what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default People with personality disorders getting typed into Beta Quadra

Do you think that a lot of people with personality disorders generally get labeled as Beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you seriously asking if Betas are more prone to personality disorders? Or maybe you're asking something else?

Probably depends on the disorder. Histrionic, Antisocial, & Narcissistic could either possibly be described as Beta-ish or affect many Beta types. I would guess not so much Avoidant, Schizoid, and Schizotypal. Unsure about Paranoid and Dependent.

Howard Hughes (ENFj) famously had OCD. Borderline is very pervasive compared to other disorders and can affect many different kinds of personalities.

Any specifics you have in mind?

"His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

Johari
    Nohari

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Are you seriously asking if Betas are more prone to personality disorders? Or maybe you're asking something else?
    No, I should have explained myself better. It just seemed like people generally type crazy defective people as Beta to a default, or maybe that's just me. I'm kind of regretting the fact that I made a topic about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the passionate impulsiveness of many betas can lend itself to personality disorders
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extraverted aristocrats are negativists, thus negativist quadras are generally bound to have a little heavier overtone, thus from the outside they might be seen as more prone to neurosis.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm kind of regretting the fact that I made a topic about this.
    Hahaha. LOL
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ENFj and I was diagnosed with OCD at 13 (Psych said I would get better as I've gotten older).

So ENFjs would be more prone to OCD or even OCPD.
    ENFp (IEE, intuitive Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Alliterator View Post
    I am ENFj and I was diagnosed with OCD at 13 (Psych said I would get better as I've gotten older).

So ENFjs would be more prone to OCD or even OCPD.
    no offense, but i think that's a generalization. now i could see what youre getting at here since they're extrovered judging but i think OCD would almost belong more to the ENFP because they're supposedly "vigilant." I dont know. I've seen Gammas being very germ phobic, too. I'm actually dysthymic and I'm an ENFJ, too, so ... I guess you could look at a persons enneagram type for more information about them and maybe look at their levels (like in the keirsey test) if you tested their functions, because there really is some variety there, too. The long enneagram test in one of the Hudson Riso books (actually i think its a book made for testing excluseively) also shows the levels of each type a person contains and that can also be informative.

Peace,
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.