Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: ENFP that's not too sure what he is

  1. #1
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default ENFP that's not too sure what he is.

    Removed.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You sound almost exactly like me (even testing INFp as a kid), which gives you every right to be confused.

    There are definitely a few major differences, though.

    The biggest difference is that I've never been good at expressing emotions in any way. The only time I'm EVER able to express ANY sort of outward positive emotion is if it's exaggerated to the point that nobody takes it seriously; that way I don't make anyone feel uncomfortable, but it still serves the purpose of me being able to vent and express SOMETHING.

    The other difference would be the "gut feelings." My friends are always telling me that I have no conscience/soul, and I think they're right. When I say something hurtful to someone, 9 times out of 10 it's because it's something true that other people are just too scared/sensitive to say. I also tend to test fairly high in Ti in just about any test; friends, teachers and parents have all accused me at one point or another of being overly analytical and trying to "read into things" too much.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    You sound almost exactly like me (even testing INFp as a kid), which gives you every right to be confused.

    There are definitely a few major differences, though.

    The biggest difference is that I've never been good at expressing emotions in any way. The only time I'm EVER able to express ANY sort of outward positive emotion is if it's exaggerated to the point that nobody takes it seriously; that way I don't make anyone feel uncomfortable, but it still serves the purpose of me being able to vent and express SOMETHING.

    The other difference would be the "gut feelings." My friends are always telling me that I have no conscience/soul, and I think they're right. When I say something hurtful to someone, 9 times out of 10 it's because it's something true that other people are just too scared/sensitive to say. I also tend to test fairly high in Ti in just about any test; friends, teachers and parents have all accused me at one point or another of being overly analytical and trying to "read into things" too much.
    And you think that you might be an ENFp?



    Anyway, Confused, you do sound like an ENFp.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  4. #4
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rocky, for about the 8000000000th time, I have absolutely no clue what I am. I could be a fucking ISTj who had an Ne/morphine drip for the first year of my life for all I know.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you were an introvert, you wouldn't have such a hard time looking inside yourself. :wink:
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  6. #6
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Removed.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  7. #7
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rocky, I don't doubt my E for one second. Even back when I used to test INFp, I always showed extroverted behavior; ENxp behavior, even. A fourth-grade teacher of mine once complained to my parents that "As soon as I sit down and get ready to teach the kids, George has the whole class going in a completely different direction." I'm actually more introspective now than I was then, but I think that's mostly due to my (long overdue) emotional maturation.

    I do doubt my T/F, though. I can come across as insensitive/cold in person, but I've always shown concern for the world at large, i.e., poor people, people with AIDS, etc. But that might just be part of having been brought up about 10,000 miles left of center.

    On the other hand, sometimes I come across very ENFp. And, wouldn't you know, sometimes I could give a shit less about poor kids with AIDS in Africa. So who knows.

    -end hijackulation-
    (credit^: discojoe)
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  8. #8
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Rocky, I don't doubt my E for one second. Even back when I used to test INFp, I always showed extroverted behavior; ENxp behavior, even. A fourth-grade teacher of mine once complained to my parents that "As soon as I sit down and get ready to teach the kids, George has the whole class going in a completely different direction." I'm actually more introspective now than I was then, but I think that's mostly due to my (long overdue) emotional maturation.

    I do doubt my T/F, though. I can come across as insensitive/cold in person, but I've always shown concern for the world at large, i.e., poor people, people with AIDS, etc. But that might just be part of having been brought up about 10,000 miles left of center.

    On the other hand, sometimes I come across very ENFp. And, wouldn't you know, sometimes I could give a shit less about poor kids with AIDS in Africa. So who knows.

    -end hijackulation-
    (credit^: discojoe)
    Well, my T/F is questionable as well. Though maybe your an ENFP with a strong developed Te. The real question to ask yourself is that do you feel for the people in Africa because of this feeling you get inside you. Like when you've done something wrong, your gut begins to wrench. If your incomfortabel the same thing happens or if things are really going for you than Fi begins to give you this awesome aura. If you've never experienced that, then that would mean your an ENTP with a developed Fe.

    That's how I find out, that I'm an ENFP no matter how developed my thinking is because of my strong developed Fi, now if my Te got more developed me Te, then I would become an ENXP.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFPs are alot like INTPs when it comes to the extraversion of emotion. And I'm talking at the core, here. The difference is that ENFP's sit on deep feelings (wait, INTPs do as well), and they expect them to be understood, rather than spoken (wait, INTPs do as well), and when they share them they have to be completely comfortable and have a feeling of safety, because they are sensitive to a rejection of their emotional position (wait, INTPs do as well).

    I guess you could look into whether or not you beam to life when you feel comfortable, and you know the people around you (wait, INTPs have similar attitudes in such an environment).

    You mention needing some form of attention. That is also common with INFPs.

    Oh-- there it is: the way you make a case for your confusion. It suggests a dominance of Ne, making you ENxP, for the moment.

    heh.

    Sometimes, even when there is evidence to suggest otherwise, you just can't knock the reality. No matter how much noise you add to what seems certain, you just can't make it go away. You should know.

    Alright, alright.. I'll stop.

    Best of luck on your quest to discover that you are an ENFP.
    thing.

  10. #10
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    ENFPs are alot like INTPs when it comes to the extraversion of emotion. And I'm talking at the core, here. The difference is that ENFP's sit on deep feelings (wait, INTPs do as well), and they expect them to be understood, rather than spoken (wait, INTPs do as well), and when they share them they have to be completely comfortable and have a feeling of safety, because they are sensitive to a rejection of their emotional position (wait, INTPs do as well).

    I guess you could look into whether or not you beam to life when you feel comfortable, and you know the people around you (wait, INTPs have similar attitudes in such an environment).

    You mention needing some form of attention. That is also common with INFPs.

    Oh-- there it is: the way you make a case for your confusion. It suggests a dominance of Ne, making you ENxP, for the moment.

    heh.

    Sometimes, even when there is evidence to suggest otherwise, you just can't knock the reality. No matter how much noise you add to what seems certain, you just can't make it go away. You should know.

    Alright, alright.. I'll stop.

    Best of luck on your quest to discover that you are an ENFP.
    Thanks, I think your right about the extraversion of emotion between ENFPs and INTPs because my INTP friend and I express emotions in the same way and maybe that's why we can relate to eachother well.

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well my Ti is definitely stronger than my Te; just look at my test results. I don't really have a good understanding of Te, although I do use it sometimes.

    The tricky thing is that my Fi is definitely better than my Fe...or at least from what I can tell. My problem with F is that I have alot of trouble distinguishing between Fe and Fi, which leads me to believe that neither of them is one of my stronger functions; Ti, on the other hand, I have easy access to (only when I want it; it doesn't sneak up on me like the Fs). Sometimes it comes even more naturally than Ne.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I think it'd be highly difficult to live without Te. I think it is highly expected as well. That felt like a Capt. Obvious moment lol

  13. #13
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The more you say about your functions, the more convinced I become that you're INFj.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  14. #14
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Replied to you in other thread lol

  15. #15
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    The more you say about your functions, the more convinced I become that you're INFj.
    I doubt it. He sounds nothing like the other INFjs here, like Megan or CuriousSoul - perhaps a bit like Darklord. I think ENFj is the likeliest type.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  16. #16
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  17. #17
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  18. #18
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Kim, I'm not being flippant or anything here, but you could say that something you hate is meanness just for the sake of meanness. Right?
    Diana, yes, that's what I meant. I also dislike meannes for the mere sake of honesty. What's the point of telling a person mean things just to express yourself and be honest, but for no other reason? It's selfish.

    And I think there's people of all types who would avoid ever deliberately hurting someone else. I know that I try not to hurt people's feelings, and when I do I feel very bad about it.
    Oh, definitely! I'm not saying that only ENFps worry about people's feelings! But Giligan wonders what type he is and I argue that ENFps are naturally very concerned about hurting other people's feelings due to being while other types are not so much.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  19. #19
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Young_and_Confused, you sound very (!) ENFp to me. I also seemed more INFp when I was younger because I was really shy and insecure. But I was just a shy ENFp (which I assume you were, too). I also need time to unwind and go through periods of not wanting to socialize much (in my case, these periods can be periods of depression, though, if they are too long and I don't snap out of them and get back into the social mode). I want to write more, but I will have to do that later. I'm pretty sure you are ENFp based on what you say. I also think your writing seems ENFp.
    Yeah, I agree with what your saying. I think the fact that I became shy was because I couldn't fit in, but I always wanted to be accepted and with others. Well, I like to go to a party and socialize, but after a long time, I need time to relax and be by myself. I also have that silly switch that I like to turn on every once in a while and it annoys/entertains those around me.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  20. #20
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I took the test again and for some reason I got INFP, what do you guys make of this? It kind of makes sense, since I am very balanced between introversion and extraversion. I enjoy being alone and doung solo activities, but I can also be with a group and enjoy that too.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •