Thread: What types do you consider a threat to you?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types do you consider a threat to you?

When I meant "threat", I meant someone who makes you feel conscious about your weaknesses. You need not necessarily dislike him/her.When you are with him/her, you admire his/her abilities to be skillful in areas which you have tried hard but find it difficult to succeed in. When both of you like the same person, you feel that she has a lot more to offer and is more desirable than you, and there is no way that person will prefer you more than her.

For me, they would be:

Alpha SF: because they seem more outwardly caring and seem to take more initiative than me, and are better in Si-oriented activities.

ESTp: because they have a sunshine-y and dynamic character, are excellent in sports, and know how to groom themselves and dress well to maximise their good points.

ISFj: same reason as Se-ESTp, except that their character is more subdued.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably ESFp-Fi and ISFj-Se. The first one must have Se related Te (stuff I just dont pay attention to, and called stupid for this) and the second kind of the same reason, but for stuff they already know and wonder, how come this person doesn't remember this fact that we saw once before?

Oh, and probably ESTp.. since they have what my coveted male INFps want.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to pick, I'd go with Delta ST's, simply because there's no way someone could irritate me so much if I didn't feel at all threatened by him/her.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    If I had to pick, I'd go with Delta ST's, simply because there's no way someone could irritate me so much if I didn't feel at all threatened by him/her.
    wtf?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not talking about anyone here, btw.

Basically, I don't feel "threatened" by any type, but the type I've had the most clashes with is LSE, and SLI's can frustrate me a lot as well. So Delta ST's, particularly LSE's, must make me feel threatened on some deeper level or they wouldn't be capable of upsetting me as much as the ones I've known have. People watching would be confused as to why their behavior was so upsetting to me if they did not know me well.

On the surface, it would probably appear irl that I have the most trouble with EIE's, but Beta extroverts (more so EIE's) seem to have more of a problem with me than I have with them.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supervisor, superego, and contrary. nothing personal, of course.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'm not talking about anyone here, btw.

Basically, I don't feel "threatened" by any type, but the type I've had the most clashes with is LSE, and SLI's can frustrate me a lot as well. So Delta ST's, particularly LSE's, must make me feel threatened on some deeper level or they wouldn't be capable of upsetting me as much as the ones I've known have. People watching would be confused as to why their behavior was so upsetting to me if they did not know me well.
    I think I can see that. My ENTj friend, for example, finds LSEs extremely irritating when they take it upon themselves to take responsibility for him without his consent or approval i.e. involving him in social activities they are planning. He doesn't like when people tell him what to do or what he's going to do, particularly when he's not present when such takes place.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    probably ESFp-Fi and ISFj-Se. The first one must have Se related Te (stuff I just dont pay attention to, and called stupid for this) and the second kind of the same reason, but for stuff they already know and wonder, how come this person doesn't remember this fact that we saw once before?

Oh, and probably ESTp.. since they have what my coveted male INFps want.

grrrrrrrrrr
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj, definitely. They just want to boss everybody around, and they also do it in a very controlling-rude way, that only messes things up and it's very disrespectful. All the prolonged interactions I've had with ESTjs have ended pretty badly.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    grrrrrrrrrr

lol that's what my ESFp sis would say.. shes Fi subtype. But did you think I meant I call them stupid? Because I meant they (ESFp Fi and ISFj- Se) call me stupid for that. but yeah.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    lol that's what my ESFp sis would say.. shes Fi subtype. But did you think I meant I call them stupid? Because I meant they (ESFp Fi and ISFj- Se) call me stupid for that. but yeah.
    no i was just trying to threaten u ahaha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    no i was just trying to threaten u ahaha
    Your grrrrrrr sounded more like a purrrrrr.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Your grrrrrrr sounded more like a purrrrrr.
    OH NO U DIDNT! hahaha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj's, but that's it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most ESEs are heavily intimidated by me (?) and thus, they start hating on me and stuff. I hate subtypes I think ... they're just flaunting themselves everywhere, trying to look more competent than me for whatever reason, but it just ends up in shit. They try so hard. Ugh. I do feel threatened though, cause it's a blatant attack on me.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this particular ESFp a threat... It's probably just... Well... uh... Oh lord.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    as I take more control over my activities, I do notice the "lashing out" thing if the ESTj thinks something else should be done instead. But they seem like trustworthy people ultimately, who will not go out of their way to make life miserable over minor differences. the most important thing seems to be establishing boundaries, which the ESTj typically sticks to. if you don't stick to them yourself, there will be serious problems, but just don't don't stick to them, ok?
    Well, I have to say that it's just my perspective on ESTjs, and it is due to an incompatibility in life visions: probably we both tend to have a slightly take-charge approach to situations, which means that they could symmetrically complain about my behavior. In any case, often my conflict with them arises when they have a fit of anger for something minor I've done "wrong" in their eyes. Most people would just shut up and let the ESTj vent. Instead, I always reply with logical reasons on why I was actually right and the ESTj is wrong. This totally drives them insane (and I actually find it very funny when they get very angry).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    When I meant "threat", I meant someone who makes you feel conscious about your weaknesses. You need not necessarily dislike him/her.When you are with him/her, you admire his/her abilities to be skillful in areas which you have tried hard but find it difficult to succeed in. When both of you like the same person, you feel that she has a lot more to offer and is more desirable than you, and there is no way that person will prefer you more than her.

For me, they would be:

Alpha SF: because they seem more outwardly caring and seem to take more initiative than me, and are better in Si-oriented activities.

ESTp: because they have a sunshine-y and dynamic character, are excellent in sports, and know how to groom themselves and dress well to maximise their good points.

ISFj: same reason as Se-ESTp, except that their character is more subdued.
    I would think that the comparative/kindred type would be potentially the most threatening type, as it would seem to one that the kindred was using their leading function in what would be perceived as misguided ways that would threaten their own vulnerable function. The kindred type can appear as the "darkened shadow form" of the identity type.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think that the comparative/kindred type would be potentially the most threatening type, as it would seem to one that the kindred was using their leading function in what would be perceived as misguided ways that would threaten their own vulnerable function. The kindred type can appear as the "darkened shadow form" of the identity type.
    Interesting idea, that makes sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    but why do that if you know it's going to compromise things? (unless what was compromised was just personal relationships -- in that case, not my place to say. but i don't understand the point of correcting, if, you know it will compromise the goal at hand.)
    Because otherwise things would be equally compromised if they were to think they were right and I was wrong. From my perspective, of course. Win-Win reasoning never works with ESTjs (IME), because whenever I try to reason with them, they think I am correcting them and thus they become very agitated and directly move towards physical menaces.

i have handled a number of leadership positions in my time and i always try to seperate what is said from what is done and the ESTj's i have known have generally been very reasonable and realiable in the later -- assuming of course clear assignments and objectives have been established. (with EFj's just the opposite seems to happen where i am spoonfed some compliant bullshit and they proceed to do what they want to do against what was planned anyway.)
    I've never been in a position of leadership over an ESTj. Always on par, but they tended to assume leadership over me because I appear very compliant and democratic whenever somebody isn't infriging my rights. Probably if an ESTj were my subordinate I'd try to ditch him quickly, they almost always promote a very unfavourable and oppressive atmosphere.

when boundaries aren't established though i can see ESTj's less positively. they are very take-charge and i don't relate to many of their natural inclinations either.
    I am not good at estabilishing boundaries in the way you describe, because in my ideal world everybody should be free to do what they want. ESTjs instead want others to do what they want, so I banish them from my ideal world (I'm not really being serious here)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I find this particular ESFp a threat... It's probably just... Well... uh... Oh lord.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

wrong wrong wrong WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

ahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

wrong wrong wrong WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

ahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    Haha!!! Yeah, "wrong" is a great word for it!! I'm supposed to go to that concert tonight, but after seeing the photo -- well, I just hope that he's not gonna wear those pants tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by logos View Post
    I can definitely understand why, in theory, kindreds would come across as "darkened shadows" to each other, (i.e. A's creative is B's PoLR.) In my experience, however, the similar leading function increases sympathy... Thus there's not a whole lot of stepping on each other's toes in these relationships.

Extinguishment relations, on the other hand, can have some psychological pressure (almost intellectual pressure) which can feel threatening... This may be particular to the IEI-IEE relationship--I'm not sure... It's like both sides are trying to figure out what the other knows, so as to judge/classify the other... One of my good friends is INFp, and even that relationship has a subtle element of under-the-surface competition.

Has anyone else found this w/ Extinguishment relations?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII (INFj) not too surprising since they're my supervisor, but they function on a level that I both envy and don't understand. I feel like they make me look like a bad person.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Interesting idea, that makes sense.
    its written that comparative relations go astray when one is in a different position than the other.. i can see this especially with IxTj since they value their role in society and might see that as discomfitting.

I also read that one can admire their superego from afar. These two reactions could be seen as threatening.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I can definitely understand why, in theory, kindreds would come across as "darkened shadows" to each other, (i.e. A's creative is B's PoLR.) In my experience, however, the similar leading function increases sympathy... Thus there's not a whole lot of stepping on each other's toes in these relationships.
    There is sympathy, which comes from the kinship of the leading function, but the threat comes from the creative function (respective PoLR of the kindred) being used in similar methods through the shared leading function.
    Johari Box

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is sympathy, which comes from the kinship of the leading function, but the threat comes from the creative function (respective PoLR of the kindred) being used in similar methods through the shared leading function.
    Yeah, I understand your point here... And it's valid.

In my personal experience, these relations have never felt threatening... Honestly, they're almost as good for me as identical--similar feeling of empathy... Usually after a few hours we wear each other out, but those few hours are hilarious, usually.

This might be particular to the IEE-ILE kindred relationship though.

Creepy-bg

lol all the girls slide off their chairs over your video Juju... you should hear them in the chat

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta STs. They are just to "in your face" for me, and they seem to always have a kind of charisma that just makes people like them. They are almost always stable and likeable people, and people just seem drawn to them. I guess I envy that inherent attractive-ness of personality; I can be magnetic in my own way, but I have so much pent up shit that I feel like I have to express in ridiculous, sing-songy, dancey, apparently "annoying" behavior, that my insanity usually just makes people like "ummm ok whatever." They appear grounded and confident and seem to have an ability to naturally attract the kind of people I am attracted to.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I see mobilization, I pay close attention. Very close attention. I find myself literally riveted by such situations. I suspect LIIs in general do.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    lol all the girls slide off their chairs over your video Juju... you should hear them in the chat
    yeah, i bet it's easier to ignore the video when they're on the floor...

bg, where's the chat? I want to chat w/ you all.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, please tell me your username and click on "add as friend."
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)