Thread: Some personal reflections on the nature of Socionics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some personal reflections on the nature of Socionics

Dear all,

I just wanted to share some thoughts and feelings I’ve recently noticed regarding Socionics. I just felt the need to share them, so here they are.

The first thing is that I find Socionics makes me tense. It makes me think too hard about myself, other people, and relationships. I can see how Socionics might be useful, but it just seems too ‘intellectual’ and too ‘prescriptive’, and that’s why I tense up around it.

I also notice how I identify with a lot of things from all different types. Intellectualising and identifying traits within me with any degree of certainty seems really difficult for me.

Part of me also wonders deep down how useful it all is. I mean, I might be able to ‘diagnose’ a relationship between me and someone else as Conflicting, but diagnosing it and using it well is another matter. And yet, ironically, part of me is interested in what a Socionist would make of what I’m now writing.

Socionics is ONE way of looking at the world. Person A might look at a nice sunset and say “Wow, this is a really Si moment”, while Person B looks at a nice sunset and says “Wow, I really dig this”, and Person C is like “I love this inner peace”. Different takes on the same reality. Besides, even if I am ESE, or ILI, there is no other ESE or ILI like me at all in the world.

And, finally, Socionics makes me think too hard about relationships when sometimes I feel that the best thing to do is to ‘be myself’. It might be clichéd advice, but being yourself is important, and I find that trying to give myself (or others) a type just gets in the way of this.

I don’t have a set aim of posting this; I just wanted to share with you what I’m feeling

Best regards,
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with a lot of what you said, and I do think along those lines sometimes. The main reason why I stick around here and use socionics is that socionics is a complete system that gives me much more predictability than going about relationships in a conventional way.

I have also come to find out that it may be necessary for some people to see socionics values and personal values separately, which I think has a big influence over inter type relations. I also think that, when learning socionics, there comes a time when you learn so much to the point where the new information is almost useless. I see socionics as one aspect of many aspects that influence people's thoughts, which should not be over complicated or given too much attention.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I hear ya.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are good reflections, and are the main reasons for my rooted belief that socionics should be used only when we have problems in relating with other people.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes i think that ESEs and ILIs are really all the same (within their respective types). That is weak Fi for you I guess.

But that doesn't mean that their interests and other aspects that a person can have aren't "unique". This can most easily be seen in the sense that not every dual you meet is your lover or friend, or develops into one either.

I think that socionics helps people to whom a theory as a tool is useful. I have found it useful.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that socionics (model A socionics) was proposed by an ILE who was concerned about Fi problems. It can be seen as an intense intellectual effort by someone using Ne and Ti to "replace" Fi.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

editing
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.