Thread: Ne and Te

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne and Te

I think Ne can work where Te would generally be needed, particularly is Ti is strong. What do you think?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think that Ne and Fi/Fe can work together to do Ni's job. I've also wondered if Ne, Ti, and Fe can work together to do Fi's job.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that if a person has a certain degree of intelligence/education, they can effectively use any function to fulfill the domain of another function.

I'm not quite sure I phrased that the right way, so I'll give an example: suppose someone has strong intuition and weak sensing and suppose that they were driving and they got lost. Usually, when one is lost they try to look at their surroundings to determine where they are (sensing). But since this person has weak sensing, they look around but can't really recongnize anything. This person then uses their intuition to "feel" the way back to the right road and somehow they end up back on track.

(I hope I understood your question correctly.)
    Lyricist

"Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this is the reason it's hard for me to take tests on functions. I believe I use other functions in various combinations to do the job of the weak functions, so I answer yes to questions that would indicate a certain function, but my motivation and method is different than what that function would actually correspond with.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the case of judging functions, I think each function is more suited to particular uses than limited to particular uses. One could likely Ti their way through a relationship issue, but it would take more effort than using Fi, which is naturally adept at relationships. Using Ti would require looking at the relationship as some kind of logical system. The Ti process has to convert the system for which it isn't adept into some kind of system in which it is adept. Information will likely get messed up in the conversion, so the less adept process will likely produce less accurate results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ne and Te

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think Ne can work where Te would generally be needed, particularly is Ti is strong. What do you think?
    I think you can use a saucepan when you need to make a phone call in general, particulary if you attach a piece of wire to it.

Creepy-pokeball

Nature and nurture are so hard to seperate...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... this is more of a compensation thing though I think

For example, my ethical functions are strong... however, I was raised in a Christian home, church, and school, and I've been responsible for weaker people my whole life. To me behaving ethically is logical. For example, in a business deal, to me it's not a good deal unless everyone walks away a winner. There is no reason it can't or shouldn't happen. It only makes sense to do things that way, and it also helps with networking.
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

That was partial to what I was trying to say for ethics and logic being intertwined in whoever's post about which bothers you more.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure what i think of your specific question, but i do think that some functions can be used to compensate for other functions. given enough ingenuity, skill and motivation.

there are two ways i deal with having to do things that i'm weak at. ok three, if you count running away and not doing them. either i strengthen my weak points (if i can pinpoint which weakness(es) is responsible), or i jury-rig my strong functions to compensate. i think i most often try to reduce things not usually viewed as systems into systems or proxies so that i can deal with them using my intuition and thinking functions. the former is a long-term approach, for a more permanent solution and usually becomes an attractive option if i foresee having to do whatever it is repeatedly for a very long time in the future. the other is a temporary measure, tiring and complex, but uses familiar tools so it feels paradoxically comfortable.

i also think that before doing the mix-and-match thing, it is advisable that you know your base personality first, and know it well, or you might kind of lose track of yourself after a while and lose sync with what's truly natural to you. i spent my entire teenagehood doing that. it's probably sad, from some points of view , but i simply don't know if there's any better way for the use of my time, from my POV.