Thread: Those ILE Movie Types

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Those ILE Movie Types

Can anyone name any ILE movie characters (not the actors)?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q in Star Trek
    Kramer in Seinfeld
    Doc Brown in Back to the Future
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Kramer in Seinfeld
    lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Gibbons - Office Space
    Dr. Frankenstein - Young Frankenstein
    Ash Williams (albeit an idiotic one who is forced into an -role) - Evil Dead I & II, Army of Darkness
    Albert Finney - Big Fish
    Shaun Riley - Shaun of the Dead
    Dr. Merkwürdigeliebe (aka Dr. Strangelove) - Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Peter Gibbons - Office Space
    Dr. Frankenstein - Young Frankenstein
    Ash Williams (albeit an idiotic one who is forced into an -role) - Evil Dead I & II, Army of Darkness
    Albert Finney - Big Fish
    Shaun Riley - Shaun of the Dead
    Dr. Merkwürdigeliebe (aka Dr. Strangelove) - Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
    Peter Gibbons an ILE? A guy whose goal is to just do nothing an EP? He's an SLI. Not because he wants to "do nothing" (ILEs sure can be lazy), but because Si is such a strong element of his personality, and there is little desire to set his understanding in motion (Ne ----> Fe in alpha), but rather using work or lack thereof to give him opportunities to explore (Te ----> Ne in delta).

Albert Finney is the actor who plays the older Edward Bloom in Big Fish.
    Edward is probably an IEE rather than an ILE; the impact of a story and it's importance to people is far more important than its coherence or facts.

The other ones I can see.

The most common way an ILE is portrayed in movies is as the stock character of the mad scientist. Several of these have already been mentioned. I'm trying to think of movies that get more into the character of an ILE, and I'm having trouble, so I'll get back to you.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Peter Gibbons an ILE? A guy whose goal is to just do nothing an EP? He's an SLI. Not because he wants to "do nothing" (ILEs sure can be lazy), but because Si is such a strong element of his personality, and there is little desire to set his understanding in motion (Ne ----> Fe in alpha), but rather using work or lack thereof to give him opportunities to explore (Te ----> Ne in delta).
    That Si element though was only brought to the forefront due to the hypnosis.

Albert Finney is the actor who plays the older Edward Bloom in Big Fish.
    Edward is probably an IEE rather than an ILE; the impact of a story and it's importance to people is far more important than its coherence or facts.
    My mistake with Albert Finney. I do not see a HA in Edward Bloom though, but do see a HA in his desire to be well received by his stories and to make it big. The was devalued, and the tension between Edward Bloom and his son arose from the son's -driven values of the gross exaggeration and embellishments of the story.

The most common way an ILE is portrayed in movies is as the stock character of the mad scientist. Several of these have already been mentioned. I'm trying to think of movies that get more into the character of an ILE, and I'm having trouble, so I'll get back to you.
    Yes, the mad scientist is the stock ILE character, but it would be good to find characters that avoided that stereotype. I too will hopefully come back to this question. If this thread was more open-ended to include TV shows, it would be easier for me, but I will stick with movies.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box