Alphas. I see it as freedom and self-sufficiency personally. Feeling able to express myself and have fun has nothing to do with my financial situation.
    hmmmm i was thinking of how you can use money to go on vacations, buy concert tickets, buy cool comfortable stuff for the house, electronics. stuff like that. fun stuff that reflects quadra values. *shrugs*

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

sorry, you're gamma now... socionics sez

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    sorry, you're gamma now... socionics sez
    No! No! I'll do anything, I'll say anything! Have mercy!
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-bg

No! No! I'll do anything, I'll say anything! Have mercy!
    anything? *creepy menacing laugh*

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power creates a bond. Like love. And in that it's safe to love. And thus power is love. Because from a situation of powerless one cannot love.
    Wow, I totally disagree with this sentiment. and to be honest, I don't see power as love. I think that's the most selfish way of looking at love. Love, to me, is the loss of power.

And love is control? That is complete nonsense. Love should leave you vulnerable and exposed to your partner. You should lose power with them and lose control with them. The only way that you can say there is power and control in a loving relationship is by saying that the mutual lack of control gives partners a mutual power over each other. It's circular.

Why not just say power is control, control is money? That makes more sense.

WRT to alpha outlook on money, I'm going to agree with the fun and self-expression. Money is entirely useless to me unless I can use it for my own enjoyment. That doesn't mean I have to be extravagant, but it doesn't make me feel powerful, and certainly doesn't make me feel secure (since I can't be bothered to keep it around long enough). I would say there is a certain freedom in money, but it's too bogged down in yucky details and red tape for me to find it freeing. It comes with too much responsibility to be freedom.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Sayings are stupid.
    *Standing ovation*

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Exactly. Power makes it "safe" to love. To me, that's all about creative Se creating (good) Fi.
    This sounds rather sick, but perhaps I am not interpreting correctly. Could you explain better?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    according to mercutio, I'm pretty useless
    Awwww, you're not useless. You provide me with something aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    I agree. I think this idea is too simplistic to actually be applied. For example, for me, money is about fun and comfort (my entertainment in life), security (my needs in life), independence/freedom (my basic motivation in life) and is about power only to the extent that it provides me with these things more effectively - or better amplified - than without said power. Don't know where self-expression comes into it. I don't think it does.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hmm, well I tend to see money for me personally as freedom/independence, or as something not to think about. I don't care about status as far as I know - at least not monetary status. I think I take a laid back approach to money (except when I need it and don't have it, then it creates anxiety) and prefer this general attitude. Like stinginess makes me sort of uncomfortable. Money is just numbers and coins and paper bills... without it it's difficult not to be a slave... but still it can create a lot of awkwardness and problems in human relationships (and that's maybe why I don't like stinginess).
    I wouldn't want to be one of those fifty rich where everything has to be high quality/ high maintenance/luxury. but of course I will take that over feeling uncomfortable and needs to be stingy about money.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Creepy-bg

it's filthy rich numbers, not fifty rich :wink:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's filthy rich numbers, not fifty rich :wink:
    What is up with Alpha SF picking on my spelling skills, is it that important, I have an idea just think of what i said, and think about it, and find the meaning, but ignore the spelling.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    What is up with Alpha SF picking on my spelling skills, is it that important, I have an idea just think of what i said, and think about it, and find the meaning, but ignore the spelling.
    sorry... i thought that you thought that the phrase was fifty rich, not that you had mispelled it. spelling is definately not important to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry... i thought that you thought that the phrase was fifty rich, not that you had mispelled it. spelling is definately not important to me.
    I am just joking...

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which then brings me to something else. In a way, it's like I want to avoid the bottom segment. I divide people into three. Those who able. Those who are not able. And those who are self-sufficient.

And often being not able, and not having money kind of go hand in hand. Like if someone can't even get a job. Then they can't be worth much can they? And if they want to "borrow" money or something. That bothers me - like I can "give" people money, if they're going to be okay for the segemnt of time that I feel it adequete to pay for, for them ... But to borrow, and then deal with them making more issues by not paying it back, and then avoiding me. And then downtalking me. And blah blah . And I didn't even care in the first place . Nah, best not to get involved.
    Please tell me Beta ST, if you relate to what merky mention above.

1)

2)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Money is power to a point. If you use your money to selfishly indulge yourself and fuck up the economy like we did- its not very powerful more like something that makes people fat, lazy and stupid? How is that true power?

Money is more like what Ayn Rand said. Money is simply a tool for man to deal with man.

You could in theory, travel to different places on foot- and gain social power by befriending people, and letting them take care of you.....and become very powerful socially this way. You don't have to spend a dime either.

Power is being that which creates money. But spending it on yourself is a no-no. (so the middle-class, which largely consists of wannabe faux-celebs like myself is out of the picture) You'd simply then have to spend your money in order to protect yourself from people who want you dead; because you're so powerful.

Power has a price. That's why we have so many checks and balances on the systems, at least the most prosperous and best areas to live do. Areas with skewered power systems are horrible places to live, as really it's just a few rich people that are getting power at everybody else's expense, something that annoys liberal socialists like me. There's not really a lot of cultural activities either, or a place for people to find themselves and feel at peace and truly helped.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLE I know is the same as merky's original post in many ways. He values his financial independence. He has zero debt, all cars are paid for, college for his girls is even already paid for even though they're not there yet. His mortgage is about 4 years away from being paid (and it's a huge mortgage). He likes to be free to give to others and never expects returns. He also views people in those kinds of categories: those who are able, those who are unable and those who are self-sufficient.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    The SLE I know is the same as merky's original post in many ways. He values his financial independence. He has zero debt, all cars are paid for, college for his girls is even already paid for even though they're not there yet. His mortgage is about 4 years away from being paid (and it's a huge mortgage). He likes to be free to give to others and never expects returns. He also views people in those kinds of categories: those who are able, those who are unable and those who are self-sufficient.
    I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. But I do like to be free to give others and not expect returns.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha = Fun and self expression??

Fun requires a very baseline amount of money. Most "fun" that you pay for isn't actually all that fun. Self expression...who needs money to express himself?

There's a certain amount of money I need to live the life I want. Beyond that is nice, but not necessary. Money gives me freedom, the possibilities to do what I want type of freedom.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. But I do like to be free to give others and not expect returns.
    I think so, Once you are very loyal to an SLE, their generosity, fairness shows. their impulsiveness and distrustful nature will make people judge them based on this exterior. but interior wise something like this really show how good the man is or not.

1)

2)