Thread: Is Ezra LSI?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Ezra LSI?

I watched one of his videos last night, and now SLE seems less likely to me than ever.

The reason that LSI makes sense is the manner in which he compliments people. He doesn't sound like he's trying to flatter people, he's just point blank stating what he likes about someone.

It makes SLE seem pretty unlikely, since they aren't generally so... complimentary... and the way he does it is inconsistent with LIE (an LIE would most likely try to offer a practical reason why the trait mentioned is a good thing).

SEE could work, in terms of the quality I'm referencing, but SEE's don't generally offer compliments the way Ezra does. (SEE's are usually more like "that's cool" rather than "I like that", though I'm not sure this explanation is descriptive enough for people to understand the distinction.)

The only reason that I'm doubting LSI atm is because it seems like Ezra is appreciated and understood better by the Gammas here than the Betas. It also seems that he clicks better with the Gammas as well.

I also definitely think he's a Positivist. My top pick atm is LSI, followed by SEE (I don't think a Ti PoLR makes sense though).

Anyways, those are just a few thoughts.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Ezra LSI?
    No.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe he could be LSI. He has given me good arguments otherwise but I still think he is. Especially the Extroverted Intuition. He can't stand any of my ambiguity.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he agree that you're ILE?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lately I think LSE
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    lately I think LSE
    Definitely more likely than LSI.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Does he agree that you're ILE?
    I believe so yes. The agreement came from my Fi Polr.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I completely agree with LSI.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm almost "settled" on LSI at this point... but I have a question: Leon, have you read any SEE descriptions, and if so, how well do you think they apply to Ezra?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, after reading one on the Wikisocion it doesn't really match up.

The introverted logic talks about not liking rules. Ezra (though he doesn't revel in making them) he can work with rules and often maintains them in his life. If he has a responsibility he will happily perform it. He isn't really an excessive spender and I think he does like a systematic timetable.

The introverted intuition talks about 'never ending energy'. Though he does work hard and achieves, I have seen patches of laziness, or times when he will change his plans to account for a problem.

Besides...

do I have to say anything else?
    Last edited by Mr Saturn; 05-25-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Because that's what Alphas do.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The behavior you're describing certainly does sound far more like a LSI than a SEE. IJ > EP, too.

I see Se creative types as "budgeting" energy. EJ's tend to feel restless if they're sitting around, but IJ's are happy to rest when they feel it is appropriate to do so. However, when it's time to accomplish something, Se creatives can work tirelessly until the project is complete. They don't spend energy recklessly like Se dominants do, but instead direct their energy toward desired ends. "Waste not, want not" seems to be how Se creatives view energy expenditure.

Se creatives need the direction of Ni creatives because they need to know that they are directing that energy wisely. They want their work to have a purpose, and they want to know that there's a long term plan that they can count on. If there is a long term plan that they can believe in, they can put forth a great deal of energy advancing towards it.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, Ezra does work towards things and he will probably have something to say about this.

For me however, the phrase 'waste not, want not' doesn't fit Ezra.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturn View Post
    Hmm, Ezra does work towards things and he will probably have something to say about this.

For me however, the phrase 'waste not, want not' doesn't fit Ezra.
    I only meant in terms of energy expenditure, basically that Se creatives aren't as wasteful with energy as Se dominants or EJ's are.

The LSI I knew best certainly did do some things in excess, but I guess I just wrote it off to his being a young man.

Hmm... I guess the "waste not want not" thing could just be my perspective of ESI's in LIE/ESI duality.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just mean that Ezra relaxes often. Spending time listening to music or watching films, I don't think he is always looking for a good purpose of energy.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleh. I don't know, SEE could work, too. I do think he's a Positivist though. And he does seem to get along best with the Gammas here, and it seems that they understand him well.

I'm not sure. It's odd to be torn between LSI and SEE, no doubt... I don't think there's a clear indication that he's one or the other though. I think I may have a better idea after I meet him.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the problem with an LSI that likes to rest? Activity level is often something very individual.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What's the problem with an LSI that likes to rest? Activity level is often something very individual.
    Is this question for me?

In an earlier post I addressed that: EJ's tend to feel restless if they're sitting around, but IJ's are happy to rest when they feel it is appropriate to do so.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this question for me?

In an earlier post I addressed that: EJ's tend to feel restless if they're sitting around, but IJ's are happy to rest when they feel it is appropriate to do so.
    Yeah, so what Leon said isn't against Ezra being LSI, so there's no reason to think he might be SEE due to the fact that he likes to watch films-rest-etc etc

At the very least, Ezra is clearly a J type. This is quite obvious from everything he said about his life: he's very orderly, he has his life quite planned, he likes being in the military (an institution which emphasize J-qualities overall, and ISTj particularly), he likes everything to be clear and unambiguos. All these traits are in stark contrast with SEE.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To paraphrase an American president, 'I knew a ESFp, and that, sir, is no ESFp.'

I believe that he's SLE... w/e, I'll explain if anyone wants me to.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra is not LSI.

Why ? Because :

1. He's phitype S- N0 D+.
    2. He's a classical introvert.

The sum of the phitype components is (-1) + (0) + (+1) = 0. The phisum is 0.

Phisum 0 means the individual is an extroverted introtim or an introverted extratim, like Ezra.

Then, Ezra is most likely SLE.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Ezra is not LSI.

Why ? Because :

Phisum 0 means the individual is an extroverted introtim or an introverted extratim, like Ezra.

I do see this as evidence against LSI, but not for the reasons you stated.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Definitely more likely than LSI.
    So I'm more likely to be your identical than SLE; correct?

I see Se creative types as "budgeting" energy. EJ's tend to feel restless if they're sitting around, but IJ's are happy to rest when they feel it is appropriate to do so. However, when it's time to accomplish something, Se creatives can work tirelessly until the project is complete. They don't spend energy recklessly like Se dominants do, but instead direct their energy toward desired ends. "Waste not, want not" seems to be how Se creatives view energy expenditure.
    What the fuck is "waste not, want not"? Besides that, this is me. The reason Leon doesn't see this in me is because I very rarely have a project to complete.

Se creatives need the direction of Ni creatives because they need to know that they are directing that energy wisely. They want their work to have a purpose, and they want to know that there's a long term plan that they can count on. If there is a long term plan that they can believe in, they can put forth a great deal of energy advancing towards it.
    My long-term plan is law. No one has helped me come up with that. However, my energies aren't always directed towards this. In fact, only a segment of them are. I spend a lot of my time doing unproductive things like watching films, reading fiction or playing games. My life emphasises the "play and relax" aspect over the "work tirelessly" aspect of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturn View Post
    I just mean that Ezra relaxes often. Spending time listening to music or watching films, I don't think he is always looking for a good purpose of energy.
    This is what I mean, Joy. This is exactly me; it constitutes about 70% of my lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    At the very least, Ezra is clearly a J type. This is quite obvious from everything he said about his life: he's very orderly, he has his life quite planned, he likes being in the military (an institution which emphasize J-qualities overall, and ISTj particularly), he likes everything to be clear and unambiguos. All these traits are in stark contrast with SEE.
    I like this kind of Fabio! Lots of justification and reasons for why you think what you do. I have a hard time arguing with it, although I will say that I prefer Rationality and Irrationality to J and P (come to think of it, they mean the same thing anyway; it's just my being anal).

There are a few things actually. 1) I have met people who are far more concerned with clear, unambiguous things than I. 2) Are SEEs not orderly? Do SEEs not plan their life? Do SEEs not enjoy the military?

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I believe that he's SLE... w/e, I'll explain if anyone wants me to.
    Please do. Please don't use the deeism "i know an ESTP and he looks a bit like him", though.

Ezra is not LSI.

Why ? Because :

I'm --+.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'm --+.
    No. On your videos you look quite tense. N0 or N+, but N- should be excluded. --+ SLE's are unfrequent. All --+'s I've known were LSI, SLI, or ESI.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on... you like the military?
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI is an absurd suggestion for Ezra. He is clearly extraverted. His correct type is LIE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp is obvious to me. If he seems too "positve" or generous with compliments all it means is that he's not a stupid ESTp and has learned that by not being an asshole it's a lot easier to get Fe from other people and Fe feels good.
    INFp-Ni

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's very ESTp. What the fuck are you all on ?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    He's very ESTp. What the fuck are you all on?
    He is not ESTp -- unless he is totally deluded. His test results and what he identifies with are totally incompatible with ESTp. He simply cannot be an ESTp -- unless he is totally deluded.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observations of Ezra from webcam chats:

-Very natural use of Fe (makes me feel less pressure to use Fe)
    -More likely S>N
    -Enneagram 8 is possible
    -Most likely sp/so variant
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    My observations of Ezra from webcam chats:

-Very natural use of Fe (makes me feel less pressure to use Fe)
    -More likely S>N
    -Enneagram 8 is possible
    -Most likely sp/so variant
    It's either confusion of with and SP with Social, either he's really a LSI.

Except that he doesn't really much look like Milosevic or Stalin.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on... you like the military?
    I'm in the OTC. I don't plan on a military career; all this is doing is boosting my CV (or "resume" as you Yanks call it) for my future career in law. Everything I do at the moment besides enjoy myself is directed towards my career. My future is constantly on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    If he seems too "positve" or generous with compliments all it means is that he's not a stupid ESTp and has learned that by not being an asshole it's a lot easier to get Fe from other people and Fe feels good.
    Yes.

Except that he doesn't really much look like Milosevic or Stalin.
    What... the fuck.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd ask those who are seeing Ezra as LSI to imagine if he's really an EIE's dual.

Ezra's use of Ti is, at the very least, erratic. Rather than carefully consider everything and then come out with a rather fixed conclusion, he tries this and that correlation, or conclusion, of which he's "certain" - until something comes up to change his mind. That happens very often and easily. Both myself and Aleesha noticed this characteristic, and neither of us minds it, for the record; but it would drive an EIE insane.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Ezra's use of Ti is, at the very least, erratic. Rather than carefully consider everything and then come out with a rather fixed conclusion, he tries this and that correlation, or conclusion, of which he's "certain" - until something comes up to change his mind. That happens very often and easily. Both myself and Aleesha noticed this characteristic, and neither of us minds it, for the record; but it would drive an EIE insane.
    How insane? As in an activity relation? or more incompatible than that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I've been thinking is that if people are trying to decide between LSI and SEE, why not consider ESI? Personally I'm too lazy to think of any arguments for or against this typing but I think if people do insist on IJ temperament, then partly for the reasons Expat mentioned and also because of my gut instinct that Ezra is Gamma rather than Beta, I think ESI would be more likely than LSI. Just to cause even more chaos and corruption to afflict the denizens of Ancardia...I think. Bah I dunno, I can't be bothered to look it up. No doubt nobody will get the reference anyway. At which point loads of people in the world automatically know the reference, suddenly have an awareness of this thread and rush to the nearest computers, register on this site and mention the reference just to contradict me. What does all of this have to do with Ezra's type? How am I supposed to know? The relevant stuff is in the first 1/3 of this post. If you cannot stand off-topic ramblings, do not read the remaining 2/3s. What's that? You already have? Oh I'm sorry.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    One thing I've been thinking is that if people are trying to decide between LSI and SEE, why not consider ESI?
    I considered that at one point for about 30 seconds, but he has a quality that ESI's don't have, and vice versa... the best way I can think of to describe it is to go back to one of Oldham's type descriptions:

Serious: Serious men and women suffer no illusions. They don't hitch their wagons to a star, count their chickens before they're hatched, sing that life is just a bowl of cherries, or don rose-colored glasses to paint their existence a more beguiling hue. Even when things are not so pleasant, they seem them as they are. Of course, since the current culture favors individuals who "think positive", look on the bright side, and attempt to always improve themselves, somebody with a Serious style may not exactly fit the image. But Serious people don't expect to be popular. What they sacrifice in silver linings, they gain in ability to carry on in even the worst of circumstances. No other personality style is quite so able to endure when a harsh climate seems to descend on the planet. This is a no-frills, no-nonsense, just-do-it personality style, whose strength in hard times cna help everyone survive. Like many of the other personality styles, it is one where a little goes a long way.
    • Straight face. Individuals with the Serious personality style maintain a sober demeanor. They are solemn and not given to emotional expression.
    • Unpretentious. They are realistically aware of their own capabilities, but they are also aware of their own limitations; they are not tempted by vanity or self-importance.
    • Accountability. Serious people hold themselves responsible for their actions. They will not soft-pedal their own faults and do not let themselves off the hook.
    • Cogitation. They're thinkers, analyzers, evaluators, ruminators: They'll always play things over in their minds before they act.
    • Nobody's fool. Men and women with Serious personality style are sharp appraises of others. In their ability to critique other people, they are as unhesitating as in their own self-evaluation.
    • No surprises. They anticipate problems and when the worst happens, they're prepared to deal with it.
    • Contrition. Serious people suffer greatly when they realize they've been thoughtless or impolite to others.
    The overall idea conveyed in this description fits Gamma introverts well (especially ESI's), and this is the quality about them that Ezra does not have.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, why didn't I think of that? Of course Ezra is an ESI. It is a perfect fit ...

Are you lunatics, folks? Haven't you seen the Ezra video(s)? Why do you totally ignore how he describes himself? ESI ... One of the most stupid type suggestions imaginable. Only SEI would be an even more stupid suggestion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at it from the perspective of LSI vs. SEE, ESI is a very logical type to question. As is SLE.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I considered that at one point for about 30 seconds, but he has a quality that ESI's don't have, and vice versa... the best way I can think of to describe it is to go back to one of Oldham's type descriptions:

The overall idea conveyed in this description fits Gamma introverts well (especially ESI's), and this is the quality about them that Ezra does not have.
    Fair enough. I haven't really studied Ezra well enough to have any definite ideas about his type, so I just thought I'd throw that one into the mix and see what happens.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, obviously I've never chatted with Ezra directly, but he always struck me as a Beta and looks almost identical to my LSI friend. I haven't been able to type many people, but Ezra has always struck me as LSI.

That being said, Mr.Saturn is ILE and I'm not sure that it sounds like they have a relation of supervision between.

I could see SLE as a distinction possibility. I don't really see Ezra as an Ethical, though. *shrugs* He seems fairly Ti to me.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I don't know, obviously I've never chatted with Ezra directly, but he always struck me as a Beta and looks almost identical to my LSI friend. I haven't been able to type many people, but Ezra has always struck me as LSI.

That being said, Mr.Saturn is ILE and I'm not sure that it sounds like they have a relation of supervision between.

I could see SLE as a distinction possibility. I don't really see Ezra as an Ethical, though. *shrugs* He seems fairly Ti to me.
    Yeah, I have read the supervision description and it certainly does not sound like Ezra and myself. Especially since I would be the supervisor, correct?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast