Thread: The more well-rounded/well-developed a person is, the harder he/she is to type

Creepy-

Default The more well-rounded/well-developed a person is, the harder he/she is to type.

It's an idea I've been toying with. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I think it's hard for that kind of person to type themselves because they are identifying with all of the aspects of themselves that they have developed. but, it's probably easier for others to "see through" some of that and type them.

love
    kj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could be. depends on how well rounded is defined i spose.

i've always thought the older a person is the harder it is to type them since people kind of learn to develop their weaker functions and/or minimize their negative effects. so weaknesses can look stronger than they really are.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well rounded or well?

If you're talking about well rounded, then perhaps you're correct. If you're talking about well (healthy and happy), then their ego functions should be much more apparent than that of any other block.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Well rounded or well?

If you're talking about well rounded, then perhaps you're correct. If you're talking about well (healthy and happy), then their ego functions should be much more apparent than that of any other block.
    good point. that means i'm well rounded and pretty messed up.

lv
    kj

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes if you want to type by traits, no if you want to type by relations.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Good point.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ah, that is a great point.

But, if a person has worked (consciously or not, I don't think it matters) to build up each function with the specific intention of getting along with more people better (which is pretty obviously what a natural person would do, right?), then would intertype relations still play out the same way? Or would it just take longer/more exposure for the patterns to show?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, if a person has worked (consciously or not, I don't think it matters) to build up each function with the specific intention of getting along with more people better (which is pretty obviously what a natural person would do, right?), then would intertype relations still play out the same way? Or would it just take longer/more exposure for the patterns to show?
    Eventually, the intertype relation would become obvious... Perhaps after a longer time than normal.

As to well-roundedness = more difficult to type... Personally, I can't say that I've ever come across this... Is there an example of which you can think where this might be the case? Regardless, interesting question.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you say that ILE is an unhealthy type to be? Unless you mean in the physical sense, which I don't think Allie was referring to. That being said, I don't know how having a concrete knowledge of what your type is is any healthier than being more well-rounded.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it obvious that a natural Fe person would do that? could another type want to consciously work on building up other functions with the specific intention of getting along with more people better? that is exactly what i've done over my 20 years of adulthood.

i agree that the intertype relations would eventually play out but might take longer because little things would still come out naturally for the person trying to get along with more people.

lv
    kj

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    oh, I was only kidding.

Damn it! Stop circumventing interesting arguments *la tristesse*
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's quite the opposite, actually. A healthy person has a good balance of their four quadra functions, not over-emphasizing any one function. A healthy person typically conveys a more accurate portrait of themselves than does an unhealthy person.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    Actually, I am kind of unhealthy.

Your both wrong.
    Damn it! Stop circumventing interesting arguments *la tristesse*

On a side note, you are the most self-contradictory person I've met, Allie
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much better!

And for the record, just because we're schizophrenic psychopaths, doesn't mean me we're unhealthy.

Yes it does!

...No it doesn't

Imma cut you *wields knife menacingly*

Right...We're unhealthy. but so is everyone else
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    is it obvious that a natural Fe person would do that? could another type want to consciously work on building up other functions with the specific intention of getting along with more people better? that is exactly what i've done over my 20 years of adulthood.
    Thanks for the response, and for pointing that out - I didn't mean that exclusively -types would do it... maybe -valuing types would be more accurate. Or maybe it would depend more on life experiences shaping that desire. It was only an aside, not the point of the quandary and certainly not meant to exclude anyone because of type.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Nick's a stripper!

(lol... PM me for proof )
    Nobody listen to her. She's too strung out on amphetamines to think clearly lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*everyone slowly hears the start to Gay Bar in the background......*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah...
    I'm strrrng out

And I seriously have video!!! (No one cares ???)
    lmao
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A pure object naturally has more potential growth than a hybrid object. Doesn't mean pure is better, actually- it means they have more work to do really.

It's why in DND and other role-playing games, the hybrid classes are strong right when you roll them, but if you start with a cleric or mage they're going to take a lot of effort to do well and they won't reach their peak until later.

You can type a well-rounded person, because nobody can be equally decent at everything- then they'd be God. Even 'hybrids' or well-balanced people have things they can't do well. (such as hybrids have penalties that disable them from doing things well as a pure can and no Shaman will get a pure CC spell in WoW so STOP WHINING ABOUT IT) So just find the weaknesses of these well-rounded individuals and try to do the math and go from there.

Oh and *spit* on you if you call me a nerd. You can apply so many real life factors that you learn in dnd I don't know why more people use them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    aren't a number of psychological disorders extremes or exaggerations of personality traits? (or they at least appear like it.) case in point: the Oldham styles.
    The problem with this is that if they are exaggerations, there's a danger of people's conflating extreme traits with the actual type itself e.g. "you don't have megalomaniacal tendencies; you cannot be EIE" or "you do not work your ass off; you cannot be LSE".

I think more rounded people generally are more difficult to type. When people aren't balanced, it means people are excessive. And when people are excessive, their shitty traits are more evident (it can go the other way too; people's good traits can become more evident). The more balanced you are, the more subtle you are, and thus the harder to type you are. You don't show the functions in their full force, because you feel generally comfortable with who you are and what you do. Excessive people are not healthy; they're generally not comfortable with themselves in one way or another; subconsciously or consciously.